Biggio Announces Retirement

Good riddance to bad rubbish.
??great player and seemed very classy. Like a Marvin Harrison.
That damn Killer B's thing was sooooo annoying. Great player though, GG, HOF, etc.
Agreed, on both accounts. Talk about a guy doing whatever the team needed. He switched positions multiple times. Kinda sucks they couldn't beat the White Sox in '05.
Agreed, on both accounts. Talk about a guy doing whatever the team needed. He switched positions multiple times. Kinda sucks they couldn't beat the White Sox in '05.
no, no it doesn't :club:

What a monster season he had in 1997:.309/.415/.50122 Home Runs146 Runs Scored47 Stolen Bases34 HBPsPlayed the best second base of his career (according to BP's metrics)and perhaps most amazingly:0 GIDP. About 750 plate appearances and not a single double play hit into. I think I've only heard of that happening one other time and that doesn't count because oddly enough, he hit into a triple play that season.Hopefully he'll get the respect he deserves when the time comes for Hall of Fame voting. I think he will since he's not under the steroid cloud that has dogged some and will dog others and because of that nice, shiny, cool yet arbitrary 3,000 he's now got attached to his name.

I heard on XM yesterday that apparently he has made a request to catch one game this season before his send off.it's been a long time since we've seen him in padscraig_biggio_autograph.jpg

I heard on XM yesterday that apparently he has made a request to catch one game this season before his send off.it's been a long time since we've seen him in padscraig_biggio_autograph.jpg
he should catch the last game of the year and go out the way he came in assuming it is meaningless in the standings

I like Biggio, but Houston was being a bunch of douchebags when they were only playing him at home so that hed get his 3000 hit there. So that kind of tarnishes him imo. He also should have retired last year if not a couple years ago.

well as far as catchers goPat Borders>BiggioAnd if Alomar didn't spit, and wasn't very sick >biggio toobut he is a great team player and does deserve to be in the HOF and seems like a real class guy!

I like Biggio, but Houston was being a bunch of douchebags when they were only playing him at home so that hed get his 3000 hit there. So that kind of tarnishes him imo. He also should have retired last year if not a couple years ago.
Wow. I disagree with the choice of words here. Big time.

3,000 hits.. For ONE team. We'll never see that again. An absolute gamer, through and through.