• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

So, not sure if everyone saw.

In the third period last night: Roman Polak got a 5 minute major and got kicked out. The Leafs forgot to put a player in the box to serve his penalty at the start, and the whole 5 minutes went by without a whistle, so they never got a chance to put somebody in the box. So they had to kill an additional 1:54 until they could get a whistle. I've literally never seen or heard of that happening in my life.

The dumbass anouncers didn't even make a big deal of it. I believe the comment was "It's a 5 minute major so they can't get anyone else out there until there's a whistle." I was yelling at my TV "THAT'S NOT HOW IT WORKS WHAT IS THIS", this was before I realized that they didn't have a guy in the box serving the penalty.

Yeah. You're allowed to wait to put someone in at a whistle. It's a weird rule and a weird strategy that nobody should ever use.

Like you can't put a 4th liner who doesn't kill penalties in there?

Apparently the Jackets goalie kept coming out to cancel icings so the play would continue on the power play. Lol

Yeah. You're allowed to wait to put someone in at a whistle. It's a weird rule and a weird strategy that nobody should ever use.

Like you can't put a 4th liner who doesn't kill penalties in there?

Apparently the Jackets goalie kept coming out to cancel icings so the play would continue on the power play. Lol

yeah I highly highly doubt that this was a "strategy that backfired". They just forgot to put somebody in there.

yeah I highly highly doubt that this was a "strategy that backfired". They just forgot to put somebody in there.

what I thought was interesting is that the leaf player clearly shot the puck into the bench to stop the play, which was smart. It was also clearly intentional and still could be and should be called delay of game.

what I thought was interesting is that the leaf player clearly shot the puck into the bench to stop the play, which was smart. It was also clearly intentional and still could be and should be called delay of game.

Scenario: 5-minute major with no one in the box is over, but no whistle. Player intentionally shoots it into the bench, penalty called. Do they at least get to 'finish' the major?

I thought about it and could not make Otto wear his old Leafs jersey. Luckily.National Sports is having a 30% sale. I go in at 9 am. They only have Matthews (I wanted Marner). Call a couple of stores and they also don't have any Marners

So got Otto a Large Matthews for an awesome price of $142 (taxes in). XL were sold out. A little tight on him since he is about 220

The only fans I encounter in Buffalo were rude fans.

A buddy of mine is a smoker. He was not allowed to smoke outside since New York State law states no reenter.

So he smoked in the washroom. I felt like we were in high school

I am going to make another trip to Buffalo for Monday. After leaving the rink last Saturday my buddy and I made a pledge. If the Leafs win the next 3 games we will go.

prediction:

If the Leafs finish the year with a team save percentage of .910 or higher, they will make the playoffs.

Update:

Team save percentage: .914

• Like 1

I am going to make another trip to Buffalo for Monday. After leaving the rink last Saturday my buddy and I made a pledge. If the Leafs win the next 3 games we will go.

What a game. Just got home. My ears are still ringing.

What's the best/cheapest way to get into the game on Saturday?

How cheap can I get tickets if I wait until after puck drop for scalpers, etc?

Hang out with Otto. You will get in for free.

How much were tickets in Buffalo Wayne?

For the Monday game, you could have gotten uppers for $30 USD. I got lowers for $70 USD. However you can easily sneak down since no one asked for your tickets.

Thats so cheap! Hard to believe more Leafs fans would not take advantage of that kind of pricing, good move Wayne

Thanks. A bunch of us went down for the Saturday loss. It was a blast since we enjoyed ourselves by making a day out of it.

Monday I went down with a buddy of mine. Otto could not go since it is the last week of school. Watching those 3 goals in 43 seconds was amazing. We sat at that corner 17 rows up. Saw each Leafs goal.

Even with the exchange and gas I think your still up!

I wonder if the Sabres try extra hard against the Leafs, because of all the Leafs fans in their building.

I know King Felix hated all the Jay fans in Seattle and really wanted to beat the Blue Jays even more so.

Even with the exchange and gas I think your still up!

I wonder if the Sabres try extra hard against the Leafs, because of all the Leafs fans in their building.

I know King Felix hated all the Jay fans in Seattle and really wanted to beat the Blue Jays even more so.

The experience of hearing Leaf fans when they score in Buffalo is worth the experience. It is quite loud. On Saturday I had the experience of being in the washroom when the leafs scored the 2nd goal. High fiving guys in the washroom. Ya I know

It looks like eichel really gets up for these games and he looked pretty dejected