Hevad Khan Gets Signed To Team Pokerstars

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ya, because I'm thinking about going down to Commerce saturday and playing the Cal St ME (2500), but he says it's not worth the hassle. I told him I don't get to play live as often as him etc so I kinda felt like it, and he then spouted off that quote. :club:
EV of the heart sounds like the next subject Clay Aiken's going to start.
It is dissapointing to see players with one good showing get signed with PokerStars. There are definetly a lot more deserving players.
Dudes had pretty decent success online. As a matter of fact, I'd like to have his decent success. Anyway, his antics at the table seem to be born out of being socially/emotionally disabled. This coupled with his nervous energy apparently makes him act like a gorrilla. weird
he's having fun and he didn't even act that bad. I think the jealousy bug bit your bum bum.
are you nuts? He sucks, he's classless, and he's a moron. Then, he puts his money in bad, sucks out for his tourney life, and does his act again. He just sucks and if he did that after he raked a pot against me, I'd quietly make sure he didn't do it again. I loved when the deaf guy beat him in that pot, and put his foot on the rail like he was reeling in a huge fish. Great stuff. I really laughed at that.
Anyway, his antics at the table seem to be born out of being socially/emotionally disabled. This coupled with his nervous energy apparently makes him act like a gorrilla. weird
thats one of the comments I'd make to him to shut him up. "nice hand. Hey, nice monkey chant. Maybe some day, you'll feel what its like to have sex with a woman without paying for it, you fat ugly mongoloid." I bet he thinks twice before making that show against me again. and if he did, I quietly tell him that if he acts like that again, I'm gonna follow him to the bathroom on the break and fight him. It helps that I'm not small.
If JC's doing it, so I am I.I'm sick of being the nice guy respectful sarcastic but polite young man. In the London Daily Telegraph, I got referenced for a cute remark about a mascot named Mr. Busto being in poker's future. F THAT. I'm gonna start thumping my chest "hoo haw, hoo hoo haw" and acting like an idiot to get endorsements. Worked for sexual abuser Sheiky, worked for RainKhan, will work for me too.Let's be a team JC....we should perform skits. Effin BS rewarding antics. Dats good television!!!
Count me in obv.3 idiots would DEFINITELY get camera time. In fact, we'd be the star attraction of the ME. :club:
One thing to keep in mind with Team Pokerstars is that they target players based on where they're from as well as their success. If you're the most high profile player in Poland for example you might be a candidate. A lot of Poker Stars marketing efforts are country specific and won't be obvious to people in the US.
does this mean i have a shot at team pokerstars since i come from a city that's basically considered its own lil country?? =/
this Hemed Rainkhan dude is 10 times worse than Humberto........it was hard for me to watch when he was on the featured table last week.........how can you act like that while at the poker table? some people amaze me.......this guy is just a str8 up moron...........sorry if anyone here is friends with him and i offended you........in fact if you do know him, please slap the fool across the forhead for me, thx!! :club:
Agreed. I'd punch him.
I think PokerStars is brilliant for some of it's signings.I mean, who wouldn't want to play on a site if they knew players like McEvoy, Moneymaker, Russo and a few others would be regularly donating to different prize pools and cash games.Khan is actually pretty good, but I have no clue about the other 'new' players.
After seeing that play he made where he shoved with Queens into the guy with Aces, I refuse to believe this. I rewound and replayed this hand at least 3 times to make sure I saw it correctly. Considering you're that deep in the ME, it was one of the worst plays I've ever seen.
After seeing that play he made where he shoved with Queens into the guy with Aces, I refuse to believe this. I rewound and replayed this hand at least 3 times to make sure I saw it correctly. Considering you're that deep in the ME, it was one of the worst plays I've ever seen.
The guy with AA was actually a very good online player, but for some reason I'm going mind blank on who it was right now. Meh, that's going to drive me nuts until I remember who it was...Anyway, can't disagree w/ it being a questionable play, but I've seen much worse.
Anyway, can't disagree w/ it being a questionable play, but I've seen much worse.
I definitely agree, I think it was just the fact that it happened deeper in the ME, and the fact that a lot of people praise Khan for being a pretty top notch player, that makes it so bad to me. After watching the hand a few times, I feel like a top notch player should be able to get away there every time.The worst part is he was rewarded with quads. Then he asks "Do you hate my play there?"
I definitely agree, I think it was just the fact that it happened deeper in the ME, and the fact that a lot of people praise Khan for being a pretty top notch player, that makes it so bad to me. After watching the hand a few times, I feel like a top notch player should be able to get away there every time.The worst part is he was rewarded with quads. Then he asks "Do you hate my play there?"
Yeah...IIRC, there was a raise, AA flatted from the button, then Khan re-r from the blinds w QQ, and AA shoved?
The guy with AA was actually a very good online player, but for some reason I'm going mind blank on who it was right now. Meh, that's going to drive me nuts until I remember who it was...Anyway, can't disagree w/ it being a questionable play, but I've seen much worse.
So I wanna know who that guy is now too.Plz think of it.
One thing to keep in mind with Team Pokerstars is that they target players based on where they're from as well as their success. If you're the most high profile player in Poland for example you might be a candidate. A lot of Poker Stars marketing efforts are country specific and won't be obvious to people in the US.
Shouldn't they target them on where they are from, their success, and their personality? I mean based on this I should only play at sites of successful American poker players. Sorry UB, you are falling way behind and Hellmuth isn't doing it. Sorry Doyle you never had a chance.Some of the most popular poker players in the United States are Antonius, Hansen, Gavin, Negreanu, Scotty Nguyen, etc. It just doesn't make sense to me that other people would ally with someone that is their countryman. I think people are much more drawn to funny, good looking, personable, good poker players than they are to the area of the world they represent.
Shouldn't they target them on where they are from, their success, and their personality? I mean based on this I should only play at sites of successful American poker players. Sorry UB, you are falling way behind and Hellmuth isn't doing it. Sorry Doyle you never had a chance.Some of the most popular poker players in the United States are Antonius, Hansen, Gavin, Negreanu, Scotty Nguyen, etc. It just doesn't make sense to me that other people would ally with someone that is their countryman. I think people are much more drawn to funny, good looking, personable, good poker players than they are to the area of the world they represent.
"Hey Frankie! You know that idiot on TV who just luckboxed his way into early retirement? He won a satellite on poker stars to get there! I should enter one of those satellites!"Would you rather play with/against Frankie's buddy and millions like him, or do you want to play with the 40 best players in the world? Besides Tram and Watkinson, was there any at that final table you wouldn't follow to a $100/$200 game to sit on their left?It's not wheaties boxes, sites don't get credit for having the best athletes.. It's more of a college recruitment. It's not "We put the best 3 players in the country in the NFL last season", it's "We put the best 3 players in the country in the NFL last season." There is no money in turning the best into the best. There is a ton of money in turning dead money into "the best".
"Hey Frankie! You know that idiot on TV who just luckboxed his way into early retirement? He won a satellite on poker stars to get there! I should enter one of those satellites!"Would you rather play with/against Frankie's buddy and millions like him, or do you want to play with the 40 best players in the world? Besides Tram and Watkinson, was there any at that final table you wouldn't follow to a $100/$200 game to sit on their left?
Maybe I'm wrong, but I find it very hard to believe that the poker sites are fighting over the people that play 100-200. I think they are trying to get as many people that deposit $500 and lose as possible. And yes, I think most people in that category would love to play with well known poker players. It's kind of how Full Tilt works...
It's not wheaties boxes, sites don't get credit for having the best athletes.. It's more of a college recruitment. It's not "We put the best 3 players in the country in the NFL last season", it's "We put the best 3 players in the country in the NFL last season." There is no money in turning the best into the best. There is a ton of money in turning dead money into "the best".
I don't really understand this edit. Or the next edit.But, that's not even the point that Bob was making or the one that I had contention with. He wasn't talking about sponsering the next CPA that wins the WSOP "ZOMG anyone can win" ala Moneymaker, he was talking about Stars signing players based on the country they are from because Stars thinks that will open up more players from those countries.I don't know if that's true. I know that it isn't true for the USA, but I can't speak for how common people of different countries perceive the well known poker players.I guess one addendum to my previous lists for poker players is they must speak English well and that appeals to English speakers.