There's a place on El Cajon Blvd. that I've thinking about trying out and just wanted to see if anyone has played any stakes there higher than the 1/2NL game? Is the competition there any good, like compared to say Viejas or Sycuan? Are there real players there or dumb college kids going to throw away mommy and daddy's money? I love Sycuan btw, seems like the 2/4NL game is always really juicy. Thoughts anyone?

There is a 10-20 NL game which is usually running but is filled with regulars and for the most part really solid players. The 1-2 NL is filled with like you expected dumb college kids a lot of which are not 21 but they rarely card there so they play anyway. The games are not bad and the room has been upgraded so its nicer than youd think for a cardroom on El Cajon BLVD

the 1/2 is extremely juicy, a few regulars, but mostly new faces. im usually there once a week or so. havn't stepped up to the 5/10 or 10/20. palomoar is an awesome place tho. good luck

So no one played at Sycuan?I went to Sycuan last night at about 7:30 or so. Started off at the only 2/4 NL game they had, and was very up and down. My peak was like 550 and then i lost 2 huge pots when i flopped the nuts both times only to lose to runner-runner twice in a row. That knocked me down to 100, and wouldn't you know this was exactly when the table broke (it was about 3 AM by this point). I was ony down 100 on the night but felt like i could've been up so much more, so I said screw it and went down a level to the 1/2 NL game. On my 1st 1/2 table I won about 100 in 40 minutes and the table broke again. Luckily there was another 1/2 table that had a lot more chips on the table thanks to a couple maniacs. I ended up busting the entire table in about 90 minutes and finished with a profit of 1000. Left at about 6 AM. Long night. Good night.

Check out the village club down in Chulla Vista. The 1-3nl game is really soft. They also have 5-10 nl, some limit table, and omaha. Prettygood spread. Also, I would stay away from palomar card club. Thats on El Cajon. I thought the play was too tight and the 1-2nl game was horrible. 100 max with 5 rake and a must move. I personally didn't like it but the 5-10 nl game wasnt bad. I also played at Vijas. Not bad 1-3nl but it is kinda far out of town. When I went there, that was the only nl game going but they spread more. I don't know of any rooms downtown in the gaslamp but im sure one probably exists. Its not one of the legal ones though. The ones in SD I know of are Palomar, Lucky Lady, Village Club, Sycuan, Vijas, and Oceans 11. I have only played at Palomar, Vijas, and Village Club. Hope this helps.

Well I went to Lucky Lady tonight and there was only one 1 table going for each limit and all of them had a list. So I went down to Palomar to check it out. I only played 1/3NL but max buy-in is actually $200 so most of the players on the table had around $300-400. Pretty juicy game actually for 1/3NL and yes the play was extremely tight (except for one guy who played every pot and hit about 5 full houses in 2 hours). As soon as I figured out everyone I started raising a lot preflop and picked up a bunch of little pots. I was up a couple hundred, then started picking up pocket pairs left and right and only one time flopped a set and never had an overpair. Then pick up pocket aces and get cracked by K 9 because of course he flopped 2 pair (same lucky ******* that kept hitting boats all night) Luckily I was able to fold it on the river. I bet the flop, he calls, I bet the turn, he calls, then I checked the river, he bet, I folded it face up right away and everyone looked at me like I was crazy. (River puts 3 spades out there, but no pair or straight on the board). So he shows K 9 for 2 pair and I basically looked like a genius to those fish. "Oh my god, you folded pocket aces?!?!" Ended the night $40 up.Anyways, lots of fish there, I just couldn't get any big hands to stack those fools.

I don't know when you guys are playing at Palomar, but speaking from expierence, Palomar is about the least tight plaec I've ever played at. It's deliciously juicy. the 1/3 NL there is perfect. Great structure for the table and so many fish. Just stay out of the way of the sharks, and you'll eat just fine I promise. You will get donkstruck there fairly often as people love to push all in with gutshot straight draws or top pair shitty kicker and then hit their kicker on the river. But, if you're running well, you can really clean up in those games.

I haven't played at palomar in a while but when did they change their small game to a 1-3 nl instead of a 1-2? I was there early in the summer and it was still 1-2nl with a 100 max. The max buy in was the one thing I really didn't like b/c it was too small and I thought people were playing tight guarding their small stacks. Also, yes, there were alot of soft players there but I still didn't like it.