PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.25 BB (9 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Hero ($25.95)UTG ($37.35)UTG+1 ($23.55)MP1 ($13.50)MP2 ($42.95)MP3 ($21.60)CO ($17.20)Button ($17.80)SB ($4)Preflop: Hero is BB with Kheart.gif, Adiamond.gif. 3 folds, MP2 raises to $0.95, 2 folds, Button calls $0.95, SB raises to $4 Hero ?What would you do here? I've been playing tight and the table has been making loose raises

well I wouldn't fold Ak for 16 bb against a short stack for sure. Question is : do we isolate raise ????Depending on your read of the initial PFRaiser iwould reraise or just call
If it were headsup I would definitely call, but with MP2 and button still to act (with us acting postflop out of position for the sidepot), added to the possibility that it's likely a coinflip, I could definitely find a fold.
If it were headsup I would definitely call, but with MP2 and button still to act (with us acting postflop out of position for the sidepot), added to the possibility that it's likely a coinflip, I could definitely find a fold.
It's likely a coinflip?AK is way ahead of an shortstack shoving range.

I would isolate. You're not gonna wanna be folding AK to a 16 bb shortstack, and you can't exactly put the other players on monsters. I hate just calling, since you're inviting the other 2 players to call behind, leaving you with AK OOP and a dry sidepot. If you did that, then depending on the flop texture you can bet, or check/fold, but I think it sucks. As far as how to isolate, I'm not so sure. Maybe just push. If you raise to $10 you're gonna call a push anyways, and pushing here will be a nice image play IMO.

I don't think so. This feels like a Pair. Flip the coin (or start the race) if you want to play.
How can you put him on exactly a pair.This doesn't "feel" like anything. It's online poker, and he's just playing a shortstack. If we have a read that he only pushes with pairs, then ok, but we don't. Saying it "feels" like a pair is meaningless.Nonetheless, if he has a pair, there's enough dead money to shove.
How can you put him on exactly a pair.This doesn't "feel" like anything. It's online poker, and he's just playing a shortstack. If we have a read that he only pushes with pairs, then ok, but we don't. Saying it "feels" like a pair is meaningless.Nonetheless, if he has a pair, there's enough dead money to shove.
You're right, I did somehow miss the fact that the SB only had $4......by "somehow" I mean I had a couple of beers......reviewing, I guess the player to fear here is the MP raiser. Even with the loose play at the table, I don't like the action yet to come. At the end of the day A/K is still just a drawing hand. Unless we think we can isolate, I think this could be a Fold situation.
You're right, I did somehow miss the fact that the SB only had $4......by "somehow" I mean I had a couple of beers......reviewing, I guess the player to fear here is the MP raiser. Even with the loose play at the table, I don't like the action yet to come. At the end of the day A/K is still just a drawing hand. Unless we think we can isolate, I think this could be a Fold situation.
I really don't understand the whole "AK" is a drawing hand thing. It's WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY more than that. It dominates a HUGE portion of any raising range, and is only significantly behind 2 hands, both of which are very unlikely due to the fact that we hold one of each of the cards required to make those hands.I think people say AK is a drawing hand because they find it hard to play postflop when they miss. The preflop equity advantage of this hand can't be denied though, and I think relying on the "it's a drawing hand" cliche is a cop out.***************In this hand, why exactly are we so scared of the original raiser?He opened a pot that was folded to him from MP2? His range is huge, unless he's a total nit.
In this hand, why exactly are we so scared of the original raiser?He opened a pot that was folded to him from MP2? His range is huge, unless he's a total nit.
I agree, we're not. He opened a pot with a standardish raise in middle position, he rarely rarely has aces or kings.
I think we isolate here 99% of the time if we re-raise. MP should only be calling us with AA-KK, probably QQ and maybe JJ. We have an A and K, so AA and KK are unlikely. Even if we are called by a smaller PP the extra money makes up for the fact that we are a slight underdog.