Sneak In Value Bet On River?

Back to the thin river value bets. Too thin?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $6 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownUTG ($607.15)Button ($600)NoSup4U ($594)BB ($1195)Preflop: NoSup4U is SB with 8diamond.gif, 6club.gif. 2 folds, NoSup4U raises to $18, BB calls $12.Flop: ($36) 5diamond.gif, 5spade.gif, 3club.gif(2 players)NoSup4U bets $24, BB calls $24.Turn: ($84) Kclub.gif(2 players)NoSup4U checks, BB checks.River: ($84) 8spade.gif(2 players)NoSup4U bets $54, BB calls $54.Final Pot: $192Mark

you'd need to have a read on your opponent to make that value bet. Would he raise with AK, TT, 99, JJ preflop? what's his pahud stats? if you have the right reads, it's ok making these value bets but it's hard to discuss in a forum

He probably calls here with a 3 enough, but i dont know if id be vbetting that every time, it is QUITE thin
He'd have to be PLAYING a 3 first off, OOP. That'd be bad to begin.I like betting here because not only do we gain value from 22-77 but it also it a nice blocking bet and is slightly cheaper then check/calling what could be a pot bet to find out if we're up against a 5.

Interesting. Villain really doesn't appear to have much. Maybe a hand like A3, or 22, 44, 66, 77. The value here is really thin but there might be enough as villain really hasn't shown much strength.

Back to the thin river value bets. Too thin?PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $6 BB (4 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)saw flop|saw showdownUTG ($607.15)Button ($600)NoSup4U ($594)BB ($1195)Preflop: NoSup4U is SB with 8diamond.gif, 6club.gif. 2 folds, NoSup4U raises to $18, BB calls $12.Flop: ($36) 5diamond.gif, 5spade.gif, 3club.gif(2 players)NoSup4U bets $24, BB calls $24.Turn: ($84) Kclub.gif(2 players)NoSup4U checks, BB checks.River: ($84) 8spade.gif(2 players)NoSup4U bets $54, BB calls $54.Final Pot: $192Mark
Meh. What a suckout. It's OK.

In this spot, I think you're better off checking and catching a bluff if he goes for it.His hand looks so weak, maybe even a 6 or 7 high type of hand that HAS to bluff at the river. Add to the fact that your hand looks really weak and I think that he's gonna take a stab at it more often than not. I think that your value will come from bluff catching in this hand, not value betting.There are so few hands that he can actually pay you with here: 3x, 22, 44, 66, 77 and that's really it. Maybe he has a good A-high type of hand like AJ or something, but I think that he'd just wind up folding to your bet more often than not.I really think a check-call gets more value here than a bet does.

In this spot, I think you're better off checking and catching a bluff if he goes for it.His hand looks so weak, maybe even a 6 or 7 high type of hand that HAS to bluff at the river. Add to the fact that your hand looks really weak and I think that he's gonna take a stab at it more often than not. I think that your value will come from bluff catching in this hand, not value betting.There are so few hands that he can actually pay you with here: 3x, 22, 44, 66, 77 and that's really it. Maybe he has a good A-high type of hand like AJ or something, but I think that he'd just wind up folding to your bet more often than not.I really think a check-call gets more value here than a bet does.
You cost me 60 dollars.
explain....
Only if you respond to Mark's thread with good advice. I'm only semi-hijacking.
I think villian's hand looks like some sort of hand that has minimal value more than a draw that's going to bluff the river with. I think if he were drawing at this pot, he might have taken a stab on the turn unless he had 4c6c. I think his hand looks more like some sort of small pair to medium pair or possibly a 3 since it is a blind battle, with a small possibility that he floated the flop with two big cards. I think there's the chance that Mark gets called by Ace high here but ace high might check behind thinking it's good. (Reading over this, I think I may be alittle bit influenced by seeing the BB's river action though)
Only if you respond to Mark's thread with good advice. I'm only semi-hijacking.
alright this should be good as I have been pounding rum and claritan D for three days.... Bets need to get a better hand to fold or get a worse hand to call. (at least that is what Acid told me once)With no reads I think that you can get a pocket pair to call but I don't see much else, it is really hard to say much without a read. If he is a calling station or a laggy player I don't mind the bet. Against a rock or a taggy player I don't see much reasoning for the bet... Also Mark is playing crazy laggy I think so I might be able to see him getting someone to play much worse and calling him with a wide range....

I told him to raise to $20 blind in the 2/5 game that he was playing in. So, naturally the guy to his immediate right looks at his cards and raises to $20 before Naismith can. The "normal" thing to do would've been to look down at your cards and decide what to do. Instead, he decided to reraise to $60 with what turned out to be 25cc. The SB coldcalled and the original raiser repopped it $120 more and Naismith folded.

Acid didn't give great details.He forgot to mention the guy I blind-raised was the tightest player at the table.Mark -- I'm pretty sure I'm ahead in this spot with my pair of eights (as you obviously were certain you were ahead), but I don't see much value in the bet because I think this is more frequently a straight draw. I think a check-call is optimal here. Obviously, seeing that he calls, I'm wrong...but usually I would suspect this to be a straight draw.

I told him to raise to $20 blind in the 2/5 game that he was playing in. So, naturally the guy to his immediate right looks at his cards and raises to $20 before Naismith can. The "normal" thing to do would've been to look down at your cards and decide what to do. Instead, he decided to reraise to $60 with what turned out to be 25cc. The SB coldcalled and the original raiser repopped it $120 more and Naismith folded.
Did you at any time touch Naismith's chips?
Acid didn't give great details.He forgot to mention the guy I blind-raised was the tightest player at the table.
The guy you blind raised had just sat down like 8 hands ago.Also, I told him to raise blind, not reraise blind. This is entirely his own doing.