Official Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

Good news :

The Leafs have only lost against teams from New York

Bad News:

Tonight we play another team from New York.

• Replies 24k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

Leafs win for only the 2nd time in 12 games in Buffalo.

Frattin with the winner and I can say I was only 10 rows from the ice when I saw it go in. I think I lost my voice.

Leafs win for only the 2nd time in 12 games in Buffalo.

Frattin with the winner and I can say I was only 10 rows from the ice when I saw it go in. I think I lost my voice.

How expensive were the tickets. In Toronto it would take a mortgage payment for those seats

It was a great win for the Leafs. Frattin looks really good...

If I was Jordan Leopold I would be embarrassed for my imitation of a pylon. Especially with 4 seconds left you can do everything you can there to pull him down, trip him, slash him..Penalty isnt going to make a difference there.

While we blew another lead in the third, great result..Overall very good game.

One of these days our best goal scorer might even score one or two.

How expensive were the tickets. In Toronto it would take a mortgage payment for those seats

LOL. The tickets were $85 each. Conor McDavid sat in front of us with his Dad, younger brother and a teammate.

It was a strange feeling. When the Leafs scored, the place was loud but it was of course only Leafs fans screaming. It did not hurt too that we sat on the side where there were alot of Leafs fans.

Check the 2:21 mark, my son and I walk by. After that we sat in the parking lot for 15 mins until they finally open another exit.

I honestly got goosebumps watching that video....I really hope we can have a playoff game to celebrate and bring Leafs nation and all of the GTA into one and create that buzz I so miss for the last 9 years..yes its been 9 years since we lost to Philly in the playoffs...( I was standing in line to get into the Jimmy Kimmel show in LA).

LOVE THIS

Tonight we get Ovechkin and the Capitals at home..Lets hope we get the Capitals that have been playing bad, instead of the Capitals who are SUPPOSED to be good.

Ovechkin always seems to have a good game against us..

Ryan Hamilton has been called up, he has been skating on the 4th line..

Assuming this means Tim Connolly has been banished from any opportunity to play for the Leafs this year.

While its preliminary, and also has a bazillion variables involved, I found it interesting that this 2013 NHL mock draft has Max Domi coming to the Leafs in 10 th overall.

How ridicolous would that be if Max Domi suited up for the Toronto Maple Leafs. Kind of cool..

http://www.mynhldraf...NHL-Mock-Draft/

He is 7th in the OHL in scoring currently. Unlike his dad seems to have more of a scoring touch..Should be cool to see wear he ends up

Better that they end up a certain ex-Raptor's kid

Ya thats going to take a lot of sucking and luck though..Seth Jones would look amazing in a Leaf jersey..I really like the draft year this year..Lot of high end quality talent.

Phaneuf arrested for sexual assault?

I've heard this, but not from anyone I would believe.

Wouldnt this be all over the Twitter world, let alone mainstream media?

I

Better that they end up a certain ex-Raptor's kid

LOL. I actually had a chance to meet Popeye this year. I told him "best of luck to your son". He said "thank you". I then said "your son picked the right sport". He then looked at me and we had a good laugh.

LOL. I actually had a chance to meet Popeye this year. I told him "best of luck to your son". He said "thank you". I then said "your son picked the right sport". He then looked at me and we had a good laugh.

Did he laugh like this:

Very happy with the result tonight. After dominating and not getting the pp going it got frustrating. But the boys hung tough.

Kessel not scoring is becoming comical. He had 5-6 really good chances.

Jvr is a beast. So is frattin

Go leafs go.

Yeah I need kessel to get his head out of his ass.

Its becoming comical..Dont worry , he is getting tons of chances..He will score a bunch...Boston next so, thats his nemesis..Maybe he breaks out there..

He even missed an EMPTY net chance at the end of the game..He is still loose and still happy..

Frustrating game to watch on Saturday...We could of easily won that game, the effort was pretty good against a very good Boston team , that has our number.

Reimer is playing really well, and kept us in the game Saturday..

RE KESSEL:

I dont know the problem, but at times he takes too many chances from the perimeter..Those shot dont go in..But he has had a lot of good close chances as well, that havent seem to be going in.

I think he has to play more of a rush the net type of game, he doesnt seem to do that. However all things considered he has been unlucky as well...I think its just a slump and he will eventually score in bunches.

I dont know if maybe changing things up is a good idea..It might not be bad to put Kessel with Kadri...Lot of Kessel's chances are created when he is leading the rush and trying to blow by the defense...Kadri has that ability to carry the puck and maybe that will create open space for Kessel...Frattin has benefited from this.

Staal brothers are going down.

Arp you are going down.

Hurricanes are sucky so far, so lets hope it continues.

GO LEAFS GO

Sometimes its just frustrating to watch games..I miss the lockout on some nights.

I just hope they don't make any reflex bad trades in response to the bad start.

At least the goaltending hasn't been the issue.