Ultimate Bet 0.25/0.50 Omaha/8 (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Preflop: Hero is Button with J :) , Q :D , 2 :D , A :) . CO posts a blind of $0.25. 1 fold, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, 1 fold, MP3 calls, CO (poster) checks, Hero raises, SB calls, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.Flop: (14 SB) T :D , 7 :) , 5 :club:(7 players)SB bets, BB calls, UTG+1 calls, MP1 folds, MP3 folds, CO folds, Hero calls.Turn: (9 BB) K :D(4 players)SB checks, BB bets, UTG+1 folds, Hero raises, SB folds, BB calls.River: (13 BB) T :icon_dance:(2 players)Final Pot: 14 BBObv I have nothing on end but should I play it this way? Anything wrong with preflop raise? What about the call on the flop with really only the nut low draw? I think this is where I made the biggest mistake. Then turn raise with OESD? I am new to the game obviously as this seems like a simple hand. I am thinking no need to raise turn as I am nowhere except nut low draw and nut straight draw. Any suggestions and/or comments welcome.

this is a raise preflop in this situation. on the flop for 17 bets you have my blessing to draw to half the pot.i might like a semi bluff on the turn against certain opponents if the sb bet again and it folded all the way to you. as it went down i think a raise is pretty bad here. -----how did the action go down on the river? the way you played it i think its manditory that you take another stab at it.

i think you played the hand just fineon the river you're taking a stab at it right?

What reasons did you have to make the turn raise?
He has the nut low draw and a broadway wrap for high. 4 to 6 outs to scoop and 18 outs for a def. piece.I like the turn raise here and def need to take a stab heads up at the river.

at lower limits, i'm pretty sure the villain holds a set of 7s or 5s here, rendering your semibluff somewhat bad, but that type of play works really, really well as you move up (if you semibluff the turn, you obv have to bet the river). another note here: since you have position, you can actually peel the turn relatively safely, as your hand looks a LOT like A2, and if you hit your wrap to scoop you're fairly likely to be able to get in that extra bet on the end against a set that should be valuebetting you if you've played passively up to that point. i don't mean to sound like your turn raise is bad, though--it's a perfectly reasonable spot to make that kind of move. it's just that at lower limits, i really think you're running into a set a whole lot of the time here.preflop is std. i don't mind raising the flop for almost-value and the ability to take off a free card against non-thinking opponents.

• 2 weeks later...

I really don't think your raise will work it out well for you most of the time. It doesn't matter what limits you are playing, or in another word, what kinds of players you are facing.Without reads, then I am assuming in general it can be safely reduced to that BB is most likely having two kinds of hands, he has a made hand (not necessarily with huge strength) or he's also trying to draw on the turn.If he had a made hand, he will be much likely to call on the river because low limit passive call stations will call no matter what, and higher limit players who understand the pot odds a little better will also call based on pot odds and more importantly, your passive calling on the flop but raised preflop (and hence wecan safely reduce your hand strength, not having AA or better, nor having a great draw on the flop), and how did that make you raise on the turn?Also consider SB bet on the flop and checked the turn, what's that? If he had a low draw, many players will continue to draw even if you raised the turn, and it translates into on the river you and SB will pay more to BB if the low hits (getting 1/4'd), and don't forget that you can only scoop if 9/J/Q with no hearts come.Now if BB has a hand of similar strength of yours and so he bluffed the turn (I made this move many times on the turn oop as I deteced that my villains are having the hands of similar strength, ie, they are also on a draw), so what happened if the river blanks, he will be more likely to continue putting one more bet on the river, can you call that? Or do you have the guts to raise him with nothing, given that the pot is big enough and there's no read on him? You can only raise him on the turn if he's an aggressive player and caught him bluffing before.