It is a bit too Laggy for me but that's the beauty of PLO , isn't it? Any stats between 50 and 10 can be profitable.But as i said you seem to be too loose if you ask me. I am 25/8. Simo appears to be the most loose aggro among us and even he is 28/12 in my DB.I personally don't think you lose much value by being tight preflop in PLO but if you can play 34/14 profitably , there is no reason to not to.
Meh, when I was playing regularly I was at about 30/20 for like 25k hands. You'll have quite a lot of hands on me from early on when I was a lot more tight passive. I do go through phases.
  • Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Meh, when I was playing regularly I was at about 30/20 for like 25k hands. You'll have quite a lot of hands on me from early on when I was a lot more tight passive. I do go through phases.
ok but this isn't about you :club:

I agree and also notice that I play a bit looser than I'd like. I find that my biggest losers over the first 1kish hands are hands like AKJx or QK10x, or broadway type hands. Hopefully in the next few thousand hands I can tighten up a bit.

I was going to say he looked too passive preflop, and that was probably the only real mistake. You usually want to be raising at least half of your hands preflop in 6-max. As for playing 25/8, it's OK for FR, but it's pretty TAP (especially passive) for 6-max.Here are my 6-max stats for June FWIW: (Time period obviously cherry-picked to make my winrate look more impressive.)ptstats.jpg

I was going to say he looked too passive preflop, and that was probably the only real mistake.
I think part of the reason my PFR is too low is because I'm not comfortable with my 3bet calling range. I'd rather limpcall hands that are borderline raisable. Pots get so incredibly bloated preflop when you have a 3bet and two or three callers. When I play hands like QQ/KK/AAxx (discounting AAQJ, AAds type hands) from early position, I can't find a good reason to bloat the pot preflop esp. if I'm most likely not going to make the nuts. Hence, the low PFR.

Kind of a nitpick, but it tilts me when people talk about "early position" when they're playing 6-max. Uh, there is no early position. The first two positions to act are 2 and 3 OTB. Also, I don't really get what's wrong with "bloating the pot" either. If you've got a hand that plays bad against AA, and there's a shortish stack that has AA, well yeah that's bad. Otherwise, it's no problem though. With weak AA type hands, you should be dying to "bloat the pot".FWIW, I wouldn't recommend trying to play 36/24 exactly, that's a little tough. I tend to 3-bet a lot myself in marginal situations and raise a lot from the blinds. Something like 32/18 would be standard for playing a good aggressive game though.

Haha, afte3r you left yesterday, bundy, I lost two big pots to essentially breakeven for the day. Some guy called three streets with KKxx on a 9d10d6c4s3c board, when I obviously had AdQdJs10c.

DoesNotCompute.
Yeah, posted the wrong hand I think. Basically, it was a guy checking down four of a kind all 3 streets. Also, the converter messes up omaha hands a lot in my experience.

use the "nieldwuhrst" (or whatever) one - it's much better imo there's links in most of the converted posts - you have to register, but it's free.Also, pokerhand.org is handy for shipping hands back and forth between friends - it posts your hand then gives you a direct link to the hh. Most hh's are too long to post in an aim/msn chat

Haha, why I love $100 PL:PokerStars Pot-Limit Omaha High, $1.00 BB (6 handed) Poker-Stars Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownSB ($59.45)Hero ($100)UTG ($104.30)MP ($117.90)CO ($43.60)Button ($119.50)Preflop: Hero is BB with Qspade.gif, Tspade.gif, Jdiamond.gif, Jclub.gif. 2 folds, CO calls $1, 1 fold, SB completes, Hero raises to $4, CO calls $3, SB folds.Flop: ($9) 5spade.gif, Aspade.gif, Qheart.gif(2 players)Hero bets $7, CO calls $7.Turn: ($23) 9diamond.gif(2 players)Hero checks, CO bets $9, Hero raises to $48.9, CO calls $23.60 (All-In).River: ($88.20) 8heart.gif(2 players, 1 all-in)Final Pot: $88.20Results in white below: Seat 5: looord777 mucked [8s 7s 2d 6h]Seat 6: gavz101 (button) folded before Flop (didn't bet)

4 "wow"s in the chat box :Full Tilt PokerPot Limit Omaha Ring gameBlinds: $0.50/$16 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $293.45UTG+1: $88CO: $166.30Hero: $290.40SB: $286.75BB: $100Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is Button with 2 :D T :club: 3 :4h 4 :5cUTG raises to $2, 2 folds, Hero folds, SB calls, BB calls.Flop: 2 :D 7 :ts 6 :D ($6, 3 players)SB checks, BB bets $6, UTG raises to $24, SB raises to $84, BB folds, UTG calls.Turn: A :D ($180, 2 players)SB bets $180, UTG raises all-in $207.45, SB calls all-in $20.75.Uncalled bets: $6.7 returned to UTG.River: 7 :3h ($581.5, 0 player + 2 all-in - Main pot: $581.5)Results:Final pot: $581.5SB showed 7c 7s Jc KsUTG showed 3d Kh Ac Ad

Glad to be back playing the plo's. At the same point, I think taking some time out and learning some of the finer points of 6max holdem has helped my omaha game. Here's my first couple days back...hiplowa3.jpgRunning about 21/14/4 - much healthier stats than I used to have. Looking forward to putting in a full month in July - 20-25k hands I'm hoping for.

Glad to be back playing the plo's. At the same point, I think taking some time out and learning some of the finer points of 6max holdem has helped my omaha game. Here's my first couple days back...hiplowa3.jpgRunning about 21/14/4 - much healthier stats than I used to have. Looking forward to putting in a full month in July - 20-25k hands I'm hoping for.
PokerEVaments?Your stats look good. Maybe loosen up a touch in position, but it's only a very minor suggestion.
:club::ts:D:D:4h:5c

I don't think there's much strat content here - I probably should fold to the preflop 3bet, I probably should raise the flop instead of getting greedy and going for the overcall. Yay for board pairing rivers!!Full Tilt PokerPot Limit Omaha Ring gameBlinds: $0.10/$0.256 playersConverterStack sizes:UTG: $25UTG+1: $9.60Hero: $25Button: $0SB: $34.85BB: $105.55Pre-flop: (6 players) Hero is CO with K :club: 9 :ts 9 :D Q :4h UTG (poster) checks, UTG+1 calls, Hero raises to $1.35, SB folds, BB calls, UTG raises to $6, UTG+1 folds, Hero calls, BB calls.Flop: 4 :D 3 :3h 9 :5c ($18.35, 4 players)BB checks, UTG bets $8.8, Hero calls, BB calls.Turn: 6 :D ($44.75, 4 players)BB checks, UTG is all-in $10.45, Hero calls all-in $10.45, BB calls.River: 6 :D ($76.1, 2 players + 2 all-in - Main pot: $76.1)Results:Final pot: $76.1BB showed Qd Jc Ac TcUTG showed Kc Ah Ks 7cHero showed Kd 9d 9s Qs(I like how they both had clubs, yet it still gets there on the turn obv...lol)