My Wsop Main Event Bust Out Hand

Easy, Mike Davis. Aqcuired the year before from Oakland where he showed decent power, but had done nothing for the Dodgers. He drew a walk, and stole second late in the count before Gibby did his thing.
You have to understand, I watch highlights of that inning on youtube whenever I am in a bad mood. Same with Finley's walk off slam vs the 'Gints' a few years back to clinch the division... :club:
  • Replies 396
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Heh of course. In order it was...Karros, Piazza, Mondesi, Nomo, Hollandsworth. In 1997 Wilton Guerrero was in contention early to give us 6 but he got caught with a corked bat (another infamous incident, moron trying to pick up the pieces before anyone saw).
Would have been a tough year for Wilton to win anyway.....besides Scott Rolen, he had to compete with Matt Morris, Andruw Jones, and Tony Womack's 60 SBs as rooks.
I remember ProStars used to come on right before Captain N, obv one of the greatest cartoons ever.
For me, it came on right before The New Adventures of Captain Planet.
Easy, Mike Davis. Aqcuired the year before from Oakland where he showed decent power, but had done nothing for the Dodgers. He drew a walk, and stole second late in the count before Gibby did his thing.
OK, like Bizzle said, I guess that concludes the Dodger trivia section...
Would have been a tough year for Wilton to win anyway.....besides Scott Rolen, he had to compete with Matt Morris, Andruw Jones, and Tony Womack's 60 SBs as rooks.
Ha, Tony Womack...Is he dead? Are he and Otis Nixon hanging out somewhere together?
The only guy to ever make it to the big leagues from my hometown of Munster, IN. brag:got to play catch w/him a few times b/c I used to mow his parents lawn since they lived down the street.
Nice....we got Don Mattingly from Evansville, got to meet him during the `94 strike at his restaurant. Nice guy....
Ha, Tony Womack...Is he dead? Are he and Otis Nixon hanging out somewhere together?
He was a Yankee in `05, and then can't remember what happened to him last year....
You have to understand, I watch highlights of that inning on youtube whenever I am in a bad mood. Same with Finley's walk off slam vs the 'Gints' a few years back to clinch the division... :club:
yeah.... I watch the behind the glory episode on fox sports whenever its on... really doesn't get old...
yeah.... I watch the behind the glory episode on fox sports whenever its on... really doesn't get old...
I'd like to be behind Vidas Glory :club: (Sorry I have looked at that pic like 15 times in an hour and its now all I can think about)
PM - How can you live in the Bay Area and be Dodgers fan? (Although I shouldn't talk I live in the Bay Area and I am a Cubs Fan)
Easy, honest answer - My dad is from LA, so I'm a fan of everything he told me to be. :)Answer I'm more prone to give when a 'Gints' fan asks - How could I not be a fan of a team other then the Giants? At an early age I made the decision that I didn't want my baseball 'life' to be filled with anguish and disappointment. :club:
He signed a minor league contract with the Nats back in January so I assume he's playing for one of their farm teams.
I'd like to be behind Vidas Glory :club: (Sorry I have looked at that pic like 15 times in an hour and its now all I can think about)
yeah... I could prolly hit it... if I tried...
Easy, honest answer - My dad is from LA, so I'm a fan of everything he told me to be. :)Answer I'm more prone to give when a 'Gints' fan asks - How could I not be a fan of a team other then the Giants? At an early age I made the decision that I didn't want my baseball 'life' to be filled with anguish and disappointment. :club:
Apparently I did, choosing the Cubs when I was about 3
Ya, I think that is what is on youtube. They have the normal highlights, and then they have a more in depth piece with interviews etc. I get chills everytime I hear Vin's call. After the ball goes out, he is silent as Gibby rounds the bases (leave it to Vin to let the moment speak for itself), then says something along the lines of 'In the year of the improbable, the _impossible_ has happened.' Vin Scully > sliced bread
Apparently I did, choosing the Cubs when I was about 3
Ya, the White Sox winning one a few years back couldn't have been easy either...For teams like the Cubs (and the Giants considering they are 0 for San Francisco in terms of WS titles), it has to piss you off that the Marlins have two titles and the DBacks one.
wtf? seriously? control the pot size? god i would spring wood as soon as i saw that flop and would take whichever line i thought got all my money in the fastest. pot control? really?
Well, that is why I'm not a pro.So, unlike PMJackson, I guess you would instacall the shove Phil Hellmuth style?

I'm going to post a thread in OT Baseball, so this thread doesn't get too out of hand. (too late prob lol).All Time Team from baseball themed movieshttp://www.fullcontactpoker.com/poker-foru...howtopic=104704I need infielders, please discuss. I obv spent way too much time compiling a list, and I know I'm forgetting players/movies.:club:

I've just finally made it to page 13 of this thread after like 3 days on and off reading through each post and...This thread deserves a bump !!! :club: wow, what a hand and great strat contributions by all, a great read !*ignores the fact that this has thread has been hijacked into baseball territory and returns to page 14*

Ya, the White Sox winning one a few years back couldn't have been easy either...For teams like the Cubs (and the Giants considering they are 0 for San Francisco in terms of WS titles), it has to piss you off that the Marlins have two titles and the DBacks one.
holla
wtf? seriously? control the pot size? god i would spring wood as soon as i saw that flop and would take whichever line i thought got all my money in the fastest. pot control? really?
I :club: BK