Analyze please. Show no mercy.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Hero ($186.25)UTG ($513.35)Villian ($370)Button ($144.85)SB ($525.60)Preflop: Hero is BB with K :club: , K :) . 1 fold, Villian raises to $12, 2 folds, Hero raises to $32, MP =#A500Villian/ calls $20.Flop: ($66) J :D , 3 :D , A :)(2 players)Hero checks, Villian checks.Turn: ($66) T :D(2 players)Hero bets $20, Villian calls $20.River: ($106) 5 :D(2 players)Hero checks, Villian bets $140, Hero folds.Final Pot: $246

I don't hate checking the flop, but if you're gonna c-bet, do it on the flop and don't wait til the turn. Also, your turn bet was super weak.

This is not the stakes I ususally play but I'd say reraise more OOP to about 36-40 and bet flop around 2/3 3/4, the hand should be eaiser to play from then on. There aren't many draws besides gutshot so if he calls/raise you're pretty much done with the hand unless he's very tricky. The thing is, your line doesn't look like you have the ace so you might get bluffed, once you check this flop it really looks like KK/QQ or maybe a set slowplaying...Also, do you have any reads on villain? Once you've cheked the flop the turn bet is way too small you should make it around 45. The way it's been played I'd put him on air some of the time but this could also be some weirdlt/badly played 2 pair/set.

I don't hate checking the flop, but if you're gonna c-bet, do it on the flop and don't wait til the turn. Also, your turn bet was super weak.
Thanks. Agree. I was just really confused as to what was going on.

Ugh.. horrible.this is 2/4 NL?1 - It appears that u bought in with the min amount? if so, are you playing out of your roll? Lets be honest, you cant get mad if you lose a buy-in with KK in a cash game.2 - Preflop I do 2 things. If i'm playing an aggressive player who like to C-bet and push hard post flop, I just smooth call. If i'm playing a guy who will fold everything that misses, I'll re-raise more preflop.The A is a scare card to you, but migt also be to him. He could be raising with low connecting cards, low PP. just looking to juice up his pot if he hits his flop.I say, as played. bet more on the turn. Look at the card, it can give a straight to K,Q which is likely in short handed NL to play it that aggressively, and there are now 2 spades.Any A here will start to worry a little and probably come back over the top. since you showed so much weakness with this hand, i wouldnt be surprised if he has QQ

Ugh.. horrible.this is 2/4 NL?1 - It appears that u bought in with the min amount? if so, are you playing out of your roll? Lets be honest, you cant get mad if you lose a buy-in with KK in a cash game.2 - Preflop I do 2 things. If i'm playing an aggressive player who like to C-bet and push hard post flop, I just smooth call. If i'm playing a guy who will fold everything that misses, I'll re-raise more preflop.The A is a scare card to you, but migt also be to him. He could be raising with low connecting cards, low PP. just looking to juice up his pot if he hits his flop.I say, as played. bet more on the turn. Look at the card, it can give a straight to K,Q which is likely in short handed NL to play it that aggressively, and there are now 2 spades.Any A here will start to worry a little and probably come back over the top. since you showed so much weakness with this hand, i wouldnt be surprised if he has QQ
Thanks for the honest feedback. This hand really confused me - hence why I posted it. As for buying in short, yes, I did and I always do. It works well for me so I'm going to continue doing it. I understand the disadvantages, but i think it has some advantages as well. So I'm going to keep doing it for now.I'm not really upset about losing the money in this hand, nor would I mind getting stacked with KK. I just don't want to get stacked making a "crying call."As for playing above my roll - I sort of am. Again that's not the point to my thread, but I always have at least 25 short buy-ins, or else I move down to 1/2. Maybe this is a bad idea, but again, it's been working well for me. If it stops working, I'll reevaluate.
Thanks for the honest feedback. This hand really confused me - hence why I posted it. As for buying in short, yes, I did and I always do. It works well for me so I'm going to continue doing it. I understand the disadvantages, but i think it has some advantages as well. So I'm going to keep doing it for now.I'm not really upset about losing the money in this hand, nor would I mind getting stacked with KK. I just don't want to get stacked making a "crying call."As for playing above my roll - I sort of am. Again that's not the point to my thread, but I always have at least 25 short buy-ins, or else I move down to 1/2. Maybe this is a bad idea, but again, it's been working well for me. If it stops working, I'll reevaluate.
Dude, dont get me wrong, I've done the short buy-in too, and yes it has its advantages.My issue is that when you play above your roll, even if its just 1 level, U might play a different style than your " A " game. *Please note, i didnt mean making a crying call with "KK" But clearly at this price, ur very scared of losing cash to an Ace. If this was .25 / .50 with 50.00 buy in. how would u play it?My guess is you would probably lead out the flop no? maybe bet the pot on the turn?
Dude, dont get me wrong, I've done the short buy-in too, and yes it has its advantages.My issue is that when you play above your roll, even if its just 1 level, U might play a different style than your " A " game. *Please note, i didnt mean making a crying call with "KK" But clearly at this price, ur very scared of losing cash to an Ace. If this was .25 / .50 with 50.00 buy in. how would u play it?My guess is you would probably lead out the flop no? maybe bet the pot on the turn?
Well, losing $185 has very little effect on my bankroll. I agree the hand was misplayed, but I don't think it was the money. Obvi first thought when an ace hits the board with KK is that you're effed. Anyway, I think it's a tough hand that I misplayed, which is why I posted. But I assure you money isn't the reason it was misplayed.
Well, losing $185 has very little effect on my bankroll. I agree the hand was misplayed, but I don't think it was the money. Obvi first thought when an ace hits the board with KK is that you're effed. Anyway, I think it's a tough hand that I misplayed, which is why I posted. But I assure you money isn't the reason it was misplayed.
yeah it's cuz you didn't stake me to play in the game.. :club:

You cannot check that flop ever if you want to know where you stand in the hand. You an made a fairly small reraise out of the blinds against a player who allready came in raising from pretty early position. What hands does he put you on there, AA-QQ and maybe JJ or AK. That is unless he has a read otherwise, but a reraise out of the blinds is gonna be one of those 4 hands 90% of the time. Unless its an extremely loose player who like to play big pots out of position with marginal cards. Then you don't bet out on an ace high flop. Now, as long as your a fairly tight player who doesn't get out of line much, if I'm the villian in this hand I'm gonna narrow your range down to KK or QQ. Keeping AA or JJ in the back of my mind, but they are both less likely holdings becuase both hit the board.On the turn you make a really weak looking feeler bet, while a set may play it this way, that would recofirm my KK or QQ read. If I've got much of anything in this spot even as bad as like a gut shot straight draw or pair of 10's I'm gonna try to take the pot away from you right here. Now checking the river just reconfirms in the villians mind, we are afraid of that ace. He makes a strong bet over the size of the pot obviously trying to get a fold out of us. But wait, why wait til the river, why not just take the pot on the turn after a check and extremely weak bet. If hes aggressive enough to make a bluff like this purely because we showed weakness, why not do it on the turn, or flop for that matter. I think the river is a good fold, allthough he could be bluffing I think he tries to take it down earlier with a pure bluff. The fact that he just called the turn bet then over bets the river I think hes trying to get paid off with a big hand. It looks like a bluff so why not play JJ or 10's this way. While yes all of this is player dependant, and there are some pretty bad players our there, but lets assume for a minute hes a pretty solid player. No two pair hands make sense for him given his preflop call of the reraise and the way he played other streets, I'd throw KQ into this same grouping and rule out the straight. Because you are such a small stack kills his implied odds to play any of these hands because he doens't get paid enough the times he does gets your stack to play them when he is obviously against a big pair. Any pair is getting close to the right odds because your reraise was so small. I guess we'll never know but I say its AA, JJ, or 1010 here. QQ is a posibility as someone said earlier, but why would he bet so big. I think QQ either puts up a value bet or just checks it down since the pot is allready 1/4 of a buy in. Thoughts?

Analyze please. Show no mercy.PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $4 BB (5 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FCP)Hero ($186.25)UTG ($513.35)Villian ($370)Button ($144.85)SB ($525.60)Preflop: Hero is BB with K :club: , K :) . 1 fold, Villian raises to $12, 2 folds, Hero raises to $32, MP =#A500Villian/ calls $20.Flop: ($66) J :D , 3 :D , A :)(2 players)Hero checks, Villian checks.Turn: ($66) T :D(2 players)Hero bets $20, Villian calls $20.River: ($106) 5 :D(2 players)Hero checks, Villian bets $140, Hero folds.Final Pot: $246
When you're SS'ed, you have to aggress on that flop. Maybe even preflop. The big stacks want you out. They'll even knowingly take chances to fill your seat with someone with money.