Steve7stud Training Program

The above is basically how I feel about his whole thing. Stevo capitalizing on JC's initial success, spam here to get students and like zimmer saids Steve makes it sounds like it's free at first. Why is he not tutoring low limit players with small bankrolls? It's because they can't pay. I don't mind him charging for a service but it's just shady the way he goes about it. Since one of his students came out of silence, I might as well go over my own experience with him. He saids he likes my email and wants to talk on MSN. I'm excited and he starts to ask me some questions. What limits do you play? What's your bankroll? What do you do for a living? Now, I tell him that I have a 8k bankroll and that I'm a dentist. Then all of a sudden, he springs up the 3k on me. I guess he figured out I could afford his training. Part of it is my fault thinking that it would have been free. It's like getting a free trip not expecting someone to sell you timeshare.
what do they call someone who fails out of med school............jkjkjkjkjkjkjk
  • Replies 502
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

isn't it always posted in these threads that Steve charges for his training?Why isn't he bothering to tutor lower limit players?1) they need to focus on learning the basics, that's not what steve's there for.2) personally, if I were him, I'd be charging a lot more to coach. Imagine listening to 50 bad beats from 6 different players at a time? Being friends w/zach6668 made me realize why I charge $100/hr minimum for coaching.

Initially, it seemed more like charity than a business, but from reading Steve's posts I think he is a genuinely nice guy with decent intentions, he's just running a business. This is a business, make no mistake, so anytime you deal with a business you incurr certain risks. All you can do is look at former customers of this business, read their testimonials and make an intelligent decision. Steve is not Mother Theresa and he's not the Devil. He is a CEO. Gl to all who decide to go with him.

Do you honestly believe this is what is going on? It does not seem like that to me. And I respect that you did not get value out of the training, not everyone is going to and I am not even applying for this. I have not paid for coaching in my profession because I do not see the value in it, some people need to pay people to tell them what to do when they are self employed and this sounds like it may be a little of that.
Do you honestly believe this is what is going on? It does not seem like that to me. And I respect that you did not get value out of the training, not everyone is going to and I am not even applying for this. I have not paid for coaching in my profession because I do not see the value in it, some people need to pay people to tell them what to do when they are self employed and this sounds like it may be a little of that.
meh.. not necessarily the FULL bait and switch.. but I def think the way he ropes people in during the beginning and then slams the book with the cost is def shady.
hahaha i just spit water onto my keyboard
God I hate when I don't know why something is funny. I want to spit water on my keyboard too. Please explain for the humor challenged kthx.Mark
Initially, it seemed more like charity than a business, but from reading Steve's posts I think he is a genuinely nice guy with decent intentions, he's just running a business. This is a business, make no mistake, so anytime you deal with a business you incurr certain risks. All you can do is look at former customers of this business, read their testimonials and make an intelligent decision. Steve is not Mother Theresa and he's not the Devil. He is a CEO. Gl to all who decide to go with him.
You know what, it does not seems like he does it for a business, seems like he does it because he enjoys it. If he is playing say 100-200 he will win or lose more in one session than the 18k for 6months of his time for 6 people. I think the money is a. to sorta pay for his time and b. to make the participants take it serous and have some stake in what they are doing.
God I hate when I don't know why something is funny. I want to spit water on my keyboard too. Please explain for the humor challenged kthx.Mark
Hate to thread hijack. But yeah, watch the movie "Team America". They portray Matt Damon as a useless celebrity whose only words throughout the entire movie is him screaming "MATT DAMON" in a retarded fashion.
You know what, it does not seems like he does it for a business, seems like he does it because he enjoys it. If he is playing say 100-200 he will win or lose more in one session than the 18k for 6months of his time for 6 people. I think the money is a. to sorta pay for his time and b. to make the participants take it serous and have some stake in what they are doing.
Fair enough

I just want to clarify that Steve isn't "tricking" or "conning" anyone into doing anything. I had applied to be one of his students before, and we talked for a couple hours one night on msn. He didn't sugarcoat anything or hide the fact that it wasn't free. He told me the price was $3000, and I said I'd have to think about it. In no way whatsoever did Steve pressure me into doing it, and he told me straight up that his program wasn't for everyone. At the time I had just quit my job to play poker full time, and my bankroll was only about $20,000. I decided that $3000 was too much risk for me at that time, and that I would consider training with him down the road when I had more of a roll to work with and if he was taking on more students. Steve was very understanding, and not worried at all about "losing" the 3K I would have paid for training. Also, part of the reason I didn't take the training was because I was a tourney donk and not ready to explore/expand my options in other games. A bit down the road, I noticed Jamie (checkymcfold) was taking on students, and I discussed things with him. At this point my roll was a bit higher, and he charged less than Steve, and I was ready to start learning more games. I have met Steve and he is a genuinely nice guy. I'm 100% confident that he isn't doing this for the money, but that the money is to both insure that you aren't going to waste his time, and to cover him for the time he spends away from the tables where he could be making more money. Plus like he said, he loves to teach. If I hadn't already been in a training program and didn't feel super confident about my game, I would definately consider training with Steve.

Hate to thread hijack. But yeah, watch the movie "Team America". They portray Matt Damon as a useless celebrity whose only words throughout the entire movie is him screaming "MATT DAMON" in a retarded fashion.
Ahh, I haven't seen it. I will have to check it out.MATT DAMON!Mark

Meh, the only beef I have with this whole thing is Steve seeming to kind of take credit for JC's accomplishments. JC went from low limit/reasonably unsuccessful player to an extremely strong player who is a big winner and he himself should get all the credit for that. Virtually all of JC's success has come from MTT's and Steve himself admits that teaching MTT's is not his forte. I'm cool with using all the testimonials from players who feel like they did get a lot from the program, but I do not think JC's success should be used as a marketing tool.

meh.. not necessarily the FULL bait and switch.. but I def think the way he ropes people in during the beginning and then slams the book with the cost is def shady.
Do you mind me asking how old you are?And to Drawing dead, I hope that a lively discussion does not stop Steve from helping people. Not everyone is always going to be satisfied with every service.Even when FWP gets a hooker, I'm sure he isn't satified everytime.
Meh, the only beef I have with this whole thing is Steve seeming to kind of take credit for JC's accomplishments. JC went from low limit/reasonably unsuccessful player to an extremely strong player who is a big winner and he himself should get all the credit for that. Virtually all of JC's success has come from MTT's and Steve himself admits that teaching MTT's is not his forte. I'm cool with using all the testimonials from players who feel like they did get a lot from the program, but I do not think JC's success should be used as a marketing tool.
I could be wrong, but I think JC gave Steve a lot of credit. As far as the MTT thing, I believe some people are naturally better MTT players than cash game players, and vice versa, but if you teach someone with MTT skills how to play cash games, they can apply cash game (deep stack) theory to MTT's and still know when they have to make moves deeper in tourneys. But with extra knowledge of how to play the game, they'll just become better. (I worded this really really bad, but I suck at english, hopefully people get what I mean)
Do you mind me asking how old you are?And to Drawing dead, I hope that a lively discussion does not stop Steve from helping people. Not everyone is always going to be satisfied with every service.Even when FWP gets a hooker, I'm sure he isn't satified everytime.