I know we have a few golfers here, wondered if anyone has tried the Nike SuMo or the Callaway Ft-i drivers and if they have any thoughts. I'm sort of leaning towards the Callaway, just from reading reviews on the net, but wondered if you guys had any thoughts, insight, advice, etc???

Dont buy the Sumo2 (garbage) if your looking for a good square driver its the FT-i ..bar none. The Square drivers are for golfers who lack accuracy of the tee. You will lose a few yards but it will straighten your tee shots. If your are looking for pure length I recommend the Taylormade Burner or Callaway FT-5.

Dont buy the Sumo2 (garbage) if your looking for a good square driver its the FT-i ..bar none. The Square drivers are for golfers who lack accuracy of the tee. You will lose a few yards but it will straighten your tee shots. If your are looking for pure length I recommend the Taylormade Burner or Callaway FT-5.
Will the square drivers just cure slight pulls/pushes or can it cure big slices? I have a Taylormade 200 steel and it's pretty old, I can't seem to hit it str8 and i am losing massive distance trying to compensate for my slice, it's really the only part of my game keeping me from having a single figure handicap.I've had lessons to try and rectify it but i keep coming in on the inside with my driver, and i'm getting pretty frustrated at this stage.So do you think i should invest in the FT-i or should I work on my swing then buy a Burner...

I have a Nike Sasquatch and I love it. It hits the balls straight and far. I also have the sasquatch 3 wood and it is fantastic also. It goes farther than any other 3 wood I have ever had.

• 2 weeks later...

So this Taylor made u speak of, i use to have one myself (upgrading as time went on) and the head is so small you really have to be precise with your swing or else u miss they sweet spot (obviously). I went with the Callaway FT-3 (before the FT-5's came out, and will probably get) and the sweet spot is so much bigger, and the club is so much more forgiving. U can really miss the sweet spot and a lot of the times it corrects it very well. U can go with the new square head drivers, but u will lose some distance (not a crazy amount) and u can get the same thing from a regular driver (what is it 450cc or 420cc? something like that). My point is the new tech. makes it some much easier to miss hit the ball and still correct it, but the smaller headed drivers will give you a little more distance (take some lessons for that slice). I love Callaway as far a woods go, but Nike and Taylor made R's and very good too.

Taylor made R's and very good too.
Well, I picked up an R7 - 425 today...decided against shelling out $600 for a driver and went with the $279 model.We'll see what happens. I liked the idea of the movable weights in the head.Went to the range before work, I seemed to have a big right to left ball flight, so hopefully moving the weights around will be able to bring that back in to line.

While we're on golf, I have a natural fade in my swing and have gotten my swing to where I can get it in the middle of the fairway relatively consistently. However I can't help to think how much distance I am losing with that large curve. Is there any to fix this or should I just not worry about it?

Went and played 9 with the new R7 today, after changing the weights to the "slight fade" bias and man oh man....it's sweeeeeeet. For the above poster, I'd say that the R7 or the new superquad with the movable weights may be what you need. If you can set it up for draw, (there are two settings - slight draw and DRAW).I had my doubts yesterday after buying it and hitting it on the range, but today there were NO doubts left in my mind as I stepped up to the 2 par 5's on my course and proceeded to hit >300 yrd drives leaving me hitting in Driver-PW to both. My normal was 275-280.Now I can't wait to get out tomorrow and play again. To me, that feeling alone is worth the price of the club.

• 4 weeks later...
hmm "I've had lessons to try and rectify it"
to rectify a slice on your takeaway bring the club head inside. this will cause you to inside out the ball and if anything cause a draw
Went and played 9 with the new R7 today, after changing the weights to the "slight fade" bias and man oh man....it's sweeeeeeet. For the above poster, I'd say that the R7 or the new superquad with the movable weights may be what you need. If you can set it up for draw, (there are two settings - slight draw and DRAW).I had my doubts yesterday after buying it and hitting it on the range, but today there were NO doubts left in my mind as I stepped up to the 2 par 5's on my course and proceeded to hit >300 yrd drives leaving me hitting in Driver-PW to both. My normal was 275-280.Now I can't wait to get out tomorrow and play again. To me, that feeling alone is worth the price of the club.
I hate to burst your bubble...but here goes. First off, I am a Golf Pro---just so you know I do have qualifications.The problem of the R7 is that it's a compensation for a poor swing. You will never have a good golf swing if you are depending on club Designed for a poor swing. Oh....and to fix a slice......make sure your Right elbow(Right handed Golfer) brushes against your chest on the Downswing....after which you follow through High and towards the target.PS the 3 most important parts to the Golf swing are: Balance, Balance, and Balance
  • 2 weeks later...