Official Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

Marleau would be an improvement over anyone on the Leafs roster, at center (until JVR proves himself).
Ya I like Marleau..He is consistently putting up solid numbers...He may also be perfect for 2-3 years until maybe a guy like Colborne can develop(if he can)Also we need someone that is older on this team..I just checked the Leafs oldest player is 31 years old..No team in the NHL has a "younger" oldest player..
  • Replies 24k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

Yeah, he's firmly on my "do not want" list for Buffalo, sitting right next to Rick Nash.
If what is being reported is true, Buffalo would have to trade Ennis, Vanek, Grigorenko and half of Pegula's net worth to even be in the running.When I read Skinner was being asked for as part of a package, I knew Columbus was just trying to shoot for glory.
If what is being reported is true, Buffalo would have to trade Ennis, Vanek, Grigorenko and half of Pegula's net worth to even be in the running.When I read Skinner was being asked for as part of a package, I knew Columbus was just trying to shoot for glory.
Yeah, Scott Howson is basically insane in his asking prices. It's pretty clear that he has no interest in trading Nash, just wants to look like he's trying to trade him. I wouldn't want to see Buffalo trade a 2nd round pick for him...he's not worth the cap hit and doesn't fit Buffalo's immediate need at Center.From what I understand, Buffalo isn't on Nash's acceptance list anyway, so it's all good.

Can t blame Howson..The market for Nash will soften up and he wont get anywhere what he is asking IMO.

I promised myself I wouldnt read Eklund for the 100th time..I couldnt help it.He posted Leafs are working on a trade for Getzlaf..While I would throw my personal parade if it happened, NO CHANCE>

I promised myself I wouldnt read Eklund for the 100th time..I couldnt help it.He posted Leafs are working on a trade for Getzlaf..While I would throw my personal parade if it happened, NO CHANCE>
I haven't read any of his drivel in over two years. Sometimes I give his site a clickcount and read Garth's column or John Jaeckel, but that's it.

I will say this right here. If Nash becomes a wing I will have a hard time getting into next season. I don't think he will even be close to being worth what we would have to give up. Ryan? I would be ok giving good stuff up for him but not Nash.

Howson is drunk if he thinks he's getting a guy like Skinner in a package for nash. When these kinds of trades happen, it is usually futures only involved, not young Calder trophy winners who might already be as good as the player you are trading.I'd expect nash to get a package similar to what the penguins got for Staal, except maybe swap out sutter for a blue chip prospect and one other prospect.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

given their criteria, I understand why the Leafs are in last place.

If you actually want to rank the top franchises in sport, there are other factors that need to be included, such as Tradition, history, fans-that-give-a-****, profitability etc... But, sure, I guess the phoenix Coyotes are the best franchise in the NHL, we'll go with that.

Phoenix being anywhere other than bottom five in all of sports, much less in hockey, much less number one on the list among NHL franchises automatically makes any such list a complete joke and mockery.

Phoenix being anywhere other than bottom five in all of sports, much less in hockey, much less number one on the list among NHL franchises automatically makes any such list a complete joke and mockery.

The list is basically geared to make teams in shitty markets that can't sell tickets so their prices are low be at the top and big market teams that can charge a lot and sell out will be at the bottom.

The list is basically geared to make teams in shitty markets that can't sell tickets so their prices are low be at the top and big market teams that can charge a lot and sell out will be at the bottom.

If all things being equal* I'd much rather be a fan of the Coyotes and INEC for the next few years. More success in the last 10 years, more upside with prospects, Toronto is still messed up, and there's the potential to see way more games.

The main thing going for Toronto is Leaf's Nation -- which is a huge intangible which definitely should move it out of the basement a bit.

* ie: ignoring ownership issues in Phx, and assuming that I lived just as close to the arena

Does anyone have more balls than this organization?

I was trying to paste the email, but didnt work. Here is the main part:

Dear ___________ ,

Pre-season is just around the corner, are you ready for puck-drop?

As a member of the Leafs Last Minute Club, we wanted to give you the chance to purchase the first-ever Leafs Nation 3-Game Mini Pack.

Each pack includes your choice of two (2) premium regular season home games and one (1) lower bowl pre-season home game!

Click here to get your pack now! All 3 games for as low as $305*, quantities are limited

I wonder how hard Bettman would crack down on teams if their internal communication to marketing people is don't bother trying to sell any pre-season games since there isn't going to be one.