Is Dutch Boyd a winning pro?  

95 members have voted

1. 1. He FTed the $5k NL holdem event finishing tomorrow; he FTed the 3k stud hi/lo event a couple weeks ago. So.....which of these "pros" would you say Boyd is better than?

• Phil Laak
    • Sam Grizzle
    • Al Krux
    • Scotty Nguyen
    • Joe Hachem
    • Greg Raymer
    • Doyle Brunson
    • Phil Ivey
    • Randy Jensen
    • Vinny Vinh

Final Table SetThe final table for Event #45, $5,000 NL Six-Handed is complete. There are six players remaining out of the 728 original players who bought in on Thursday. Erik Friberg from Sweden is the chip leader with 2.795M.Final Table Seating Assignments and Chip Counts:Seat 1: Greg Pohler - 655,000Seat 2: Alex Bolotin - 2,010,000Seat 3: Gioi Luong - 570,00Seat 4: Bill Edler - 535,000Seat 5: Dutch Boyd - 705,000Seat 6: Erik Friberg - 2,795,000Final Table Payouts:1 - $904,672 2 - $504,686 3 - $345,582 4 - $232,669 5 - $169,369 6 - $110,860 The final table will start at 2 PM local time.

Sam Grizzle is certainly not better than Dutch Boyd. Grizzle comes to Buffalo and plays 5-10nl sometimes. He's not a baller and is almost certainly getting staked for some odd reason. He's mildly entertaining though.

Does anyone know if cuin4years was a hellmuth fan? I am declaring this guy the new King RKIGS.
to qualify for King RKIGS status, one must watch the Tyra Banks show at least 4 times a week. it doesn't matter what the reason is, you're still an RKIGS.Now let's play tic-tac-toe.
to qualify for King RKIGS status, one must watch the Tyra Banks show at least 4 times a week. it doesn't matter what the reason is, you're still an RKIGS.Now let's play tic-tac-toe.
Haha nice. Screw tic-tac-toe. We're battleshipping this bitch! A B C D E F G H I J K L M N0-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|1-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|2-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|3-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|4-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|5-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|6-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|7-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|8-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|9-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|Place your ships!XX - ScoutXXX - DestroyerXXXX - BattleshipXXXXX - Air Craft Carrier.B5 ! Ok not really...I have painting to do.
the only person he is probably better then is phil laak
I would agree with this, but based on the way laak has played on HSP I've given him a lot more credit. I think laak is a pretty good cash game pro.
Haha nice. Screw tic-tac-toe. We're battleshipping this bitch! A B C D E F G H I J K L M N0-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|1-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|2-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|3-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|4-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|5-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|6-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|7-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|8-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|9-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|-|Place your ships!XX - ScoutXXX - DestroyerXXXX - BattleshipXXXXX - Air Craft Carrier.B5 ! Ok not really...I have painting to do.
Hit.
Gman, I think there's something wrong with your poll: Randy Jensen [ 31 ] Vinny Vinh [ 29 ] Total Votes: 51Not to mention all the other votes cast.
Take a minute to think about it...come'on...you can do it...
Boyds a genius with personal problems...I'd put him 3rd on that list behind ivey and brunson on tournament play only.
your saying dutch is a better player then joe hachem?? broccoli
Who the hell voted that Dutch is better than Ivey???????
I donked this poll, and I bet others did too.I read it wrong... checked every box... would have checked none of them.Sorry.
I donked this poll, and I bet others did too.I read it wrong... checked every box... would have checked none of them.Sorry.
I checked every box because gchickfag made the topic.
Dutch is better than at least half of them. He's a genius with a lot of mental problems and lacks self control it seems.
I hope you are kidding. Dutch is a fish in that line-up, I doubt he can beat any of them on a regular basis, maybe Sam Grizzle but that would be it. BTW what is all this about his mental problems? Is there a link or a story about it somewhere? All I know is he's an awful card player, just awful. I'd have mental problems too if I played like that. 'Nuff said.
I hope you are kidding. Dutch is a fish in that line-up, I doubt he can beat any of them on a regular basis, maybe Sam Grizzle but that would be it. BTW what is all this about his mental problems? Is there a link or a story about it somewhere? All I know is he's an awful card player, just awful. I'd have mental problems too if I played like that. 'Nuff said.
What are you basing this on?

I said he's better than Sam Grizzle (always broke for a reason), Al Krux (too tight), Randy Jensen (no reason needed), and Vinny Vinh (living dead).Edit: I still REALLY don't like Dutch though. Hachem made him look like a poker newbie in their heads up match. But like Hellmuth says: "If there wasn't luck involved I guess Hachem would've won that match"......or something like that

He has serious mental issues. He's a borderline schizo, and he's admittedly bipolar and also admittedly goes off his meds for long periods of time. When he's on his game and on his meds it seems like the kid has some real game. Although his strategy against Hachem was suspect he still has some real talent. Don't knock the guy from what you've seen on tv.