World Cup Of Poker

• Replies 317
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They are going to have fun cutting this for TV, they might actually find a couple of hands worth including. If DN doesn't destroy his heat tomorrow with all the soft play thats been on today I'll be super surprised.

This format is a snoozer. I'm sure once the teams get some points it'll open up a little bit, but right now it's the nittiest poker ever.ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ

The only thing Otto really did "wrong" was fold the 2-4 off suit in the big blind when he had 1200 of his 2000 left in the big blind. In fact, our goal with him was exactly a 5th place finish and then he was "supposed" to gamble from that point on but didn't. Many of you guys are missing the point of the format. Nitty play is the way to go in this thing because all that matters is qualifying in the top four. 6th's, 7th's, and 8th's are death in terms of points. At the moment we are sitting pretty with 20 points after two heats, trailing only Romania with 21. I figure 35 points should be enough to lock up a spot in the final, where it won't matter if your team was 1st or 4th. I would recommend a few changes to next year's structure for sure, but understand that the style of play you are watching isn't far off from optimal. Otto's fold of AK was AUTOMATIC.

Standings after two heats:Romania 21 (yeah!)Canada 20 (yeah!)Iceland 16Ireland 14Germany 12Portugal 10USA 9Mexico 6 Right now we have an 8 point cushion on Germany. Staying ahead of the bottom four teams is imperative. As for the style of play, again, playing sloppy, silly, and aggressive and defending against short stacks with marginal hands is.. well... FOOLISH!!! You never have a ton of chips so avoiding conflict is key, not "looking cool" or robbing lots of hands. That's BAD poker under the following format. Teams like Mexico and USA have dug a hole for themselves and will now need some big results to qualify.