Hand That's Really Been Bothering Me

Sorry if the details are a little fuzzy, but this hand was live about 2 weeks ago, and I just can't get it out of my head.$1/$2 NL $300 max buy-inHero: $1100Villian: $700 - 800ishI had a very tight image. Basically I'd shown down set of Kings, AA, and 333 for my big pots, and because this was a raked game vs. a time charge game, it payed to play tighter. Villian was probably the loosest live NL player I'd ever played with. He was basically playing any 2 cards, but he'd connected on more than his share of flops. He was willing to go broke with bottom 2 on scary boards, but lucky for him he kept gettign paid off by TPTK type hands.I was on the button with 2 :D 3 :D and 4 players had limped, so I limped along looking for a flop. SB calls, BB raises to $10, Villian calls from UTG, all else fold to me and I call. 3 of us take the flop. ($40 in pot). Flop: Q :D 4 :D 6 :club:.Needless to say, this is almost as good a flop as I could hope for with 23 suited.Both players check. I bet $19 (which was pretty consistent w/ how I'd played my big hands and small ones alike) BB folds, Villian then talks a little bit, something about how he can't let me off that cheap, and raises to $55. I strongly consider putting in a raise here to like $180 or so, but then I get a little worried about him having such a big stack too, and basically I don't like the prospect of getting it all in w/ 3-high and some strong draws, so I just call. ($150 in pot).Turn: blanks out. Honestly I don't remember the card, but it didn't help me, and I'm fairly sure it didn't help him either. Villian bets $120 and I fold like a big vagina.I put villian on either 46, or a hand like QT or QJ. Thoughts on any street???Had villian been sitting on a $300 or $400 stack I likely would've raised the flop and got it all in either there or on the turn, but the fact that both of us were so deep scared me off of playing the hand the way I should have (IMO).

Yeah I think it's fine. I love raising with combo draws, but not when effective stacks are 150+ bb.Against a maniac, I might just check behind on the flop and hope to get a bunch of money in on the turn or river if my draw hits. Plus, I'm always a bit wary of super aggressive players checking to me on the flop after raising preflop.On the turn, you aren't getting the correct odds to draw, and you aren't going to make the maniac fold with a raise, not to mention that your draws aren't particularly strong, I think folding is correct.

i dont like the pre-flop call...but sometimes you have to play your suited connectors...and anyone who cant fold like that you have to bust with a hand you know you are winning with....Possibly checking the flop to control the pot size to see a free card on the turn would be best bet here always. If you check the flop, and you miss on the turn the action will be small enough for you to see one more card.

So, you would have invested $300 to $400 to see if you could hit a draw, if the villain had a stack of $300 to $400, but you wouldn't call another $120 at the turn with the option of folding on the river if you missed? If you missed, you'd lose less than $300. If you hit a draw, you've got a potential to build the pot even more on the river.

So, you would have invested $300 to $400 to see if you could hit a draw, if the villain had a stack of $300 to $400, but you wouldn't call another $120 at the turn with the option of folding on the river if you missed? If you missed, you'd lose less than $300. If you hit a draw, you've got a potential to build the pot even more on the river.
The value of his hand plummets when we see the turn. Plus you normally come over the top with these types of hands because you can get people to lay down or flat call and gain a free river card... but this opponent is nutso

Please correct me, if the maths is wrong.But isnt't he getting 2.25:1?I think that means you need to have 1/3.25 winning chance -> 30.8%By the rule of 2 and 4, he has 13 outs -> 26% wnining chance, of course only if his outs are good.And since he has some implied odds for sure, isn't this a call???Please correct me, if the maths is wrong.

Sorry, I kinda forgot about this thread...I think the ideal way to play the hand is to 3-bet the flop and call a shove (if he has a $300 - $400 stack), but if I 3-bet the flop and he has an $800ish stack, and he shoves, I'm frozen. Like I said in my original post, I have no interest in playing a $1600 pot with 3-high. As for calling/folding on the turn - I just thought I could find a better spot, and moved on to the next hand.

Based on your description of the villain, 3 betting the flop seems bad. But, so does betting the flop since he's likely to play anyway. With the deep money left behind and the good almost-immediate pot odds added to the implied odds of hitting, I think that you should be calling this turn in position a lot.