Can Someone Explain The Thinking Behind This Play

hello all. i imagine that someone can come up with a logical explanation of why someone might play this hand in this situation this way. however, i am having a hard time thinking of any good explanations at this point.. here is the situation. blinds 250, antes 25. 2nd to act limps in for 250, and has 11k(44bigblinds). no callers. sixth position takes some time, with 7,500 in chips raises to 2,500(10bb). limper takes a while and moves allin. limper has AJ offsuit, and original raiser calls with KK. so anyway, what situations would make the play by the AJ ok? for what kinds of strategy perhaps does this play make sense?

The logical explaination for this play is that it was either play money or the buy in was $10 or less.

My only guess is that since the raise was 10x the blind, the limper thought that the raiser was trying to steal and really didn't want a call. It's definitely a loose call, but that's a large raise with pocket kings.

It would makes sense if MP (w/ KK) was a weak-tight or solid player that has shown that they laydown. I see a limp in EP as a warning signal (obviously not in this case), but a re-raise might cause for some worry. A lot of SnG players like to limp with their aces and hope someone raises. When they do, they can't wait to go all in. In micro-SnGs and early stages of a MTT, it's always right to go all in with AA or KK, and most of the time QQ. Some donk will always call you with AJo. I've even been called with KTo.I'm assuming the AJ sucked out since you posted this.

I've seen live tournaments where with blinds at 25/50 and starting stacks of 5,000 a guy bet 2,000. Got called by pocket queens and got all his money in after flop.Some guys like to overbet so they can play the "How do you play this game" role while they get action on the rest of their hands at this table.Try it, it works 10-20% of the time, but at your blinds it does seem odd to try to get calls with such bad pot odds.

perhaps the guy was playing a read on me. i mean , i wasnt showing down a lot of bad cards, or many in fact at all, but 20 minutes or so before this hand i was seen playing a big 4k pot with 2c6c as a lp raising 3 limpers. made it like 4bb and 2/3 pot on flop when i cought the flush draw, then i was check raised allin double, so i called and didnt improve..i had the kings btw dont know if i ever said

I keep expecting to open threads like these to see my donkalicous plays on display for all to see. It is +ev everytime I am disappointed not to see my bad play exposed.

:D:D:):):club::):):D

He is a DONKEY or its a MISCLICK.

i really like this answer. i thought i was making a sick, multi level play here, especially after showing down the 26 suited 20 mins earlier. im almost convinced it was 100% a bad play, but im still thinking someone might justify their play here, so thats why i posted. im trying to look thru his opinion, but unfortunately not many people share his opinion
One time I had AA lose to AK all in pre-flop in a tournament when the guy hit two kings on the flop. I didn't feel the need to make a crappy post about it though.
did u read the handle details? while i dont like playing for 40bb preflop with AK much ever, i can condone it somewhat. i can never feel playing 40bb preflop with AJ is justified. your opponent had ak vs aa, happens many times. play more hands. u will see a2 bust aa eventually