Daniel's Congratulation's Rant

Daniel, I understand that you are disappointed with not getting 1st place, but isn't where you did finish better than 10th?
I think its a lot more depressing when you finish 3rd, so close to winning the braclet than if you finish 10th.

I saw the one hand replay on Cardplay where Daniel with AK and Goldman with JJ got it all in with what looked to be M's of around 30 or so? The one where Daniel caught the ace on the river.At any rate, I was surprised to see Daniel go for a flip at that stage, as I would have thought it would have been to his advantage to use his superior post flop skills with an M that high rather than flipping for most of his stack. Oh well, good to vary your play now and then I guess.Congrats, I mean condolences on third.....D

getting 3rd is horrendous. Being in a great spot for a bracelet and coming up short is a worse feeling than busting out 10th. The money doesnt affect your feelings for a while plus in daniels case, the $$ he was playing for isnt life changing. I'm pretty sure he was much more focused on the bracelet than any payout.

getting 3rd is horrendous. Being in a great spot for a bracelet and coming up short is a worse feeling than busting out 10th. The money doesnt affect your feelings for a while plus in daniels case, the $$ he was playing for isnt life changing. I'm pretty sure he was much more focused on the bracelet than any payout.
Especially so since DN was clearly in control of the table with 3 players left. It's incredible that someone can win a bracelet with such a weak/passive game... Poker is very unfair sometimes. ;-)

Blah blah blah "That's poker" blah blah blah.The good thing for people who support and want Daniel to win is that this is a sign of determination. Who hasn't done the same as him in this case before?Personally I do it all the time as first is the best and second is last. For example when I was bowling last night, I only hit a 220, I was p1ssed that I hit 11 pocket balls and never broke 270.Still, 3rd is decent, and I'm sure Daniels time will come this year at the WSOP. Next time we see him...we won't need to worry about a rant, it'll be party time for him. :club:

Daniel has been rather pugnacious in ALL his Vlogs this year. I guess its his nature? I don't know. The truth he lost that bet with 11-1 odds. He lost who knows how much by betting against Phil Hellmuth's 11th bracelet.(I'm guessing it was that 400k bet that Doyle won) He sys he has a 5-1 bet on HIM to win bracelets. Why would anybody not bet every year for Chan Doyle and Phil to increase their WSOP wins? I mean they are all great No limit/ Pot Limit Holdem' players. Among the best that has ever played. Thats not arguable. So WHY bet against them when there are over 20 big limit events(Pot Limit and No limit)? Thats just bad reasoning. In this event all he had to do was be patient and wait for heads up. He had over 1.3 million in chips before the break. Phil and Maybe Chan would have played a much more patient game. When I see this poker brat like blow up of a VLOG, its ironic. Heck. Daniel has gotten in dust ups with Phil Gordan, Hellmuth, and Ram Vaswanie in the past year. Thats alot of bad Karma to take on. I figure the guy in in the hole for almost 500k and it could be MORE if he doesn't get his bracelet. Thats why he could only see the negative of placing 3rd. Sad thing is when you look at MOST of the big time gamblers like Daniel they almost always go broke after being on Top for a while. They all bring it on themselves. Not EVERYBODY is Phil Ivey and Chip Reese but alot of them think they are. That is what gets them in trouble.

Rodney, put down the Haterade. DN has every right to be steamed about a 3rd place finish. Based on your post, you think 3rd in a poker tournament is akin to 3rd in a golf tournament.It isn't.Nice finish DN, but condolences are in order.Some of us "get it."

Daniel has been rather pugnacious in ALL his Vlogs this year. I guess its his nature? I don't know. The truth he lost that bet with 11-1 odds. He lost who knows how much by betting against Phil Hellmuth's 11th bracelet.(I'm guessing it was that 400k bet that Doyle won) He sys he has a 5-1 bet on HIM to win bracelets. Why would anybody not bet every year for Chan Doyle and Phil to increase their WSOP wins? I mean they are all great No limit/ Pot Limit Holdem' players. Among the best that has ever played. Thats not arguable. So WHY bet against them when there are over 20 big limit events(Pot Limit and No limit)? Thats just bad reasoning. In this event all he had to do was be patient and wait for heads up. He had over 1.3 million in chips before the break. Phil and Maybe Chan would have played a much more patient game. When I see this poker brat like blow up of a VLOG, its ironic. Heck. Daniel has gotten in dust ups with Phil Gordan, Hellmuth, and Ram Vaswanie in the past year. Thats alot of bad Karma to take on. I figure the guy in in the hole for almost 500k and it could be MORE if he doesn't get his bracelet. Thats why he could only see the negative of placing 3rd. Sad thing is when you look at MOST of the big time gamblers like Daniel they almost always go broke after being on Top for a while. They all bring it on themselves. Not EVERYBODY is Phil Ivey and Chip Reese but alot of them think they are. That is what gets them in trouble.
Everything you said in this post is wrong, I'm not even going to begin to say why this is all wrong.