I think im much better at Omaha than I really am....very early on. nobody seems to be very good.stacks:RISE ~ 2700CO ~ 2900Button ~ 2900blinds 15/30RISE is MP with A :) 8 :D J :) Q :D PF: 3 folds, RISE calls, 1 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB checksFlop: (t150) A :D 8 :D 5 :club: SB checks, BB checks, RISE bets 100, CO raises to 450, Button calls 450, SB folds, BB folds, RISE raises to 1200....i know top 2 isn't generally great, but the only high im losing to right now is 55. CO could have 234 which would suck for me, but i figured he's more than likely raising a low and button was calling with one. or a naked A.

I think im much better at Omaha than I really am....very early on. nobody seems to be very good.stacks:RISE ~ 2700CO ~ 2900Button ~ 2900blinds 15/30RISE is MP with A :) 8 :D J :) Q :D PF: 3 folds, RISE calls, 1 folds, CO calls, Button calls, SB calls, BB checksFlop: (t150) A :D 8 :D 5 :club: SB checks, BB checks, RISE bets 100, CO raises to 450, Button calls 450, SB folds, BB folds, RISE raises to 1200....i know top 2 isn't generally great, but the only high im losing to right now is 55. CO could have 234 which would suck for me, but i figured he's more than likely raising a low and button was calling with one. or a naked A.
Tighten up....fold preflop. btw even if top 2 is good here, you are probably behind someones wrap or will be behind once all 5 cards come out. most of the time. unless an A pops off on the turn, then youre a genious.
You have top two and are playing for 1/2 the pot at best. I check/fold the flop
1/2 the pot with 3 putting money in is good, no?not if im behind tho, huh....
you're behind 88 as well and even a non raising aa which happens. And as everyone else said you're basically white-knuckling and praying to hold on to a possible chop at best.
I think by 3 betting the flop he is eliminating this possibility (of chopping) unless the others are psychotic. If any more money goes into this pot, I think the hero is a big dog either to a set or wrap. If someone is willing to put in more money than the hero with A8 for a chop, then the hero should fold the flop and look for a much better spot. I think the hero is never chopping, rarely ahead, and almost always giving away half his stack or more.
  • 4 weeks later...

I dont think u should raise with your hand on the flop. At this level your not going to get rid of any type of a draw, especially a big draw like 234. I would recommend just folding/calling the flop with the intention of dumping the hand on the turn if a bad card comes. I like playing more cautiously in omaha. Maybe im wrong!!

this is not the kind of hand you're hoping to get all your chips in this game. I check/ and call a small bet.

Fold preflop. In later stages of a tournament then I might think about open raising if I can get a lot of my chips committed, but at this stage you have no fold equity. Flop: Check Fold ....but if you must bet then bet the pot - anything less screams weakness. Any 2 low cards not on the board are (almost) freerolling you here, any 3 are absolutely. You are in horrible shape against 234 or A23/4B where B>8