Ps $5 18 Seat Sng

I don't have the HH, sorry.This is the second or third hand in, stacks are pretty much flat.I'm on the button with two red A's and raise to 5xBB after two limpers. BB calls, limpers both call.Flop, 3K9, two spades.I bet 3/4 pot, BB pushes (why?) and both limpers call (are you kidding me?).With this many in the pot, can we ever make a case to fold here? At least one must be on a flush draw, the other two could have anything from a pair of K's to two pair, even a set.Call or fold?

I don't have the HH, sorry.This is the second or third hand in, stacks are pretty much flat.I'm on the button with two red A's and raise to 5xBB after two limpers. BB calls, limpers both call.Flop, 3K9, two spades.I bet 3/4 pot, BB pushes (why?) and both limpers call (are you kidding me?).With this many in the pot, can we ever make a case to fold here? At least one must be on a flush draw, the other two could have anything from a pair of K's to two pair, even a set.Call or fold?
call. Watch your AA lose to K3o lose to K9s. See 3 hit on river. Then play the next one. Unless you'd still have over $1K if you fold - then fold.

Precisely my point, with that many in the pot we are at a great disadvantage to be out-drawn.I'll have to run some numbers in Pokerstaove when I get home, IT made me uninstall it here at work, dangit.It'll be interesting to see what pokerstove gives us.

What is our equity here?Is there an acceptable limit where a call here is not correct?
Alright, to avoid starting a huge argument...We're probably going to win maybe ~30% of the time here... pure guestimation, be it us being ahead and holding, or sucking out (by catching a set or greater two pair or what have you).The fact that this is really early in the tournament does two things. One, it increases the chances of the players in the hand being mentally deficient. Two, if we QUAD UP way early, that gives us a commanding chiplead for a while, and allows us so much play it's disgusting. So... idk what the mathematical equity is... probably not nearly enough to make this call, but the TRUE equity makes a donk like me call all day :club:
I can't see how this is ever a CALL
I agree. If you put one player on a pair+flush draw and the other two random, your just under 40%. Knock him down to just a flush draw you move up to about 46%. However, throw one of the limp/callers in at 2 pair or a set (which I think is the case far more than half the time) and youre down to 10% on average. Overall Id say your equity here is around 20%. If you're getting around 4:1, go for it, otherwise get out of the way.

This is sometimes where pot odds can screw you...because there is so much money in the pot youa re almost forced to call, although it is a crying call to make....the more people in the pot, the better odds for you to call, but the better odds you are beat

I agree. If you put one player on a pair+flush draw and the other two random, your just under 40%. Knock him down to just a flush draw you move up to about 46%. However, throw one of the limp/callers in at 2 pair or a set (which I think is the case far more than half the time) and youre down to 10% on average. Overall Id say your equity here is around 20%. If you're getting around 4:1, go for it, otherwise get out of the way.
This is the kind of quick thinking analysis I wish I was better at in positions like this. Not sure if there is an easy way to do such, but it is something I would like to explore more.I'm getting better with the standard pot odds type situations, but when it comes to multiway pots I'm a little lost. Discounting outs, narrowing opponent hand ranges, etc, are something I've not really delved into much yet. I guess I just need to play around with pokerstove more often and commit some of these situations to memory.
Makes for a great post in the bad beat forum.
I'm not sure I agree. AA is the nuts only if we don't get to see a flop. With that many people in the hand, how can we reasonably expect it to be a bad beat if we call and lose? AA can be easily overplayed, this would not be an easy fold for alot of people, but this looks very much like a time when we have to get away from this hand.

I fold here - on that board, you have one player obv on the FD but with two others in the pot and no other draws..I'd have to put at least one of them on a set or two pair. More likely a set as it's less likely that someone is playing K9/K3/93 pre although you still have to consider it (players will play any two suited).You have to figure that one of your ace outs is gone also - I fold rather quickly

I fold here - on that board, you have one player obv on the FD but with two others in the pot and no other draws..I'd have to put at least one of them on a set or two pair. More likely a set as it's less likely that someone is playing K9/K3/93 pre although you still have to consider it (players will play any two suited).You have to figure that one of your ace outs is gone also - I fold rather quickly
FYP. Never lay down the Krablar!