That's like saying no one in this era of golf is a top player because tiger destroys everyone else. Nadal is a great player, there really isn't any doubt about it. He's young, he's talented, and he's already #2 in the world ATP rankings, being second to what is probably the best tennis player ever. He's getting better every year. He may not be #1 soon, and maybe no one else will be as long as federer is still healthy and in his prime. But to say he is a joke, or not a great player, simply because he hasn't eclipsed the #1 spot yet is just silly.
The key word is "Comparatively." Comparing him to Federer is a joke.Oh, and of the 11 wins Nadal has over Federer, 9 of them are on Clay and Nadal has NEVER beaten Federer in a Major finals match off of clay, which is his Achilles heel to ever being considered for the #1 spot. His only hard or grass wins over Federer are an upset in the round of 32 in Miami in 2004, and the Finals of the Dubai classic in 2006.It just irks me when people say he dominates Federer just because he beats him on Clay. He just doesn't hold a candle to the man.As for Golf, no one but Tiger deserves a mention for the PGA Hall of Fame while Tiger breathes. Seriously. Not Michelson, not anyone. When you play in a sport at the same time as the best player to ever play that sport, you really don't deserve a lot of remembrance. After Federer retires or starts to lose his touch with age, Nadal will have to still be able to obtain the #1 rank (Federer plans on playing into his late 30's, and says he thinks he capable of winning Wimbledon for the next 5-10 years), which Nadal will then be in his 30's. I hope he can do it, but its sketchy.
  • Replies 13.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

The key word is "Comparatively." Comparing him to Federer is a joke.Oh, and of the 11 wins Nadal has over Federer, 9 of them are on Clay and Nadal has NEVER beaten Federer in a Major finals match off of clay, which is his Achilles heel to ever being considered for the #1 spot. His only hard or grass wins over Federer are an upset in the round of 32 in Miami in 2004, and the Finals of the Dubai classic in 2006.It just irks me when people say he dominates Federer just because he beats him on Clay. He just doesn't hold a candle to the man.As for Golf, no one but Tiger deserves a mention for the PGA Hall of Fame while Tiger breathes. Seriously. Not Michelson, not anyone. When you play in a sport at the same time as the best player to ever play that sport, you really don't deserve a lot of remembrance.
I'm not arguing that he deserves to be #1. What I'm arguing is that he is young and super-talented, and may someday become greater than federer (however far down the line). He certainly isn't getting any worse at this point in his career. I agree that federer is top of the world, and deserves #1. All I'm saying is that, if there exists a player who will at some point become #1 while Federer is still around, it's Nadal, AINEC.
http://www.atptennis.com/3/en/players/head...p;player2=NadalClay:9:1 NadalHard:3:2 FedererGrass:2:0 Federer
Take a look at the scores though. Only one of those wins by federer is what I would call a dominating victory:2007 Tennis Masters CupChina Hard S Federer 6-4 6-1 I guess you could argue that 7-5, 6-4 is a good win, but Nadal consistently gives Federer a challenge. Something not many other top players can say.

Obviously Federer is the king of grass. Obviously Nadal is the king of clay. Hard (3:2) is close, but I'll agree that Federer has an edge with his basically flawless all around tennis game. To say that in comparison though, Nadal is a joke.. How?

.The winter before this most recent one, I watched every match Federer played in the Australian Open (where he beat Bagdatis in the Finals) while I was on vacation. I've seriously never seen anything like it before.Comparatively, he is a joke. And I don't know too many Tennis players that you can seriously consider greatest of all time when they cannot break out of the #2 ranking in their entire career.
No, just no.And who ever said anything about him being the greatest tennis player of all time??
As for Golf, no one but Tiger deserves a mention for the PGA Hall of Fame while Tiger breathes. Seriously. Not Michelson, not anyone. When you play in a sport at the same time as the best player to ever play that sport, you really don't deserve a lot of remembrance. After Federer retires or starts to lose his touch with age, Nadal will have to still be able to obtain the #1 rank (Federer plans on playing into his late 30's, and says he thinks he capable of winning Wimbledon for the next 5-10 years), which Nadal will then be in his 30's. I hope he can do it, but its sketchy.
This is pretty stupid imo. Greatness can still exist in 2nd place. Golfers play for 20+ years on the tour regularly. You're saying that for Tiger's 20 or 30 or 40 years or whatever where he's dominating the PGA tour, that he just erases everyone else's career becuase nobody is as good as him? That's insane.In basketball, Patrick Ewing, David Robinson (until Duncan came along/Jordan retired) and Karl Malone never won NBA rings because nobody could beat Micheal ****ing Jordan. Nobody was good enough. In the grand scheme of things, these players were the most elite of the players and could take over a game, but they couldn't beat Jordan. Does history think less of them for not being able to do so? Of course it does because they never won the championship. Does it make them any less of a great basketball player worthy of the hall of fame? Absolutely not.It's the same with Nadal/Federer. Yeah, Nadal will almost certainly never be regarded as a better player than Federer, even if he's unbeatable on clay, but just because he was 2nd best for his whole career can't mean that he wouldn't be the 2nd best tennis player in history. This is an exaggerated example, but obviously if you're the 2nd best ever at something and your career overlaps with the best player ever, you'll never be on top because of bad timing.I think saying that Nadal is comparatively a joke to Federer is rather extreme. It's not like he gets destroyed when he plays him, he's just not as good as Federer, but nobody is and that's the point. Nadal is obviously closer to being in his league than any other tennis player at this time.
In other news I have a grade two quad strain from playing tennis this evening. I was basically just getting warmed up and my quad suddenly tightened up in the middle of a point, and before I realized whats going on my quad "released" and it felt like someone shot me in the leg, no exercise or running around for two weeks :ts WEAK SAUCE!
haha, you were only on the court for like 5 minutes too - hell, I at least played an entire game and I haven't played tennis in about a decade and as you know, generally don't exercise at all.good times though :club:
a profit is a profit :club:
True that. Though a loss can get a bit worse, as Matt basically had to pay a whole buyin worth of rake.Oh, and before Acid comes in here complaining, I'd like to state for the record I ran 2 buyins under EV.
a profit is a profit :club:
I paid the $36 in rake for the 550 hands we played. That game is not very beatable because of the rake.
True that. Though a loss can get a bit worse, as Matt basically had to pay a whole buyin worth of rake.Oh, and before Acid comes in here complaining, I'd like to state for the record I ran 2 buyins under EV.
No complaining. There were a few LOL hands though.

So Naismiths timing coulda been a little bit better but we’ll try to make this work anyways. People here at FCP have always seemed to be very charitable. My fiancé, Kristen, is planning to run the Disneyland Marathon as part of The Leukemia & Lymphoma Society's (LLS) Team In Training. In support of her friends mother who recently passed away from cancer. She is attempting to raise $2,800 for the cause. Here are some reasons you should donate to the cause: 1. You consider yourself a good person 2. Tax write off 3. She will actually be running the event (opposed to Jay’s friends‘ 3day WALK) 4. If they want, I will spend at least an hour and coach in HU or 6max nlhe to anyone who donates In all honesty, I am glad to see Jay’s friend do this as well, as obviously it is the cause that is most important here. Some of you guys met Kristen while in Vegas, and it really means a lot to both of us for your help. Thanks a lot guys. For more information: http://pages.teamintraining.org/sj/disneyh08/kcostello

If you donate to my friend, you won't have to get coaching from Cwik. :)I'll ship her some money just because you finally called her your fiance.

Random plug:Firefly is cheap at Amazon now.+EV

Random plug:Firefly is cheap at Amazon now.+EV
The first person that agrees to buy and watch this awesome show (that has never seen it), I will compensate you the 17 dollars on AP.
The first person that agrees to buy and watch this awesome show (that has never seen it), I will compensate you the 17 dollars on AP.
in.
Show me the receipt and 17 dollars is headed your way!
Wouldn't it be easier to have the DVD shipped to his house?
Wouldn't it be easier to have the DVD shipped to his house?
No, I want him to have to take it on AP. Haha.
Show me the receipt and 17 dollars is headed your way!
I was most kidding here. A friend of mine likes the show a lot and I think has the DVD's so I oculd borrow em any time already. I also have a list of like a dozen shows I am working on getting through already. sooo, if anyone actually would use this offer, Jay's money would be better spent on them.