A New Way To Play Poker

your straight flush get beaten by a royal flush ballon guy.Drawing hands would be worth more then made hands. If you get a flush or straight you will scoop a pot against TPTK. If you completly miss your ace high will still get the 35% of the pot since it is the next best hand. There would be some mad money getting thrown around. On a rainbow unpaired flop you would see A high calling down two other raises. Starting hand selection would need to be rethought. I think AK suited would be ranked higher then AA due to its drawing and scooping value. Can this game be played high/low or through different varients other then holdem. No limit or limit or both.I hope to find a small high/low omaha game of this soon. "Ok 35% of 50% of the pot with 2nd best 2nd best hand .... damit i forget i have to use two of my hole cards."
Now we're thinking outside the box.....I knew there would be people with vision here.Besides the people that imagine they are ballers when they still live at home I mean
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

o rly? I thought of this a while back. Can you imagine the action in this game? ACtually, I think people would whiff through bankrolls on this in a heartbeat.

Okay, I have been giving this alot of thought (15 minutes)I think I have come up with the next BIG thing in poker.I haven't come up with a good name yet, maybe CashOutPoker, or TournyCash...I'll work on that later.So basically it's a cash ring game of poker, with a twist.At the showdown, the pot is split between the best 3 hands, with 50% going to best hand, 30% going to 2nd best and 20% going to 3rd best.But the condition is that the hands must fall within one level of the standard poker hand rankings.So if I have a full house, I only have to split if you have a flush, if you have 2 pair, you are 4 levels below a full house, so you get squat. And third place only qualifies if he has a straight or better, AND the 2nd best hand qualifies.This allows the big hands to scoop pots, but keeps hands like 2 pair or TPTK calling down, hoping for a portion.If only two players make it to the end, the 2nd place hand must be within one level of rankings for a 35% of the pot. Next hand gets 65%.So a standard ring game, with a split pot, based on hand rankings, with a conditional qualifing level to allow scoops.The pots would be huge, with people chasing thinking they will get at least some of their money back. The swings would be much lower for good players. And the internet sites could reap larger rakes be virtue of people busting out less often.This post will serve as a copyright on this idea and is binding in all state including Puerto Rico and Guam. All Rights Reserved.If you own a major internet poker site and want rights to this, ship me a box of LaGloria Cubana Series R #6 or#7 to discuss terms.Tell your friends, you saw it here first!

I think this idea is pretty retarded............how about you guys play with $5000 in front of you play a whole nights worth and just chop it at the end of the night while someone kicks you in your balls because thats some pussy shit

I think this idea is pretty retarded............how about you guys play with $5000 in front of you play a whole nights worth and just chop it at the end of the night while someone kicks you in your balls because thats some
If you don't understand the genius, then at least try to understand that you don't understand
o rly? I thought of this a while back.
Dang it... I'm always late for the good ideas...La Machine...3 months late.Forman Grill..3 weeks WEEKS, I could have been a multi millionaire (oh wait :club: )
Forman Grill..3 weeks WEEKS, I could have been a multi millionaire (oh wait :club: )
I think they would of thought of it earlier just they were looking for someone reasonably famous to stick the name on the product. They actually asked hulk hogan to put his name on it before forman. Now that would be interesting to see if it was the same success as a product with a different name.
I think this idea is pretty retarded............how about you guys play with $5000 in front of you play a whole nights worth and just chop it at the end of the night while someone kicks you in your balls because thats some pussy shit
See there is still skill involved in the game. While you will get less of the actual pot when you do win, the pots will be bigger and more frequent. It is like saying that limit isnt as profitable as no limit because you cant bet as much. It would involve a different mind set.Having suited cards would increase in value because of flush's scooping ability. So saying "they were suited" wouldnt be that bad. I really need to stop thinking about this though. Seeing as I will probably not play this any time soon.
I think they would of thought of it earlier just they were looking for someone reasonably famous to stick the name on the product. They actually asked hulk hogan to put his name on it before forman. Now that would be interesting to see if it was the same success as a product with a different name.
The version of the story Hogan tells is that his agent called and left a message on the answering machine saying "Hulk, I have two products for you to endorse. Give me a call." Hogan doesn't get back to him for a couple days for whatever reason, the agent gives the grill to George Foreman. Hulk ends up with some lameass juicer that makes him a couple hundred bucks in endorsement fees, while George makes a fortune.Hulk actually has a novelty grill now that seems really good. It's just way overpriced.

I actually think this idea is really interesting to think through. It seems far too complicated to ever be a game, but I'm having fun trying to figure out some sort of strategy for it. Suited connectors seem to have insane value, but I'm trying to figure out how loose your starting hand requirements would be.

I like it. It would definitely have to be done online, but I think it would be awesome.So say 2 people have a flush... the highest flush gets the most, the second flush gets a chunk and 3rd only gets something if he has a straight? I think most of the nay-sayers are missing the fact that 3rd has to qualify.So if the highest hand is a pair... what happens? No split? Say you have 3 of a kind, 2 pair, and a pair... what's the split? I would say none, or maybe top 2. 3rd must make 2 pair to qualify at all.More later....

Sounds like a lot of work.The dealer needs to get a % of the pot for doing all the work of splitting the pot into different percentages all game long. There would be a 5 minute intermission between each hand to split the pot unless the dealer had a Bachelor's in mathematics of it is played online. BOOYAYA

Sounds like a lot of work.The dealer needs to get a % of the pot for doing all the work of splitting the pot into different percentages all game long. There would be a 5 minute intermission between each hand to split the pot unless the dealer had a Bachelor's in mathematics of it is played online. BOOYAYA
It would have to be online only. The only reason to play it live would be for testing.

Since we're already in "online only" thinking, and on the fly mathematics is no obstacle, let's really go nuts. How about this. Instead of awarding the pot to the 3 best hands (what happens in a short-handed game anyway?), how about we give some money back to everybody! Calculate a weighted average of your pot equity on each street, and use that to fraction the pot so that everyone gets something back based on how good or bad the money went in. You can even lose the hand, but take the biggest share of the pot if your equity was way ahead on earlier streets. Of course we can tweak the weighting to mitigate or exaggerate this effect.I can only see two flaws in this. For one, tournaments would be mathematically impossible since everyone always wins a little somethin-somethin. As time approaches infinity, the short stack should approach 0, but never quite get there. Of course we could define some quantum of chips, and such, but we'd have to be carefull of rounding to preserve the zero-sumness of the game. The other flaw is that Hellmuth would win every hand. Brilliant? Idiotic? Savantian?

Hi-lo version:OK, A gets half of the 65% that goes to the winner for high, B gets 1/2 of the half of the 65% for splitting low, C gets the other 1/2 of the half of the 65% for splitting low. Then B gets 1/3 of one half of the 35% for a three-way split on the second-best low, whereas D gets 1/2 of the 35% of the high for second place low. Then......Ah, screw it, everyone just take your money back. Let's play Go Fish.

I like the idea it reminds me a little of a horse race with money being paid out for Win, Place and Show. Could this be the name of the game?Win - Place - ShowI think I'll try this at my next home game. Its less goofy than some of the stupid games we play.

Anyway, Now that I've had this idea for more than 24 hours, I think it's time to spend the money I'm going to make.I figure I'll sell this to Fulltilt or Poker Mountain for about $6 million ( too little?)So after life time cigars, taxes, and taking a much needed vacation. I will have about $1.75 million left.Should I:A. Stake eveyone here for a $50 buy in?B. Stake only the charter members for a $500 buy in?C. Stake all the people that said nice things about this for a $10,000 buy in?D. Laugh at the suckers still on FCP trying to grind out a winning year on my way to the bank to collect my interest checks?It's hard to be rich. Trust me

Anyway, Now that I've had this idea for more than 24 hours, I think it's time to spend the money I'm going to make.I figure I'll sell this to Fulltilt or Poker Mountain for about $6 million ( too little?)So after life time cigars, taxes, and taking a much needed vacation. I will have about $1.75 million left.Should I:A. Stake eveyone here for a $50 buy in?B. Stake only the charter members for a $500 buy in?C. Stake all the people that said nice things about this for a $10,000 buy in?D. Laugh at the suckers still on FCP trying to grind out a winning year on my way to the bank to collect my interest checks?It's hard to be rich. Trust me
I like a hybrid of A and B - stake the regular members for $500 and the charter members for $50.And there's a guy who posted a long thread about needing a stake in another thread. I forget his name but you should probably send him a couple of bucks because there was some sage poker advice in there.
E. Announce that you will stake exactly 100 FCPers for $17,500 each, then sit back, light up a cigar and watch the ass-kissing and groveling begin. Two weeks later, announce that you have narrowed the list down to some random list of 102 FCP members but you still can't decide which two names to remove, and then say that the decision will be deferred for a week. Make a post once a week saying that you are still undecided about including <insert two random FCP names here>, and so your decision will be deferred for another week. Make side wagers amongst your wealthy friends about how long the ass-kissing will last before the entire FCP community gives up hope on the instant bankroll and goes back to grinding it out on the one cent/two cent tables.After everything dies down, wait one year, and then bump your thread and see if the ass-kissing starts up again. Meanwhile, give it all to Merby :club:
One thing is missing from your post Merby - when do I start kissing YOUR ass to get the money that BalloonGuy is going to give you?
Gentlemen, and Ladies.....this is meta-game thinking.Learn it