Least Skillful Recent Wsop Me Champ

Least Skillful WSOP ME Champ  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Who is the Least Skillful WSOP ME Champ?

• Jerry Yang (07')
    • JAMIE GOLD (06')
    • Chris Moneymaker (03')
    • Robert Varkonyi (02')
    • Hal Fowler (79')

lol, he was my second choice. has he even cashed since his win? poker superstars doesnt count, either, i mean in a WSOP or WPT toruny
Not that I know of, fellow Connecticutian.......

This year's ME ft was so boring to watch and some of the players looked like they needed to be hooked up to IV's. Also Jerry Yang is probably the most retarded player ever. "Raise to 11 million!" but sir the blinds are only 10/20.......

Didn't Moneymaker finish second to everyone's favorite announcer Phil Gordon in a WPT event a few yeras ago?
I thought he finished 2nd in the Bay 101 awhile back.
This year's ME ft was so boring to watch and some of the players looked like they needed to be hooked up to IV's. Also Jerry Yang is probably the most retarded player ever. "Raise to 11 million!" but sir the blinds are only 10/20.......
Can I bet my watch he asks.....I prayed to God I was gonna river you! PWNED FTW
Didn't Moneymaker finish second to everyone's favorite announcer Phil Gordon in a WPT event a few yeras ago?
Yep, only cause donkeyboy Gordon sucked out on him. I've seen Moneymaker get his money in good many times and haveterrible luck.
Yep, only cause donkeyboy Gordon sucked out on him. I've seen Moneymaker get his money in good many times and haveterrible luck.
Same. Poker Superstars has been horrible for him. He was running so bad, It seemed like a 70/30 advantage for him was a coinflip. He's conducted himself with alot of class to from what I've seen, so I've got no problem with him.
He hit a gut-shot straight draw vs. AA guy. He calls 2/3 of the guy's stack with 76 on flop hit it on turn, weeeee.
We need Balloon Guy to confirm this because I was only 8 at the time, but I'm pretty sure 76 was THE "hot hand" of '79, so Fowler's a god for knowing that and going with it.

Jamie Gold and Jerry Yang are better than those 3.I dunno who the heck Hal Fowler is.What about that guy who won in like 98, Noel Furlong?

Jamie Gold and Jerry Yang are better than those 3.I dunno who the heck Hal Fowler is.What about that guy who won in like 98, Noel Furlong?
Your sig is hilarious.
This is who Noel Furlong beat that year. Weak table. Nobody remembers how stacked 1999' ft was.He also got 6th in the WSOP ME IN 89'1Noel Furlong$1,000,0000 2Alan Goehring$768,6250 3Padraig Parkinson$489,1250 4Erik Seidel$279,5000 5Chris Bigler$212,4200 6Huck Seed$167,70001Phil Hellmuth Jr.$755,0000 2Johnny Chan$302,0000 3Don Zewin$151,0000 4Stephen Lott$83,0500 5Lyle Berman$67,9500 6Noel Furlong$52,850

My vote is for Varkonyi.I can't really judge Yang and Fowler because I haven't seen them play. Moneymaker is actually ok, he at least made a WPT final table and he played pretty well on Poker After Dark. I think he's just putting too much pressure on himself to win. Gold looked like a luckbox at the '06 ME but he still has some skills. But Varkonyi? What has he done besides winning the ME? Has he made any other WSOP final tables? What about the WPT?

My vote is for Varkonyi.I can't really judge Yang and Fowler because I haven't seen them play. Moneymaker is actually ok, he at least made a WPT final table and he played pretty well on Poker After Dark. I think he's just putting too much pressure on himself to win. Gold looked like a luckbox at the '06 ME but he still has some skills. But Varkonyi? What has he done besides winning the ME? Has he made any other WSOP final tables? What about the WPT?
He's won a whopping $85k in the 5 years since his ME win, and that includes $51k for 2007 ME