• Replies 843
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

my "king of 1bb" mantra has done wonders for my attitude immediately after someone sucks out on the river. i just giggle to myself, knowing i can go from cripple to shipple in no time.

This was just so wacky. This is a Tier One token qualifier game on Full Tilt, so the way it works is top 5 gets $26 tokens, 6th gets $14 cash. We're at the final table with 8 left, so its essentially a game of survival.... and then, in one hand, its all over:Full Tilt Poker Game #6845787825: Tier One $8+$0.70 (Turbo) (52029892), Table 2 - 250/500 - No Limit Hold'em - 5:23:09 ET - 2008/06/16Seat 1: BrewMaster Mark (3,720)Seat 3: JMB888 (5,115)Seat 4: Pokerbot1983 (1,530)Seat 5: jroll7 (3,535)Seat 6: bigox555 (1,795)Seat 7: Prestige27 (2,125)Seat 8: Acidrain77 (2,685)Seat 9: vbnautilus (6,495)Pokerbot1983 posts the small blind of 250jroll7 posts the big blind of 500The button is in seat #3*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to vbnautilus [8s 4s]bigox555 has 15 seconds left to actbigox555 raises to 1,795, and is all inPrestige27 foldsAcidrain77 raises to 2,685, and is all invbnautilus foldsBrewMaster Mark foldsJMB888 foldsPokerbot1983 calls 1,280, and is all injroll7 calls 2,185Acidrain77 shows [Ah Js]Pokerbot1983 shows [2c 2s]jroll7 shows [Ac Ad]bigox555 shows [7s 7h]*** FLOP *** [8d 8c 9h]*** TURN *** [8d 8c 9h] [Td]*** RIVER *** [8d 8c 9h Td] [Ts]Acidrain77 shows two pair, Tens and Eightsjroll7 shows two pair, Aces and Tensjroll7 wins side pot #2 (1,780) with two pair, Aces and Tensbigox555 shows two pair, Tens and Eightsjroll7 wins side pot #1 (795) with two pair, Aces and TensPokerbot1983 shows two pair, Tens and Eightsjroll7 wins the main pot (6,120) with two pair, Aces and TensPokerbot1983 stands upbigox555 stands upAcidrain77 stands upjroll7 stands upvbnautilus stands upBrewMaster Mark stands upPrestige27 stands upJMB888 stands up*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 8,695 Main pot 6,120. Side pot 1 795. Side pot 2 1,780. | Rake 0Board: [8d 8c 9h Td Ts]Seat 1: BrewMaster Mark didn't bet (folded)Seat 3: JMB888 (button) didn't bet (folded)Seat 4: Pokerbot1983 (small blind) showed [2c 2s] and lost with two pair, Tens and EightsSeat 5: jroll7 (big blind) showed [Ac Ad] and won (8,695) with two pair, Aces and TensSeat 6: bigox555 showed [7s 7h] and lost with two pair, Tens and EightsSeat 7: Prestige27 didn't bet (folded)Seat 8: Acidrain77 showed [Ah Js] and lost with two pair, Tens and EightsSeat 9: vbnautilus didn't bet (folded)3 eliminated in one hand!?! The AA holds and he's the largest stack?! WTF!

Just did something similarFlopped a set of 9's in a 9 man $12 turbo and got 3 other people to go all in.Went from 5 players to 2 in 1 fell swoop.These single table turbos are hellish variance. Had a $250 downer over 60 games or so but on the way back up this morning. I need to read up more on bubble play, I feel I should be making more calls than I am. All that ICM stuff looks dull to learn but I guess I'd better get round to it to maximise my edge.*sits down and watches all the sheets SnG videos*Anyway it's happy hour now, I'd be losing out if I wasn't playing.edit - thanks for the birthday wishes. I'm absolutely knackered/hungover so just crawled out of bed to play poker all day

I can't find the HHBut I just had 250 chips @ 120/240, on the button. I pick up the mighty 76 suited, raise my last 10 chips on top of the BB, and the BB folds.I go on to win the tournament

So as some of you know, I've been doing really well on the cash tables the last 4 weeks and ended up cashing about 1/2 of (fairly bloated) bankroll out over the span of the last week or so. Got some presents for mom's bday, daughters bday, fathers day.. and ummm girlfriend's Fiance's Birthday.Yeah, I bought a ring. :club: Good stuff, I feel good.

So as some of you know, I've been doing really well on the cash tables the last 4 weeks and ended up cashing about 1/2 of (fairly bloated) bankroll out over the span of the last week or so. Got some presents for mom's bday, daughters bday, fathers day.. and ummm girlfriend's Fiance's Birthday.Yeah, I bought a ring. :club: Good stuff, I feel good.
whoah. congratulations!! was it this ring?one-ring.jpg

Wow Cappy, congrats man!!!!As one recently married I can tell you that the engagement phase was one of the greatest times in our relationship. Enjoy it!!!Can't wait to see the rest of that anim Q!!!

Whoa, whoa... Just hold on for a second.So I come in here, leave some flowers, then go away for two months, and when I come back I find this???

"Dat was erg jammer.... Ik haat die 5$ turbo's .... Das voor de luckboxen !It would appear so.
lol.. My 4 years of german translate this loosely to "This supplied me misery. I hate the 5 buck turbos.. it forwards the luckboxing."He's either a fairly poor speller, or I'm just not up on slang.
i don't speak german, so he could be wishing me best of luck. vbnautilus ran that line through a translator somewhere & the last part came back something like "muffler for the luckboxen". he wouldn't give out mufflers to people he truly hates. i've been eagerly checking the mail all week.
Problem is "vor" is "forward", "voor" is likely slang i'm not current on or just his bad spelling.. Ich hasst (i refuse to use alt-keys) is preferred over Ik haat, also.oh, and that hand made me chuckle. :club:
This "slang", my friends, is what we like to call Dutch. So after all the weeks and weeks of anticipation, let me provide you with the real translation:"That's really too bad... I hate those $5 turbo's... They're for luckboxes!"For the rest...(1) Good to see this happy thread is so alive!(2) Congratulations, Cappy!OK, you all may proceed now. :-)
nice job, folks. ahi, vb, and i went 1-2-3 in one skip, and ahi won another. we're approaching critical post-count mass here.
We must be. The skipaments domination, my FT just now coupled with a couple of decent scores earlier suggest so

that was very well done, highway. you should have been heads up, not out in 3rd.(pssst... my next animation is being put to music, then it'll be ready for the grand launch....)

nothing to report. tweaked some of the animation while waiting for the soundtrack. bluffs didn't work, good cards didn't work, ss has me back as 'tilt'. so pretty much status quo. not even hitting good cards in solitaire, should have known that was a sign.i'd post a hand where i doubled after raising to 333 with AA at 25/50, but i've been told it is a bad play. so i won't.

PokerStars Game #18323558937: Tournament #93081413, $7.00+$0.50 Hold'em No Limit - Level V (75/150) - 2008/06/23 - 03:07:41 (ET)Table '93081413 1' 9-max Seat #4 is the buttonSeat 3: qyayqi (3221 in chips) Seat 4: zamiyad (2539 in chips) Seat 5: Sweeney97 (3090 in chips) Seat 6: tchiboole (2563 in chips) Seat 7: finga72 (2087 in chips) Sweeney97: posts small blind 75tchiboole: posts big blind 150*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to qyayqi [Qd Ah]finga72: folds qyayqi: raises 255 to 405zamiyad: calls 405Sweeney97: folds tchiboole: folds *** FLOP *** [6c Ks 8c]qyayqi: checks zamiyad: checks *** TURN *** [6c Ks 8c] [2d]qyayqi: bets 750zamiyad: calls 750*** RIVER *** [6c Ks 8c 2d] [7s]qyayqi: checks zamiyad: bets 600qyayqi: SNAPcalls 600*** SHOW DOWN ***zamiyad: shows [Qc Jc] (high card King)qyayqi: shows [Qd Ah] (high card Ace)qyayqi collected 3735 from pot*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 3735 | Rake 0 Board [6c Ks 8c 2d 7s]Seat 3: qyayqi showed [Qd Ah] and won (3735) with high card AceSeat 4: zamiyad (button) showed [Qc Jc] and lost with high card KingSeat 5: Sweeney97 (small blind) folded before FlopSeat 6: tchiboole (big blind) folded before FlopSeat 7: finga72 folded before Flop (didn't bet)EDIT: and on to step 2.

Announcements