Colorado Avalanche

Not on the strength of two additions, sorry. I'm not sold on Budaj as a #1 goalie by any stretch, and the Avs still can't field more than two viable scoring lines (though they're close). They got a lot better with the additions of Hannan and Smyth, don't get me wrong, but wrapping up the Northwest Division (with Vancouver, Calgary and Minny teams that haven't gotten much worse) in the preseason is too much of a stretch.

Not on the strength of two additions, sorry. I'm not sold on Budaj as a #1 goalie by any stretch, and the Avs still can't field more than two viable scoring lines (though they're close). They got a lot better with the additions of Hannan and Smyth, don't get me wrong, but wrapping up the Northwest Division (with Vancouver, Calgary and Minny teams that haven't gotten much worse) in the preseason is too much of a stretch.
Yeah, but I was gonna make a thread like this eventually....as for the goaltending issues, Budaj improved 100%+ last seaon and is still getting better
Yeah, but I was gonna make a thread like this eventually....as for the goaltending issues, Budaj improved 100%+ last seaon and is still getting better
Totally agree with you, but I wouldn't call him a clear #1 on his own team, let alone a top echelon goalie at this time. Theodore could still beat him out for the starting job in camp, and there will be a lot of pressure to get the guy making 5x the money at least a majority of the starts. I like the moves that Colorado has made a lot, but I'm still not sold on their return to the playoffs, much less their return to the top 3 seedings.
Totally agree with you, but I wouldn't call him a clear #1 on his own team, let alone a top echelon goalie at this time. Theodore could still beat him out for the starting job in camp, and there will be a lot of pressure to get the guy making 5x the money at least a majority of the starts. I like the moves that Colorado has made a lot, but I'm still not sold on their return to the playoffs, much less their return to the top 3 seedings.
i would not be shocked at all if they traded Theodore
i would not be shocked at all if they traded Theodore
If they could find a taker for him and his salary, they would have traded him ages ago. No one wants a $5.5 million goalie that isn't even a starter on a non-playoff team (sorry).
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...