Is There Any Good Christian Music Out There?

I have no factual evidence to back this up, but judging by his lyrical content I would say that Joseph Arthur falls into this category. In my opinion, he's got some really good stuff ("Redemption's Son" is a good album and "In the Sun" and "Honey and the Moon" are great tracks). Some of it is obviously religious, but not preachy or overbearing. And definitley not typical Christian rock. Worth a look.

My favorites...1. Third Day 2. MercyMe 3. Casting Crowns 4. David Crowder 5. Jeremy Camp6. dc Talk 7. Newsboys 8. Sonicflood9. Chris Tomlin10. Jars of Clay They are ranked according to my favorites but generally are the most popular Christian bands you will find
All in my car cd player right now, along with Dean Martin, and a contempory worship cdOld school there are only two singers that should be looked at; Keith Green and Steve Camp
Project 86 FTW.They seriously do nothing twice, and every album is a new experience. Pretty impressive stuff.
yea ima say mutemath and project 86 are the best ive seen on this list so far. Very different sounds, mind you, but I'm not Christian and I enjoy both of these bands.

So no one's mentioned them yet, but if you're looking for punk and/or ska, I like MxPx, Relient K, and Five Iron Frenzy. All three are generally pretty upbeat, reflective, and uplifting. While being "Christian bands", they don't go out of their way to insert the word "Jesus" into every song, and they sing about a really wide variety of topics.

Sufjan StevensNickel CreekRelient KColdplayU2All sing about spiritual or christian topics as well as everyday relationships.

• 1 month later...

Christian Rap. An oxymoron? Apparently not. Trip Lee - profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendID=54669583Lecrae - http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendID=22864243on Trip Lee listen to Cash or Christ and Amped Up.. and on Lecrae they are all pretty good..i haven't talked to anybody that likes rap that doesn't like these songs at least for the beats and music.. you'll have to get used to hearing Jesus rapped though

Try some of these. Day of FireThousand Foot KrutchKJ-52KutlessMute MathJohn ReubenToby MacChris TomlinJeremy CampJonah 33Demon HunterAnberlinPlumbFlyleafSuperchickPigeon JohnJennifer KnappRita WilsonSarah KelleyAlso you might want to check out Poets of the Fall. More "spiritual" than Christian....but probably one of my favorite bands right now.
  • 2 weeks later...