Big Slick Suited Early In Mtt.

Hey guys. This was the 4th hand in the tourney.Full Tilt Poker Game #5427406842: $28,000 Guarantee (40584268), Table 101 - 15/30 - No Limit Hold'em - 22:03:16 ET - 2008/02/27Seat 1: nsinger (2,985)Seat 2: bomajo (2,955)Seat 3: ftpBaldo (2,955)Seat 4: STRUKY (2,970)Seat 5: Pepsicolo (3,045)Seat 6: PillyPill (3,000)Seat 7: Ilokcandia_1 (3,000)Seat 8: side_tracked (3,090)Seat 9: Kid_Smile (3,000)STRUKY posts the small blind of 15Pepsicolo posts the big blind of 30The button is in seat #3*** HOLE CARDS ***Dealt to PillyPill [Ah Kh]PillyPill raises to 90Ilokcandia_1 raises to 3,000, and is all inside_tracked foldsKid_Smile foldsnsinger foldsbomajo foldsftpBaldo foldsSTRUKY foldsPepsicolo raises to 3,045, and is all inPillyPill has 15 seconds left to actPillyPill foldsPepsicolo shows [Qc Qs]Ilokcandia_1 shows [Kc As]Uncalled bet of 45 returned to Pepsicolo*** FLOP *** [Jc 8d 6c]*** TURN *** [Jc 8d 6c] [Qh]*** RIVER *** [Jc 8d 6c Qh] [Th]Pepsicolo shows three of a kind, QueensIlokcandia_1 shows a straight, Ace highIlokcandia_1 wins the pot (6,105) with a straight, Ace high*** SUMMARY ***Total pot 6,105 | Rake 0Board: [Jc 8d 6c Qh Th]Seat 1: nsinger didn't bet (folded)Seat 2: bomajo didn't bet (folded)Seat 3: ftpBaldo (button) didn't bet (folded)Seat 4: STRUKY (small blind) folded before the FlopSeat 5: Pepsicolo (big blind) showed [Qc Qs] and lost with three of a kind, QueensSeat 6: PillyPill folded before the FlopSeat 7: Ilokcandia_1 showed [Kc As] and won (6,105) with a straight, Ace highSeat 8: side_tracked didn't bet (folded)Seat 9: Kid_Smile didn't bet (folded)The initial pusher was and insta-push and the other one was a pretty quick call. I just thought with two all ins, and it being this early, it was too much to risk. Results aside, is this normally a good play? I am going to try to post here more often, and figured this was a good start as any. Thanks in advance!

You really shouldn't be gambling your entire stack this early on a DRAWING hand that is usually a small dog except when it is dominating. I realise the results indicate you would have split the pot with the other AK holder, but seriously, man, you just have to remember that AK is not the nuts.

Cool. Thanks everyone!
Nobody gave you the URL to the hand converter:www.flopturnriver.comClick on hand coverter (on the left) and paste the hand history. It just makes it easier for us to read and hides the results so that the opinions you receive won't be influenced by the outcome of the hand.
You really shouldn't be gambling your entire stack this early on a DRAWING hand that is usually a small dog except when it is dominating. I realise the results indicate you would have split the pot with the other AK holder, but seriously, man, you just have to remember that AK is not the nuts.
FTR... what's this "drawing hand" nonsense?The term just seems ambiguous to me.
FTR... what's this "drawing hand" nonsense?The term just seems ambiguous to me.
Its a pretty common derogatory reference to AK in a challenged pot, since its behind to a pair so often and is drawing to an A or K, and because it rarely holds up unimproved except in HU situations.
I hate hate hate hate it when people term things as 'drawing' hands.

If the second guy didn't push, and it was just a single insta-shove, do we still call here? If it's early in a tournament I'm almost always willing to get it in PF with AK so I can get a quick double up, but I've been wondering lately is this is a leak.

If the second guy didn't push, and it was just a single insta-shove, do we still call here? If it's early in a tournament I'm almost always willing to get it in PF with AK so I can get a quick double up, but I've been wondering lately is this is a leak.
It is a leak, imo, but others will say "double up or get out and move on to another tourney". The problem with calling with AK is that to be close to even money against a reasonable pushing range, AQ has to be in that range, and you dont have enough dead money to take a 42:58 shot. Its actually a better call against two players than one, because your hot and cold equity drops by less than half, but youre getting twice as much profit.All in with AK generally only becomes profitable with fold equity, so you have to be the pusher, not the caller.
It is a leak, imo, but others will say "double up or get out and move on to another tourney". The problem with calling with AK is that to be close to even money against a reasonable pushing range, AQ has to be in that range, and you dont have enough dead money to take a 42:58 shot. Its actually a better call against two players than one, because your hot and cold equity drops by less than half, but youre getting twice as much profit.All in with AK generally only becomes profitable with fold equity, so you have to be the pusher, not the caller.
Cop's very valuable math considerations aside. I like playing poker. I'm going to look to take advantage of donks like that later so I'm not rolling the dice here.