A New Way To Play Poker

Okay, I have been giving this alot of thought (15 minutes)I think I have come up with the next BIG thing in poker.I haven't come up with a good name yet, maybe CashOutPoker, or TournyCash...I'll work on that later.So basically it's a cash ring game of poker, with a twist.At the showdown, the pot is split between the best 3 hands, with 50% going to best hand, 30% going to 2nd best and 20% going to 3rd best.But the condition is that the hands must fall within one level of the standard poker hand rankings.So if I have a full house, I only have to split if you have a flush, if you have 2 pair, you are 4 levels below a full house, so you get squat. And third place only qualifies if he has a straight or better, AND the 2nd best hand qualifies.This allows the big hands to scoop pots, but keeps hands like 2 pair or TPTK calling down, hoping for a portion.If only two players make it to the end, the 2nd place hand must be within one level of rankings for a 35% of the pot. Next hand gets 65%.So a standard ring game, with a split pot, based on hand rankings, with a conditional qualifing level to allow scoops.The pots would be huge, with people chasing thinking they will get at least some of their money back. The swings would be much lower for good players. And the internet sites could reap larger rakes be virtue of people busting out less often.This post will serve as a copyright on this idea and is binding in all state including Puerto Rico and Guam. All Rights Reserved.If you own a major internet poker site and want rights to this, ship me a box of LaGloria Cubana Series R #6 or#7 to discuss terms.Tell your friends, you saw it here first!

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What a GREAT idea....wish I would have thought of it.I'm going to TELL MY FRIENDS about it.You are going to be rich erSome people will regret not seeing this for the genius level idea that it is

sounds okay, but people would get confused all the time.........
I figure you will need to have a hand ranking chart next to the table, and a highlighter will display the winning hand, and then a different shade will show the 2nd place hand, and 3rd. This way there is no way to not understand whether or not you qualified.Only the internet can handle the splits in a reasonable amount of time.
I agree considering a lot of people get confused just playing regular NLHE.
Haven't you people seen the incredible rise of Badugi?Let's see, play regular poker, and if you have the 2nd best hand you get money back......Nope, I think the learning curve is average.
Something about winning only half the size of the pot with the nuts doesn't blow my skirt up :club:
Think less...why I win less, and instead think, why I can get more really bad playes to stay in pots longer.See?I think you will see many people not qualifying for their share, and allowing scoops more often.
I agree considering a lot of people get confused just playing regular NLHE.
I see a PrtyPSux thread in the future of this game. (Think about Royal Hold-em!)I like the idea. I would like to play it some to see just how it works out. Have you tried it with a home game yet?

your straight flush get beaten by a royal flush ballon guy.Drawing hands would be worth more then made hands. If you get a flush or straight you will scoop a pot against TPTK. If you completly miss your ace high will still get the 35% of the pot since it is the next best hand. There would be some mad money getting thrown around. On a rainbow unpaired flop you would see A high calling down two other raises. Starting hand selection would need to be rethought. I think AK suited would be ranked higher then AA due to its drawing and scooping value. Can this game be played high/low or through different varients other then holdem. No limit or limit or both.I hope to find a small high/low omaha game of this soon. "Ok 35% of 50% of the pot with 2nd best 2nd best hand .... damit i forget i have to use two of my hole cards."