Ahl Playoff Final Results

March 13thEDDIE SHACK CONFERENCE:4) Cheap Thieves (Thieves leed 3-2)1.Henrik Sedin, VAN. 02.Jussi Jokinen, DAL. G A3.Olli Jokinen, FLA. 04.Jason Pominville, BUF. G A 5.Mike Johnson, MON. 0 7.Ryan Malone, PIT. G6.Matthieu Schneider, DET. 08.Tom Poti, NYI. 09.Toni Lydman, BUF. 010.Marc-Edouard Vlasic, SJ. 0SAN JOSE -0.51) Shoot Loose1.Evgeni Malkin-pit 02.Eric Staal-car A3.Martin Havlet-chi 04.Tomas Vanek-buf 0 5.Brendon Morrison-van A6.Tuomo Ruttu-chi 07.Phillip Boucher-dal 08.Kimmo Timonen-nas A 9.Joni Pitkanen-phi G10.Sami Salo-van 0DETROIT -1********************Cheap Thieves 3.5Shoot Loose 1.5********************2) Rug Rats 3)Red Ravens (Red Raves win series 4-1)TIGER WILLIAMS CONFERENCE:1) The Big M's (The Big M's lead series 3-2) Vincent LeCavalier - Tam AJason Spezza - Ott G AMarian Gaborik - Minn A Chris Drury - Buff G APavol Demitra - Minn 0Nathan Horton - Fla 0Ryan Whitney - Pitt A A Marc-Andre Bergeron - NYI G A Jay Bouwmeester - Fla 0Matt Carle - SJ ADALLAS -14) Dawgs1.Cory Stillman-Car G 2.Brad Richards-TB G A 3.Robert Lang-Det G A4.Alexei Yashin-NYI G5.Mark Parrish-Min 06.Michael Ryder-Mtl G A7.Tom Preissing-Ott 08.Christian Ehrhoff-SJ A9.Mattias Ohlund-Van 010.Kim Johnsson-Minn 0PHILADEPLPHIA -1.5********************The Big M's 6Dawgs 5.5********************2) Swackers (series win series 4-1)3) Greaseballs

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Shoot Loose boasts another strong lineup in game 6, and the Thieves, without Simon Gagne will see Ryan Malone take his place which is a rather significant set back, especially with the team already down Anze Kopitar. Keys to victory for the Cheap Thieves:1. Nashville at home to Detroit- Nashville is a high scoring team playing at home against a Detroit team that just allowed 6 goals to the Boston Bruins. Keemo Timonen gives Shoot Loose some protection, but a 4 spot is definitely possible.2. The San Jose versus Chicago game- Not ony are the Thieves using the hot San Jose Sharks in net, but they'll also be hosting two of Shoot Loose's top snipers in Martin Havlat and Tuommo Ruttu of the Blackhawks. To counter, the Thieves will go with Marc-Edouard Vlasic, but will sit 21 year old Brent Seabrook since he's on the road against a tough San Jose team. For the Thieves to win, Chicago can't score more than two goals, and if they do, if it's Havlat or Ruutu that could bury them.3. Jussi Jokinen- Jussi has been heating up lately and has the best match up of the night for a forward, playing at home against the Gagneless Philadelphia Flyers. Jussi needs to do what he can to match defenseman Phillipe Boucher who has been hot so far in the playoffs.

Random goaltending notes: The Cheap Thieves are the only team in the league with THREE sets of goalies in the top ten in the NHL:San Jose #5Vancouver #7NY Rangers #10 The Big M's are very close to having that beat:Dallas #2Minnesota #3Ottawa #11 And of course, Shoot Loose has two good sets and one terrible one:New Jersey #1Detroit #5Phoenix #28

detroit plays nashville pretty tough, and you know they'll be all about the defense after that ugly boston game. the defensive matchups is just a complete mismatch. i won't be completely shocked, but moderately suprised if the thieves manage to pull this one out.

After further consideration the Mustangs have decide to support Daniel in this series...HOwever we are not sure yet who we will support for the Championship

After further consideration the Mustangs have decide to support Daniel in this series...HOwever we are not sure yet who we will support for the Championship
I am not quite sure if DN wants you supporting him.

It's all about divisional pride right now. I'm the last team left representing the most colorful division in the league, the Eddie Shack East. We are the most die hard group of sickos in the pool. Actually, Blackdraft belongs in our division, because he's pretty sick too.

Can anyone confirm that Alexei Kovalev has the flu? I need to know also about Mike Johnson's status as well. I have three Habs on my team, two maybe hurt, which would mean that I may need to call up Andrei Kostitsyn from the farm for this game. If I do that, it's pretty safe. I could releasze Adam Foote who is hurt (and sucks) anyway.

Daniel, here is the thing about Kovalev. http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/feature/?fid=10460&hubname=It says he has the flu and didn't go to practice, but it doesn't say his status for tommorow.
I saw that. It looks like Johnson is now fine and playing on the top line with Koivu and Letandresse. If Kovalev doesn't play, I should be able to fill that spot with Mike Johnson.
I saw that. It looks like Johnson is now fine and playing on the top line with Koivu and Letandresse. If Kovalev doesn't play, I should be able to fill that spot with Mike Johnson.
I was curious, so I made a call. Kovalev is probable for tomorrow.
I was curious, so I made a call. Kovalev is probable for tomorrow.
Can you make another call and get someone to kick Samsonov in the ass with a skate on?
Can you make another call and get someone to kick Samsonov in the ass with a skate on?
I'll give you Aaron Downey's phone number.. I'm sure he'd do it for 11 bucks and a copy of Zoolander...

I don't mean to come off as the perverted sicko of the bunch but I really think Speed Limit should change his Avatar to the Piano Dude and move his Avatar to the Signature...cmon man! Display her proudly!Seriously, I'm worried about this pool...there was talk of 'Kissing' or something in another thread...help get these guys heads turned the right way!PLEASE!

<-------- This help?

I don't mean to come off as the perverted sicko of the bunch but I really think Speed Limit should change his Avatar to the Piano Dude and move his Avatar to the Signature...cmon man! Display her proudly!Seriously, I'm worried about this pool...there was talk of 'Kissing' or something in another thread...help get these guys heads turned the right way!PLEASE!

Big Games tonight, one of those nights that I'm dying for Center Ice. If I had to predict I think both the Thieves and Big M's wrap things up neatly. The Thieves game should be close though, comes down to goaltending/defense as usual.