My Wsop Main Event Bust Out Hand

TT was never a possibility w/ this player, and for very few players overall. Someone would either have to be playing mind blowingly scared poker, or they would have to have intimate knowledge of my game. Even then, I'm just as likely to have a hand I'm insta folding here as I am having QX, so to overshove vs another deep stack who is nitty with the 2nd nuts is just bad.
You know, some of us like to overbet with the nuts from time to time.
  • Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know, some of us like to overbet with the nuts from time to time.
You are confusing overbetting 20 bbs in a smaller tournament w/ shoving in for effectively 90-95 bbs in the WSOP ME, where your fold equity is probably at it's highest. To make that move w/ TT in this spot vs a nit, would be horrible value-wise.
His button raise = any two cards...This seems to be a point missed by some. If he raised, I folded, and he turned over a Chris Sabo rookie card and the noose from Clue, I wouldn't be surprised.
From a post I made on page 5 (my settings, might be different for someone else) where I basically ran through his whole range possible given that flop (suits other than clubs not considered):
a set with a better kicker (maybe worse, but given that PMJ is a rock, I don't think he'd go with a bet/shove line on the flop with Q8-Q2), KJcc, K9cc, Q10, Pocket 10's, Jacks, and J9cc
AQ, KQ, QJ = set with a better kicker obv.I had the feeling that he didn't have 10's, but again, that falls under ATC.

if a button raise means any two cards, why the hell can't he have a weaker queen? i'm so confused by this entire thread, this seems like such a standard/straightforward handa) consider what you're doing when villain shovesB) since i would probably pay the villain real money to shove on me once i c-r, i would quickly c-r the flop and even more quickly call his shove, all while doing fist pumps and possibly making it rain on villainc) if you're not snap calling the shove, don't c-r, cuz he will most likely shove a ton of hands on that boardalso, don't play so nitty in the most +ev tourney of the year where i've read "seeing flops in position with people was like printing money," therefore your image will be worse and you can happily c-r and get it in here.

if a button raise means any two cards, why the hell can't he have a weaker queen? i'm so confused by this entire thread, this seems like such a standard/straightforward handa) consider what you're doing when villain shoves B) since i would probably pay the villain real money to shove on me once i c-r, i would quickly c-r the flop and even more quickly call his shove, all while doing fist pumps and possibly making it rain on villainc) if you're not snap calling the shove, don't c-r, cuz he will most likely shove a ton of hands on that boardalso, don't play so nitty in the most +ev tourney of the year where i've read "seeing flops in position with people was like printing money," therefore your image will be worse and you can happily c-r and get it in here.
Heh I wasn't playing that nitty, only my image should have been based on what I showed down, and how I showed it. I got out of line a lot more on day 1, esp late, though.I def put any QX in his range, as well as a handful of other hands that I have crushed. If he has a Pete Incaviglia future stars card and a 1989 Kirby Puckett Mother's Cookie's Special Card, then I'm obviously drawing dead, but I def had his range wider then just strong draws and bigger queens.
You are confusing overbetting 20 bbs in a smaller tournament w/ shoving in for effectively 90-95 bbs in the WSOP ME, where your fold equity is probably at it's highest. To make that move w/ TT in this spot vs a nit, would be horrible value-wise.
Using your logic then, what's more horrible: shoving 90-95 bbs in the WSOP ME with Tens full? Or calling off 90-95 bbs in the WSOP ME with three Queens, 9 kicker?
Using your logic then, what's more horrible: shoving 90-95 bbs in the WSOP ME with Tens full? Or calling off 90-95 bbs with three Queens, 9 kicker?
Shoving, and if you can't figure out why, gl to you.
I told you it was personal as to why I didn't want to travel the poker circuit. Sorry if you view not divulging personal information to a random guy on a poker forum as being 'uptight'. As for the rest of your post, lol.
Look Hoosier, I don't mind you not divulging info but you didn't really come across as being too nice in your PM to me. If the tables were turned, you might think that I'm a snot too. As for the guy kissing your butt, i don't deny Hoosier is a more valuable member of this community and I'm sure he's cool, I was just a bit put off that one time. Ok, whatever, I don't want to turn this into a flame war. It's water under the bridge now.
loool
Heh, remember those? Obv never take them out of the cellophane packaging. First player that came to mind was the Will Clark one, because that's what I always got living in the Bay Area, but obv I hate him. So, I figured there had to be a Kirby one. :club:
info nit. obv. Dratj,You're a little out of line here bud. In all my AIM conversations with Jon, he has never acted like he was too good to answer any questions (poker related, even semi-personal stuff) or shoot the proverbial breeze about nearly any topic, or take my money in flips :club: . It seems like you're the one with something up your butt when you keep after the guy for an obvious mistake that he admitted. Cliffnotes: Hoosier is a valuable poster and even cooler guy. Dratj, not so much.
I have no beef with you, I'm sure Jon can defend himself.
c) if you're not snap calling the shove, don't c-r, cuz he will most likely shove a ton of hands on that boardalso, don't play so nitty in the most +ev tourney of the year where i've read "seeing flops in position with people was like printing money," therefore your image will be worse and you can happily c-r and get it in here.
Astros, would be cr the flop or rather lead out? I'd rather lead out and control the pot size.

Lame, I can't find a 1989 Puckett Mother's Cookies card....I can find the whole Astros, A's, and Giants teams, but not a Puckett? How did little children in Minnesota not rise up in revolt over this? EDIT:Heh how about those 1985 Houston Astros?1985MCHA1.jpgAnd here is the d-bag Clark card. What a goofy look on his face...and he was a racist:1989MCCLARK.jpg

Heh, remember those? Obv never take them out of the cellophane packaging. First player that came to mind was the Will Clark one, because that's what I always got living in the Bay Area, but obv I hate him. So, I figured there had to be a Kirby one. :club:
think I had a nolan ryan, is this it?:BBNolanRyan.jpg

I thought Mother's Cookies were only sold on the west coast? I was shocked to see the Astros. Grew up in Pleasanton and thought the only MC cards were the A's and Giants. I know there weren't many of them.

I thought Mother's Cookies were only sold on the west coast?
This is true, hence why I coveted my Nolan Ryan so much being that I lived in the midwest.
Hoos, I thought for sure you would say this was the only card that meant something:86-fleer-jordan.jpg
Obv, but I had nowhere near the pre-teen bankroll to even think about affording that gem. I wonder what that card sells for now?

Crap. I said it would take less than 6 pages for this thread to evolve into old school baseball discussion. I lose.

Not that it matters, this was the ONLY card that meant something:griffeyud.jpg
I wish that card would have done something. I think i got it for my 9th birthday and its still the same price.
I thought Mother's Cookies were only sold on the west coast? I was shocked to see the Astros. Grew up in Pleasanton and thought the only MC cards were the A's and Giants. I know there weren't many of them.
Ya, I found a guy on Ebay that seems to have certain teams only. Astros, Padres, Giants, A's....I don't see Dodgers which is obv some sort of conspiracy against me. Myabe just West coast and South west?Oh and Seattle, so that adds to West Coast.