I Am Ready For My "you Suck At Poker/life" Comments!

Villain has been playing me super, super aggressively, I have caught him bluffing a few times, but he bets so hard it makes calling with one pair (which is good most of the time) very hard. On the turn, I was thinking of raising, but I thought that I would get more money by just smooth calling and letting him do the betting for me on the river. Am I an idiot? Thanks.Full Tilt No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (2 handed) Full-Tilt Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver Cards)Hero ($86.05)BB ($79)Preflop: Hero is Button with 6s.gif, ac.gif. Hero raises to $1.75, BB calls $1.Flop: ($3.25) 3c.gif, 6h.gif, kd.gif(2 players)BB checks, Hero bets $2, BB raises to $5.5, Hero calls $3.50.Turn: ($14.25) ah.gif(2 players)BB bets $8.5, Hero calls $8.50.River: ($31.25) 2c.gif(2 players)BB bets $22, Hero ?

your good, im sure he has a lower two pair. only way i think your beat is if he played his 4 5 open ended real strong. i just call the river though, no raise just to be safe, already a big pot. i make a min. raise on the turn though, suckers can't get away from a min. raise so they often re-bluff. the min. raise is such a strong play online.

If he's been playing really aggressively, you NEED to raise the turn. If you're gonna call that raise with 2nd pair on the flop, you must get value for your hand to compensate for the times where you don't improve and you have to give up the hand.I think that if you raise the river, you might get called by worse 2 pair hands, but he's mostly repping a set here I guess, so probably flatting the river is best.

Why?We have a showdownable hand, we don't get any value from betting, we're not charging any draws to continue, we're rarely getting calling by a worse hand, we don't want to get raised on the flop, checking allows us to pick of bluffs on the turn or river, value bet later on in the hand, and not get raised of a hand that right now can't stand to play a big pot.

Why?We have a showdownable hand, we don't get any value from betting, we're not charging any draws to continue, we're rarely getting calling by a worse hand, we don't want to get raised on the flop, checking allows us to pick of bluffs on the turn or river, value bet later on in the hand, and not get raised of a hand that right now can't stand to play a big pot.
to protect you hand, you have the best hand a huge percentage of the time. Also it works well for meta game reasons. When you raise preflop and C-bet a large percentage of a time we get into a situation where someone has to raise your c-bet to find out if they are good or not. It gets so much easier to get a villain's stack if you bet a wide range here.

Not saying i'm dead right with any certainty here, but i watched this http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QK4CRL3N video from a 10/20 player and saw how often he checked behind on the flop.I dunno, i'm probably wrong, but i think it's something to consider.

Not saying i'm dead right with any certainty here, but i watched this http://www.megaupload.com/?d=QK4CRL3N video from a 10/20 player and saw how often he checked behind on the flop.I dunno, i'm probably wrong, but i think it's something to consider.
I think 10/20 and the lower limits play a lot differently, as you move up the games get much more aggressive and you are going to get check raised a ton.I think it is a play you can make when you are playing an uber aggressive opponent. Are you sure you realize this is heads up poker? how can you check behind 2nd pair? it is practically the nuts.