Hello folks,Can you please view this hand and give me your thoughts on how I played. Many thanks.***** Hand History for Game 1830532091 *****15/30 TourneyTexasHTGameTable (NL) (Tournament 10925876) - Fri Apr 01 23:17:07 EST 2005Table Table 12929 (Real Money) -- Seat 7 is the buttonTotal number of players : RisingShark posts small blind (10)shadyo posts big blind (15)** Dealing down cards **Dealt to RisingShark [ 7c, 6s ] Breluc calls (15)BigBobFive0 folds.cutter33 folds.abg51973 folds.PathOfPain folds.tevans311 calls (15)Superpervert folds.RisingShark calls (5)shadyo checks.** Dealing Flop ** : [ 3c, 4c, 6h ] RisingShark bets (65)tevans311 calls (65)** Dealing Turn ** : [ 5c ] RisingShark bets (175)tevans311 raises (780) to 780tevans311 is all-In.RisingShark calls (605)** Dealing River ** : [ 2c ] Creating Main Pot with $1750 with tevans311** Summary **Main Pot: 1750 | Board: [ 3c 4c 6h 5c 2c ]tevans311 balance 1750, bet 860, collected 1750, net +890 [ 2s Ac ] [ a straight flush, five high -- Ac,5c,4c,3c,2c ]RisingShark balance 1795, lost 860 [ 7c 6s ] [ a flush, seven high -- 7c,5c,4c,3c,2c ]

You were 4 to 1 to take it down when you got all of it in the middle. I can't imagine the other guy thinking his wheel was best, but what can ya do? Any club, especially the deuce, makes him. Perhaps he just felt like gambling. I don't think he put you on the 7 6, you had bad position, just a tough spot. You couldn't have played it any differently, just unlucky.

I agree with WRTO, why are you completing, and not putting the pressure on your opponents?As for the turn, I think you have to put him on 78 since he raised you that much. I mean, a 7high straight looks good but sometimes you gotta know when to lay it down. That's what holdems all about. Knowing when to hold em and knowing when to fold em. Experience will teach you more than we can, next time you'll know what to do.

I agree with WRTO, why are you completing, and not putting the pressure on your opponents?As for the turn, I think you have to put him on 78 since he raised you that much. I mean, a 7high straight looks good but sometimes you gotta know when to lay it down. That's what holdems all about. Knowing when to hold em and knowing when to fold em. Experience will teach you more than we can, next time you'll know what to do.
Ok, I see. Why did you at first say stop going all in with the high end of the straight as if to say my play was correct and then you say the above ?

also that thirs club on the turn is a good reason to fold. don't post results as I can see people are giving you advice based on that

offsuit connectors are nothing but trouble, especially out of position. hard to get away from this one though, i'd probably fold the turn raise, putting him on a made flush.
I was in the SB so thought it was worth seeing the flop and for 5 chips I do this for almost any hand! Once the flop came down I thought its worked well for me and the rest is history, thanks for having a look.Cheers.

Yeah, the problem on the turn is 7-8 is one of the most well loved hands in poker, that's what I'd put my opponent on when that 5 comes on the turn, along with making a flush very possibleYour opponent played that hand like ass if it makes you feel any better

Yeah, the problem on the turn is 7-8 is one of the most well loved hands in poker, that's what I'd put my opponent on when that 5 comes on the turn, along with making a flush very possibleYour opponent played that hand like ass if it makes you feel any better
I quite agree, we was a cpmplete idiot that went out shortly afterwards and I came 2nd ! Thnaks.
offsuit connectors are nothing but trouble, especially out of position. hard to get away from this one though, i'd probably fold the turn raise, putting him on a made flush.
I was in the SB so thought it was worth seeing the flop and for 5 chips I do this for almost any hand! Once the flop came down I thought its worked well for me and the rest is history, thanks for having a look.Cheers.
this is the problem with these hands. it definitely was worth it to see a flop, but that turn has to scare you. its hard to get away from, but you've got no read on the villains hand strength. he limped, so its probably not paint cards or a big pair. it could be a small pair which flopped a set, but he probably wouldnt be so aggressive on that scary turn. likely a suited ace or suited connectors, and you've got to put him on AT LEAST a straight, but more likely a flush.

His calling the flop would have told me he was on a flush draw. Raising you on the turn would've told me he hit his flush ( i know he didn't but without looking at the results, I would've assumed he hit his flush).Fold to the re-raise with the 3rd club on the board...I believe when someone re-raises representing the best hand, they have it 80% - 90% of the time (I think I read that in Doyle's book but based on my experience, I would generally agree). Assume he hit his flush and fold.

He turned a straight as well, with the ability to improve to nut or straight flush. You got your money in with the better hand at the time, congratulations I think you played it well and got outdrawn.