Hand #24 - Marco Traniello Eliminated in 9th Place ($14,925)Hand #24 - Jon Friedberg has the button in seat 7, Traniello raises from the cutoff to 50,000, Smith reraises from the big blind to 158,000, Traniello moves all in, and Smith asks for a chip count. It's an additional 111,000 to Smith (a total bet of 269,000), and he makes the call with . Traniello shows , and he'll need to improve to stay alive in this race situation. The flop comes , and Smith retains the lead with his pocket pair. The turn card is the , and Traniello needs an ace or a king to survive. The river card is the , and Smith takes the pot with his pocket jacks. Marco Traniello is eliminated in ninth place, earning $14,925. The next player eliminated will receive $20,255.Gavin now has a 2:1 chip lead over the 2nd place player. TID.

Somehow I suspect the report on the hand would be more interesting if we knew what some of the cards were.
Probably, but I didn't preview my post. Obv. the .gif images didn't paste. It was JJ vs AK and Gav's JJ held.

Event 4 $1,500 PL Hold'em1$252,290 2$155,645 3$101,276 4$67,162 5$47,973 6$36,779 7$27,718 8$20,255 9$14,925

Updated chips counts:Official Chip CountsSeat 2 - William Hill - 410,000Seat 3 - Thomas Savitsky - 200,000Seat 4 - Mike Spegal - 490,000Seat 7 - Jon Friedberg - 290,000Seat 9 - Gavin Smith - 965,000One time, Caveman!

Too bad this event doesn't count towards the Smith/Sebok/Madsen bet, otherwise Caveman would be off to a great start.I've only visited CardPlayer once since the series started as well thanks to pokernews.com.Oogah Boogah.

Too bad this event doesn't count towards the Smith/Sebok/Madsen bet, otherwise Caveman would be off to a great start.I've only visited CardPlayer once since the series started as well thanks to pokernews.com.Oogah Boogah.
what bet is that?
what bet is that?
Basically they all agreed to play the same number of hold em events plus 3 'wild card" events which are non-NLHE events. Whoever earns the most WSOP points (or maybe they devised their own point system) wins the bet, and the two losers have to carry the winner into the ME on a throne for each day that the winner lasts in the ME.
Basically they all agreed to play the same number of hold em events plus 3 'wild card" events which are non-NLHE events. Whoever earns the most WSOP points (or maybe they devised their own point system) wins the bet, and the two losers have to carry the winner into the ME on a throne for each day that the winner lasts in the ME.
why does this event not count towards it?
plus 3 'wild card" events which are non-NLHE events.
why does this event not count towards it?
This is Pot-Limit.Down to the HU now, with Mike Spegal. Spegal has the slight edge with 1.245m to Gavin Smith 1.105m after busting Friedberg.

It doesnt count because it mixed with one of Madsens Wild Card events being the Stud/O8 tourney or something like that. It has nothing to do with it being PL. They talk about it in the most recent PokerWire radio episode.

Yeah, I'm a G. Smith fan. Hope he takes it down.
Sorry guys. Bluffmagazine.com just posted. 2nd place again. Damnit! Can't he win one please!? I mean, Eugene Todd Bro.
Sorry guys. Bluffmagazine.com just posted. 2nd place again. Damnit! Can't he win one please!? I mean, Eugene Todd Bro.
ouch too bad. he deserves it.

Hand #129 - Mike Spegal Wins Event #4 ($252,290)Hand #129 - Gavin Smith has the button, he raises to 120,000, Spegal raises to 240,000, Smith moves all in for 415,000, and Spegal calls with As10s. Smith shows the 5c5d, and he'll need his pocket pair to hold up to stay alive. The flop comes Jd6s3s, and Spegal picks up a flush draw to go with his two overcards. The turn card is the Qs, and Spegal clinches the pot with an ace-high flush. (The meaningless river card is the Kd.) Gavin Smith is eliminated in second place, earning $155,645. Mike Spegal wins Event #4 ($1,500 Pot-Limit Hold'em), earning $252,290, a Corum watch, and a coveted WSOP bracelet.