Aa Kk Qq Ak Etc..

I do not get all the people who complain about loosing with AA KK QQ AK etc.. Let me explain my reasoning. 1. All these hands (Except for AK) are nothing more then a pair. 2. AK is not even a pair. 3. Sure they are the best starting hands but remember.. THEY ARE ONLY 1 PAIR !!. 23 or any combination can beat your hand easily. (Givin the right flop)Really does it surprise you guys when someone calls with 78 and beats these hands ?I personally Hate AA KK QQ etc.. I wind up loosing with these hands more often then winning. Especially online. Where any donk with suited connectors or even unsuited connectors is going to call you to the river just to see if he gets lucky. This is especially bad in freerolls and tourneys. People seem to think they have the nutz instantly when they get these hands.. Even PP's .. I hear a lot of people talking about bad beats and donks who beat them. I think a good player would realize that These hands are what they are and not go blaming someone else for their mistakes/Bad plays. End rant..

I do not get all the people who complain about loosing with AA KK QQ AK etc.. Let me explain my reasoning. 1. All these hands (Except for AK) are nothing more then a pair. 2. AK is not even a pair. 3. Sure they are the best starting hands but remember.. THEY ARE ONLY 1 PAIR !!. 23 or any combination can beat your hand easily. (Givin the right flop)Really does it surprise you guys when someone calls with 78 and beats these hands ?I personally Hate AA KK QQ etc.. I wind up loosing with these hands more often then winning. Especially online. Where any donk with suited connectors or even unsuited connectors is going to call you to the river just to see if he gets lucky. This is especially bad in freerolls and tourneys. People seem to think they have the nutz instantly when they get these hands.. Even PP's .. I hear a lot of people talking about bad beats and donks who beat them. I think a good player would realize that These hands are what they are and not go blaming someone else for their mistakes/Bad plays. End rant..
I know what you mean. I'd like to see the rules of NLHE changed to protect the "better" players. What I'm proposing is if a player makes two pair (or some other hand that beats our BIG pair) but doesn't have a PP then it doesn't beat our premium hands. Example: I have AA and raise 3X the big blind of course. If a player calls me with 7-8 sooted and we go to show down with the board showing 7-8-2-10-Q we still win. This way it protects the "good" players. SHIP!
Really does it surprise you guys when someone calls with 78 and beats these hands ?
Yes. Because any big pair is a huge favourite mathematically over it, so when they lose, it is a surprised.
I personally Hate AA KK QQ etc.. I wind up loosing with these hands more often then winning. Especially online. Where any donk with suited connectors or even unsuited connectors is going to call you to the river just to see if he gets lucky. This is especially bad in freerolls and tourneys.
I think that's highly unlikely. But also, is Doyle Brunson a donk?
People seem to think they have the nutz instantly when they get these hands.. Even PP's .. I hear a lot of people talking about bad beats and donks who beat them. I think a good player would realize that These hands are what they are and not go blaming someone else for their mistakes/Bad plays.
1) AA pre flop is the nuts.2) Um, if you get it in with the best of it and get sucked out on it is not a mistake or a bad play. 78 cracking Aces is a suck out.
You start a lot of REALLY stupid threads.Stop doing that.
hope your post makes you feel bigger as a person,.. New people are not received well around here it seems.. even when they are making jokes. Oh well cheers guess ill just go my own way. Really nice attitude mate.you do realize that there is such a thing as a private mailbox for these kinds of comments? Oh wait your a mod you know everything and are never wrong.. ok..

Bingo.********I'm just saying.Noobs (and I never use that term) shouldn't be making new threads before they realize where everything should go, and figure out the general flow of the forums.I don't want you to leave though.

hope your post makes you feel bigger as a person,.. New people are not received well around here it seems.. even when they are making jokes.
This thread is a joke? Sounds pretty serious to me.And if you're gonna get worked up about a "mean" comment on a forum, maybe you shouldn't be on forums. If you lighten up I promise you'll be well received.
You start a lot of REALLY stupid threads.Stop doing that.
he could be the next jfarrell if you let him.
This thread is a joke? Sounds pretty serious to me.And if you're gonna get worked up about a "mean" comment on a forum, maybe you shouldn't be on forums. If you lighten up I promise you'll be well received.
Agreed. This does not seem like a joke thread.
I personally Hate AA KK QQ etc.. I wind up loosing with these hands more often then winning. Especially online. Where any donk with suited connectors or even unsuited connectors is going to call you to the river just to see if he gets lucky. This is especially bad in freerolls and tourneys. People seem to think they have the nutz instantly when they get these hands.. Even PP's .. I hear a lot of people talking about bad beats and donks who beat them. I think a good player would realize that These hands are what they are and not go blaming someone else for their mistakes/Bad plays.End rant..
If this is true, you need to seriously re-evaluate your game. In around 100k hands, I've won about 92% of the time with AA, and have won probably twice as much with that starting hand than any other (I'd post my PT stats here but I'm home for the weekend on a different computer). QQ, KK, and AK are other big winners in my top 6 hands (along with 99 and JJ I believe). If you play them well, you win a large majority of the time with them and make more money with them. The only time I'm suprised when I lose with them is when I get my money in as a large favorite and get sucked out on.
If i go all in with AA and someone call with a 87 Suited with Blinds being 200 -400 and we both have twenty grand, i would be pissed. Do you make calls like those?
I know what you mean. I'd like to see the rules of NLHE changed to protect the "better" players. What I'm proposing is if a player makes two pair (or some other hand that beats our BIG pair) but doesn't have a PP then it doesn't beat our premium hands. Example: I have AA and raise 3X the big blind of course. If a player calls me with 7-8 sooted and we go to show down with the board showing 7-8-2-10-Q we still win. This way it protects the "good" players. SHIP!
That rule would ruin poker
If i go all in with AA and someone call with a 87 Suited with Blinds being 200 -400 and we both have twenty grand, i would be pissed. Do you make calls like those?That rule would ruin poker
Why the hell would you be pissed if someone called you with 87 suited here if you have AA?
  • 2 weeks later...

It sounds like you need to be playing a little higher stakes the $10 games and under will feature a lot of donk action. Even so, you should be loosing on the premium hands more than you are winning. Maybe it's just a perception that you loose more than you win on those, it just mathematically doesn't seem possible unless you were a really poor player after the flop. That's not meant to be a dig, just saying that's really the only way your could potentially be a looser more than 50% of the time with these hands. I think new players tend to misplay these hands in one of 2 ways. Either 1, they over bet the pot and scare everyone away, or 2 they slow play them and let a hand like 78s catch up. Most players at the higher stakes tables will chuck a 4 flush or open ended straight if you bet the pot or higher (on the flop of course). The proper play is almost always a raise or re-raise with AA KK QQ, depends on position and how your opponents are playing. It's rarely the right call to slow play these hands unless you are in a position that needs to be paid off.

It sounds like you need to be playing a little higher stakes the $10 games and under will feature a lot of donk action.
LOL
Most players at the higher stakes tables will chuck a 4 flush or open ended straight if you bet the pot or higher (on the flop of course).
LOL