Wsop Main Event Final Table Rail Thread

• Replies 2.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If Jerry Yang wins the World Series, I will quit poker and cut my nuts off.Also, after he does nothing in years to come, "Where's Jerry?" will actually mean something again.

WHY WHY WHY WHY semi bluff the donk.
exactly... that was one of the stupidest plays ive seen at a final table in a long time..... and for him to be the chip leader coming in to do that is crazy.... Lesson of the day dont go on tilt
If Jerry Yang wins the World Series, I will quit poker and cut my nuts off.Also, after he does nothing in years to come, "Where's Jerry?" will actually mean something again.
LOL at wheres jerryAlso, dont cut your nuts off because Jerry might be good for poker.

That wasn't a donk move by Phil, Yang has been steam rolling the table and someone needed to take a stand. Who woulda thunk Yang is hitting everything. *On a side note that Rain dude is just priceless.

CHARTER CABLE cant tell me if ANYONE is ghetting this.,they still think it's probably my box.. ...sucksI wasnt even going to order it until today; but then I got psyched.IS ANYONE SEEING IT ON TV????

I thought the QQ fold was kind of passive, as was the way Childs bet it. The way the betting was going, leading out with a normal 3x BB bet is, imo, pretty weak. I also think that a check raise on the flop (dependant on Yang's action) would have been a quality move.Very nice hand play feature they have on pokernews
A c/r on that flop is pretty damn spewy. Yang folds all hands worse than QQ to a check/shove from Childs and calls with KK/AA/set.

Wrong thread I guess:I was lucky enough to be there on Sunday (Monday morning) for the final 11. Here are my thoughts after watching them play.Seat 1 - Jon Kalmar - My impression of him was that he was not a great player. He was very animated at the table and didn't seem to be paying attention to every hand. He continually would fold his hand and then go talk to his wife. ( I may be partial because his drunk friend kept bumping into me and was annoying the whole crowd)Seat 2 - Lee Childs - Very inexperienced in that it seemed easy to push him off handsSeat 3 - Philip Hilm - Not afraid to push chips into the middle at any point, preflop, or post flop. It's easy to see he's experience and will be a big threatSeat 4 - Jerry Yang - Probably the biggest wild card. He seemed aggressive and a good decision maker, however, he kept backing down when raised. It was very interesting because mutlitple times when he was pushed all in, he was very active, standing up, counting his chips, but then each time he backed down. It seemed like he wasn't willing to take a risk of missing the final table. Either he will be more ready to take a chance tonight or will continue to play passive after re-raised. Seat 5 - Raymond Rahme - seemed very tight and patient. He walked away from the table for probably 12-15 of the 30 hands, 10-handed. I think he went to smoke and just walked around for an extended amount of time.Seat 6 - Tuan Lam - I was very impressed with is play. Very agressive and confident.Seat 7 - Alex Kravchenko - Would not have been at this table without a bad call by Philip. Seat 8 - Lee Watkinson - He has the most experience so he should be a favorite. He was the only one not pumping his fists when it went down to 9.Seat 9 - Hevad 'Rain' Khan - I know people are very high on him but he seemed very overmatched. I have confidence that he makes good poker decisions but I didn't feel that impressed with his table presence. More experienced players should be able to get him off his game.Here is my order of probability they will win.1. Philip Hilm 2. Lee Watkinson3. Tuan Lam4. Raymond Rahme5. Jerry Yang6. Jon Kalmar7. Alex Kravchenko8. Hevad Khan9. Lee Childs

exactly... that was one of the stupidest plays ive seen at a final table in a long time..... and for him to be the chip leader coming in to do that is crazy.... Lesson of the day dont go on tilt
Total meltdown, crazy. I'd get very seriously wasted now if I were Hilm. I feel a need to throw up just thinking about what he did at this FT, and I don't even care about the guy...

One of my computer's I get the ESPN "Thank you for Watching" so I booted up my other computer and went straight to that link, and it works on that computer. Both are running IE and Windows XP. The only thing I could think of would be to delete your history/cookies and try again. I'm trying to fix the problem on this computer.

Wrong thread I guess:I was lucky enough to be there on Sunday (Monday morning) for the final 11. Here are my thoughts after watching them play.Seat 1 - Jon Kalmar - My impression of him was that he was not a great player. He was very animated at the table and didn't seem to be paying attention to every hand. He continually would fold his hand and then go talk to his wife. ( I may be partial because his drunk friend kept bumping into me and was annoying the whole crowd)Seat 2 - Lee Childs - Very inexperienced in that it seemed easy to push him off handsSeat 3 - Philip Hilm - Not afraid to push chips into the middle at any point, preflop, or post flop. It's easy to see he's experience and will be a big threatSeat 4 - Jerry Yang - Probably the biggest wild card. He seemed aggressive and a good decision maker, however, he kept backing down when raised. It was very interesting because mutlitple times when he was pushed all in, he was very active, standing up, counting his chips, but then each time he backed down. It seemed like he wasn't willing to take a risk of missing the final table. Either he will be more ready to take a chance tonight or will continue to play passive after re-raised. Seat 5 - Raymond Rahme - seemed very tight and patient. He walked away from the table for probably 12-15 of the 30 hands, 10-handed. I think he went to smoke and just walked around for an extended amount of time.Seat 6 - Tuan Lam - I was very impressed with is play. Very agressive and confident.Seat 7 - Alex Kravchenko - Would not have been at this table without a bad call by Philip. Seat 8 - Lee Watkinson - He has the most experience so he should be a favorite. He was the only one not pumping his fists when it went down to 9.Seat 9 - Hevad 'Rain' Khan - I know people are very high on him but he seemed very overmatched. I have confidence that he makes good poker decisions but I didn't feel that impressed with his table presence. More experienced players should be able to get him off his game.Here is my order of probability they will win.1. Philip Hilm 2. Lee Watkinson3. Tuan Lam4. Raymond Rahme5. Jerry Yang6. Jon Kalmar7. Alex Kravchenko8. Hevad Khan9. Lee Childs
Your horse just got knocked out in 9th.

What the hell is this guys? Neither player played that hand that badly. Yang was maniacial so far, Hilm wanted to take a stand against the guy who was pushing everybody around. He had a good hand to do so with, Yang probably folds everything worse than AK, even then Hilm has 30% equity.Yang's call with AK was good BECAUSE of his maniacial image, which meant that Hilm is shoving back with a wide range of hands.

A c/r on that flop is pretty damn spewy. Yang folds all hands worse than QQ to a check/shove from Childs and calls with KK/AA/set.
Well, a good player folds every hand QQ is beating. But it is very up in the air whether Yang folds JJ or TT there.