Reckless Driving Help

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You're screwed.I have many cop friends, and have fixed tickets for friends (shut up sick thread) and the first thing the cop asks me when I ask him to help me out is "Was the person a jerk?" In your case, the answer is yes.Yessir, Nossir. Respect man, its easy and makes things go smooth.Please film it when you play Matlock and come up with some lame excuse or defense.Get an attorney or pay the ticket. Much like a tranny at 3am, you're going down.
I wasn't trying to be disrespectful and I think the cop realized it afterwards. I told him it's just the way I talk. I don't talk to anyone with a yessir, nossir. It might be generational. Only when I'm down south do I hear people talk in a yessir/nossir fashion still. I guess it's common in law enforcement and in the military still, but up where I live it's like non-existent in these situations. I know now that if I ever get pulled over again to use that terminology though.
Well, I'm not a lawyer...and I'm trying to think of defense. It's quite fun actually. I've come up with some really creative ideas in the past hour.
These ideas...they are all horrible.Seriously. If you enter court like a jackass you obviously are and try to play 'tv lawyer' with some weak excuse that you obviously never mentioned to the cop in the first place, that's pretty much the best way to guarantee that you'll have to pay the full fine plus have the reckless driving on your record.There is no excuse they haven't heard before. Stop being a moron and find a lawyer that, as someone else said, can get the ticket down to 84mph. Try not to be an complete douche to your lawyer or the judge.
I wasn't trying to be disrespectful and I think the cop realized it afterwards. I told him it's just the way I talk. I don't talk to anyone with a yessir, nossir. It might be generational. Only when I'm down south do I hear people talk in a yessir/nossir fashion still. I guess it's common in law enforcement and in the military still, but up where I live it's like non-existent in these situations. I know now that if I ever get pulled over again to use that terminology though.
No, the issue isn't generational or cultural...it's that fact that you're an obnoxious kid. Trust me, calling a cop 'sir' or 'officer' is common practice everywhere in the country (even the northeast...yes, that's where I'm from too).edit: In two relatively short posts I've called you a jackass, a ******, a moron, and obnoxious. I feel slightly bad about that.
No, the issue isn't generational or cultural...it's that fact that you're an obnoxious kid. Trust me, calling a cop 'sir' or 'officer' is common practice everywhere in the country (even the northeast...yes, that's where I'm from too).
Do you use it for anyone else though? I don't think that cops should think that they're so special they deserve those titles. I don't talk to any of my elders like that. I respect the fact that they have to enforce the law, but I don't feel that they deserve more respect then I give anybody else. Maybe I'm the only person here who feels that way, but that's how I feel. It don't matter though, because it's not changing anything.
Try not to be an complete douche to your lawyer or the judge.
He's off to a bad start. Like others have said, just bite the bullet, get a lawyer (and no, DON'T ask your Daddy to get you one - GET A JOB - ).The best you can hope is to get it dropped to a regular speeding fine. Pay that and take this as a lesson learned.Why is it that kids don't want to work for anything these days? When I was 16 I wanted a pair of Oakley sunglasses.I didn't beg my daddy to buy them for me, I went out and got a fkin job and paid for them.Man up, stop being such a pussy and trying to find excuses for your behaviour.
Do you use it for anyone else though? I don't think that cops should think that they're so special they deserve those titles. I don't talk to any of my elders like that. I respect the fact that they have to enforce the law, but I don't feel that they deserve more respect then I give anybody else. Maybe I'm the only person here who feels that way, but that's how I feel. It don't matter though, because it's not changing anything.
Yeah...you're just young. On the bright side, at least you weren't drunk or driving a car full of weed smoke.
Why is it that kids don't want to work for anything these days? When I was 16 I wanted a pair of Oakley sunglasses. I didn't beg my daddy to buy then for me, I went out and got a fkin job and paid for them.
Bad parenting.To be fair, not all kids are like this. I'm sure it's more than in previous generations...but there are still plenty of teenagers that work and don't expect everything to be handed to them.
No, the issue isn't generational or cultural...it's that fact that you're an obnoxious kid. Trust me, calling a cop 'sir' or 'officer' is common practice everywhere in the country (even the northeast...yes, that's where I'm from too).edit: In two relatively short posts I've called you a jackass, a ******, a moron, and obnoxious. I feel slightly bad about that.
I deserve it. I did something stupid and I've said a lot of stupid, stubborn things on this thread. I have a really egotistical personality so I always think that I can find ways around these things. One of my ideas was to ask people on the poker forum. However, this hasn't brought the answers that I hoped.
edit: In two relatively short posts I've called you a jackass, a ******, a moron, and obnoxious. I feel slightly bad about that.
He's done nothing to deserve to be talked to any differently.In 6 or 7 posts he's made in here, I haven't ONCE seen him take any bit of responsibility for what he did, he's just looking for someone else to come up with an excuse to get him out of trouble. He hasn't learned a thing from any of this.
Bad parenting.To be fair, not all kids are like this. I'm sure it's more than in previous generations...but there are still plenty of teenagers that work and don't expect everything to be handed to them.
Don't insult my parents. I've been getting yelled at to get a job for a while. I'm just kind of lazy.
I deserve it. I did something stupid and I've said a lot of stupid, stubborn things on this thread. I have a really egotistical personality so I always think that I can find ways around these things. One of my ideas was to ask people on the poker forum. However, this hasn't brought the answers that I hoped.
Fair enough.It didn't bring the answer you hoped for...which was "say this and you'll get off with no ticket or fine!!!" Many have already given you the correct advice, which is to get a lawyer that can bring the ticket down to 84 so there's no reckless driving involved. It's not the end of the world.
Don't insult my parents. I've been getting yelled at to get a job for a while. I'm just kind of lazy.
Sorry, but parents that yell at their kid to get a job and let him ignore them are pretty bad parents in that respect. In other ways they might be great.
He's done nothing to deserve to be talked to any differently.In 6 or 7 posts he's made in here, I haven't ONCE seen him take any bit of responsibility for what he did, he's just looking for someone else to come up with an excuse to get him out of trouble. He hasn't learned a thing from any of this.
I realized that there would be consequences if I was caught before this. However, if I can take the easy way out I will. There are some shortcuts in life. Maybe you're right and that there is not one here. I guess I'll just have to play it out. My friend went through something similar and said he just acted really sad and serious to the prosecuter. He got probation and community service.
Sorry, but parents that yell at their kid to get a job and let him ignore them are pretty bad parents in that respect. In other ways they might be great.
So if your kid doesn't have a job you're a bad parent? I'm not as spoiled as you probablly think though. I pay for most of my stuff.

Beans tips for driving fast and avoiding DWIs tickets....1) Purchase a Valentine radar detector, mount it as high as possible, and learn how it responds to radar. 2) Stay in the right lane. Use left in short bursts for passing only.3) Be suspicious of overpasses, emergency pulloffs, DOT weighscales, and city limit signs.4) Dont use signals when changing lanes5) When passing other motorists, dont blow by with your foot in it. Press in the clutch and "coast" by... it offends "normal" driver less and decreases the odds that a soccer mom will use a cell phone to turn you in.6) In the desert areas where radio interference is minimal, use a scanner programmed with the local police bands. 7) Use a "rabbit" car a few miles ahead and watch for brake lights.8 Join a local PD's "Shop with a Cop" or "Teddy Bears for Child Accident Victims" program. Proudly display the sticker on your rear window.9) If you are pulled over, at least have a good reason for speeding. Make sure any excuse involves you hateful, overbearing, cold-blooded wife. Cops have a high divorce rate, and are usually light on mistreated husbands. Also, never say that you just had "a couple"... four an hour or two ago is much better, and gives the officer doubt that you will blow over the limit. Celebrating a divorce is pretty hard to beat.10) If you are pulled over, make sure that its far enough off the road to ensure his safety, have your documents lying on the dash with both hands on the wheel. Ive had better luck without the yessir/nosir stuff, instead saying things like "Hey man, am I far enough off the road?" or "Is there anyway you can arrest this griping bitch next to me?" Humor helps.I got out of an 80 in a 55 once in the rain by pulling into a carwash so the cop didnt have to get wet while getting out of his car. Beans total tickets in the last fifteen years = 0

So if your kid doesn't have a job you're a bad parent? I'm not as spoiled as you probablly think though. I pay for most of my stuff.
That's not what I said. -you were disrespectful to the cop (whether you believe it or not)-you obviously expect your parents to pay to clean up your mess...not even thinking that you should have to pay (as far as I could tell from your comments)-not every kid needs a job (though most should have one), but you ignore them when they tell you to get one (a sure sign that somewhere along the line they screwed up with you)It's really not that big a deal...most parents aren't perfect. Or maybe they are perfect and you're genetically predisposed to be lazy and rude.
Beans tips for driving fast and avoiding DWIs tickets....10) If you are pulled over, make sure that its far enough off the road to ensure his safety, have your documents lying on the dash with both hands on the wheel. Ive had better luck without the yessir/nosir stuff, instead saying things like "Hey man, am I far enough off the road?" or "Is there anyway you can arrest this griping bitch next to me?" Humor helps.I got out of an 80 in a 55 once in the rain by pulling into a carwash so the cop didnt have to get wet while getting out of his car. Beans total tickets in the last fifteen years = 0
Now THERE'S a thinking man. Kudos Beans. You can't forget that cops are just regular dudes, out doing their job.If you're working the drive through at McD's, who would you rather deal with? Someone like Beans who is polite and treats you like a human being, OR some snot nosed kid like the OP who had to ask his dad for a $20 as he left the house, and now thinks because his parents provide him with a car and some cash, he's entitled to treat people who have to work for a living like they're somehow worth less than he is.
10) If you are pulled over, make sure that its far enough off the road to ensure his safety, have your documents lying on the dash with both hands on the wheel.
This helps a ton.I think the yessir nosir routine along with a brief apology (nothing too ridiculous) helps. I've been pulled over about a half dozen times and have 0 tickets (unless you count a photo-radar, which I don't).
That's not what I said. -you were disrespectful to the cop (whether you believe it or not)-you obviously expect your parents to pay to clean up your mess...not even thinking that you should have to pay (as far as I could tell from your comments)-not every kid needs a job (though most should have one), but you ignore them when they tell you to get one (a sure sign that somewhere along the line they screwed up with you)It's really not that big a deal...most parents aren't perfect. Or maybe they are perfect and you're genetically predisposed to be lazy and rude.
No, I was never taught to act a certain way around cops. I guess it's not something a parent is or wants to think about. As for the ignore them about the job, they have gotten more permissive over the years. However, it's not like they are bugging me to get it and I'm swearing back at them. I just kind of leave the area like I'm pretending to do something important and they mention it again a week later.
(unless you count a photo-radar, which I don't).
One night after the wifes meatloaf, my intestines were clocked at 90 in a passing zone by photo radar....I was charged with leaving the scene of an accident
No, I was never taught to act a certain way around cops. I guess it's not something a parent is or wants to think about.
Well now you know.
As for the ignore them about the job, they have gotten more permissive over the years. However, it's not like they are bugging me to get it and I'm swearing back at them. I just kind of leave the area like I'm pretending to do something important and they mention it again a week later.
I mean...do you not understand how this reflects poorly on them?On another note, some of the chicks on Top Chef have nice bodies.
One night after the wifes meatloaf, my intestines were clocked at 90 in a passing zone by photo radar....I was charged with leaving the scene of an accident
*rimjobshot*

Beans-n-icewater, I like your post, but I don't know about the humor helping.