• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

Its only one game but we have to be happy with the output..

The first period was weird..Didnt play particularly well , gave up too many PPs and still managed to be up 3-0..

I personally dont recall a team that we have had with so many offensive weapons..Just solid not only top 6 but top 9 offensive weapons.

Solid goaltending obviously will need to happen.

Its just a fun team to watch. Every shift there is a chance we will score. The last time I recall seeing that with the Leafs is Phil's first few years here..He was so good and so dangerous that he was a threat to score on every shift.

It was fun to watch a player like that until Phil lost interest and the team went off the deep end(conjecture, its up for debate sure)

Is this a playoff team? I think if the main guys stay healthy..Most definetely

Is this a team that can challenge for the division? If things go right and the rookies progress, yes a good chance.

Are we a Stanley Cup contender? Probably not YET, but the core is there and there are a couple of pieces missing like a workhorse on the back end a la Drew Doughty(cmon Drew consider it)..Unfortunately those guys dont grow on trees..

I agree with almost every word of that assessment. I dont recall a Leafs team this talented in my lifetime.

(that may also just be that I cant recall it, that it existed but I've lost my memory. lol)

Forget last night, this team is scary good. If it continues to develop, no ceiling.

We had some good teams went to conference final with Dougie. And the couple years with Mats. Is Matthews better than those guys? Too early obviously but the deep is defientely deeper than those teams.

Interesting to see what the Shanaplan is and if the oppurtiny arises do we trade a bit of future for the final few pieces.

Top 2 teams in the NHL ( based on goal differential, come on we only have 2 games to go by) face off tomorrow.

Hawks at Leafs..Dont miss it.

I know they almost lost but the Leafs made the hawks look like a bantam team tonight for really long stretches

Couldn’t agree more , however I was going to go with Peewee

Its amazing but the feeling you get when watching this team as compared to the last 2, 5 and even 10 years is just amazing.

The game last night is a perfect example..Typically the Leafs would be in that spot..Blowing a 3-1 lead late and losing in OT..It seemed like we never won in OT..

Sure there are going to be games where they just play bad, but most nights we should compete with any team...Thats not just talent but coaching is a huge part..

I still like to see us add a couple of D as we go along here..

Lets not get too excited and book any Stanley Cup parties just yet..But its fun

It’s really scary how good we are playing. Last night was a spot where a lot of teams lay down and come up flat. Back to back after a road game is a tough spot. Backup goalie in, loss wouldn’t have been that far fetched.

What do we do? Score 4 goals in 5 shots in the first. I still would like to see us tighten a bit defensively overall but this team is really good.

Scary we are first overall and some books even have us as the Stanley Cup favorites. It’s scary. I really don’t know what I would do if the Leafs won the cup.

Wow I never thought I see the day where the Leafs are the favorites to win the Cup.

While playing Blackjack in Niagara last night, all people were talking about were the Leafs.

Gambling and watching the Leafs win last night at the same time. Life is good.

I have this really strange feeling inside me that is hard to explain. Its almost like if we win the Cup its amazing but now what? We have waited our whole lives for a chance to win, then if it happens the feeling afterwards might be a bit scary..

Its hard to explain...I think the Boston Red Sox fans felt this when they first won, and the Cubbie fans last year...Its going to be a magical euphoria when it actually happens, but then its going to feel strange

I have this really strange feeling inside me that is hard to explain. Its almost like if we win the Cup its amazing but now what? We have waited our whole lives for a chance to win, then if it happens the feeling afterwards might be a bit scary..

Its hard to explain...I think the Boston Red Sox fans felt this when they first won, and the Cubbie fans last year...Its going to be a magical euphoria when it actually happens, but then its going to feel strange

Jesus Christ. You're aware of the serge jinx right???

I know the Leafs a Cup contender but we're like 6 games into the season.

Ps, win a cup and then you party like a maniac. You'll get on a plane the next day to come to Toronto. Someone will hook you up and you'll party with the cup. Then nothing will ever feel that good every again. Including subsequent cup wins. Even back to back. *sobs*