Official Toronto Maple Leafs Thread

Wellwood scored one of the most interesting goals I have seen...then stupid quick goal by Boston...Go Leafs go
Weak fluke goal, and scored on a powerplay that was a pretty bad call by the ref in my opinion.I missed the first 3 minutes (had to poo) so I missed the Savard goal and the Bell-Lucic fight. It sounded like the fight was good and went for a while.
  • Replies 24k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• digitalmonkey

• Zach6668

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Is it a coincidence that every good team in the league follows the "fancy video game stat Geek" model of thinking? and NHL seasons aren't 68 games long, unfortunately.

I had this thought process of blasting into you, getting all mad and belligerent, and then I realized, whats the point. I don't know you, I don't really know what makes you tick, and at the end of the

I guess I'll disclaim this by saying I'm a huge Sundin fan. He's probably my favourite player of all time.   First: Nobody knows exactly what happened. The Leafs couldn't work out a trade with a pla

Posted Images

Boston vs Toronto.It's like choosing between syphillis and gonorrhea.
Keep slandering god's team...The penalties are adding up...

First game I've extensively watched Toronto. Wow. Pretty much all I can say, they played awful, just horrendous defense. I'm sure this hasn't been the case for every single one of their games but man they just were that bad, and a little too muddled when it came to the neutral zone in their possession it seemed. Otherwise I thought the best part of their game tonight was their forecheck, they had some good pressure forechecking at times.

First game I've extensively watched Toronto. Wow. Pretty much all I can say, they played awful, just horrendous defense. I'm sure this hasn't been the case for every single one of their games but man they just were that bad, and a little too muddled when it came to the neutral zone in their possession it seemed. Otherwise I thought the best part of their game tonight was their forecheck, they had some good pressure forechecking at times.
Just so you know, the NHL does NOT have the authority to arbitrarily change the ruling of the official scorer on goals or assists. If and when the HOME team requests that a goal be reviewed by the league for the purpose of changing a scoring play, this can then be done and only then. The NHL does not review scoring plays on the requests from special olympic fans..
Just so you know, the NHL does NOT have the authority to arbitrarily change the ruling of the official scorer on goals or assists. If and when the HOME team requests that a goal be reviewed by the league for the purpose of changing a scoring play, this can then be done and only then. The NHL does not review scoring plays on the requests from special olympic fans..
Well mr know it all..You are wrong and I take exception of your condescending buffoon like comment on my intellect....Maybe you , Steve Simmons and Damien Cox should get together write a nice column tomorrow about it...LEAFS FANS ARE SPECIAL OLYMPIANS

Serge why are you only person on the planet that doesn't realize how bad this Leaf team is?When after 40 games they are 15-15-10 and continue to be 3-5 pts out of 8th along with 5 other teams will you admit they are at best very mediocre?

Well mr know it all..You are wrong and I take exception of your condescending buffoon like comment on my intellect....Maybe you , Steve Simmons and Damien Cox should get together write a nice column tomorrow about it...LEAFS FANS ARE SPECIAL OLYMPIANS
That would be an insult to special olympians everywhere...
Serge why are you only person on the planet that doesn't realize how bad this Leaf team is?When after 40 games they are 15-15-10 and continue to be 3-5 pts out of 8th along with 5 other teams will you admit they are at best very mediocre?
its really ironic when you surface after Leafs losses but no comment after wins...its a common thread of closet Leafs fans

Rule 57 Goals and Assists It is the responsibility of the Official Scorer to award goals and assists, and his decision in this respect is final, notwithstanding the report of the Referee or any other game Official. The use of Video Replay to verify the proper awarding of a goal or an assist is essential. Such awards shall be made or withheld strictly in accordance with the provisions of this Rule. Therefore, it is essential that the Official Scorer be thoroughly familiar with every aspect of this Rule; be alert to observe all actions which could affect the awarding of a goal or assist; and, above all, give or withhold awards with absolute impartiality.In case of an obvious error in awarding a goal or an assist that has been announced, it should be corrected promptly, but changes will not be made in the Official Scoring Summary after the Referee has signed the Game Report.

I have proof of this not being always true...I am not 100% sure that my email changed the assist last year(its very likely though)..In any event the assist was awarded two weeks later...

I have proof of this not being always true...I am not 100% sure that my email changed the assist last year(its very likely though)..In any event the assist was awarded two weeks later...
Was the assist awarded two weeks later or was the website changed two weeks later?

well...the website in question was NHL.com and it is the official website of the league..Most cases Gruven is correct and the assists are changed usually right away or at the end of the game...NOT in this case....How could the assist be changed if it wasnt reported??Its almost like if a tree falls in the forest and noone is there to hear it , does it really make a sound???In all seriousness I dont mean to undermine and contradict the rule that Gruven brought up and I am just stating what I know to have happened last year..I will email the guy again tomorrow and ask him.

well...the website in question was NHL.com and it is the official website of the league..Most cases Gruven is correct and the assists are changed usually right away or at the end of the game...NOT in this case....How could the assist be changed if it wasnt reported??Its almost like if a tree falls in the forest and noone is there to hear it , does it really make a sound???In all seriousness I dont mean to undermine and contradict the rule that Gruven brought up and I am just stating what I know to have happened last year..I will email the guy again tomorrow and ask him.
I don't believe the game summaries posted on NHL.com are Official. Perhaps the scoring play was changed on the official gamesheet before it was signed but it was not changed on the website until you pointed it out.