• Replies 444
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I heard about the body bag thing too and will be disappointed if they cut it out because they are afraid of the backlash from it. The best way to honour Heaths life would be to make the best movie they can.

4 serious.That's a major moral dilema that is very interesting if it's true. Personally I would want it to make the cut, but I'm not sure of my stance on this really, this may be very very "wrong" to put on screen. but it feels like it would fit right in with the aura already surrounding the film.
I can't remember where I read it, but I hope it stays in. Just cuz Heath is dead, doesn't mean they should change the film.
That's stunt man Scott Roland, and his two lovely daughters, at what appears to be a renaissance faire.
He looks like the dude from Fantastic 4.
I can't remember where I read it, but I hope it stays in. Just cuz Heath is dead, doesn't mean they should change the film.He looks like the dude from Fantastic 4.
I haven't seen the movie, I assume you mean thing? Or the human torch? He very well may have been his stunt double, the man has had a prolific career.
I haven't seen the movie, I assume you mean thing? Or the human torch? He very well may have been his stunt double, the man has had a prolific career.
I think he is referring to Michal Chicklas (sp?) from the Shield who plays the big lumbering orange guy.
That's stunt man Scott Roland, and his two lovely daughters, at what appears to be a renaissance faire.
Who the hell is Scott Roland and why do you care about him or his retarded looking kids beautiful children.
He's been in exactly one movie OR TV show that I've ever seen. Most I haven't ever heard of.Arlington Road (1999) (stunts) (uncredited)I'm assuming that he's your uncle or something.
He's been in exactly one movie OR TV show that I've ever seen. Most I haven't ever heard of.Arlington Road (1999) (stunts) (uncredited)I'm assuming that he's your uncle or something.
Nope, No relation of mine what so ever. Also, his IMDB doesn't really have all of his work. He was in" the Alamo" for christs sake! However, if you're interested in any stunts by him, here's where you can get ahold of him. http://www.productionhub.com/directory/des...spx?item=133724He does excellent work.
Nope, No relation of mine what so ever. Also, his IMDB doesn't really have all of his work. He was in" the Alamo" for christs sake! However, if you're interested in any stunts by him, here's where you can get ahold of him. http://www.productionhub.com/directory/des...spx?item=133724He does excellent work.
When did you go insane?

wow, finally went thru this thread.1. greatest comic movie = Unbreakable...if by greatest you mean BOR-RING then yes. I'd take Xmen anyday...well, maybe not that 3rd one so much. 2. jebus, Health is now the 4th person I've learned that recently died. my goodness...every time I open a thread there's a new dead guy. I'm almost scared to sift thru the forum.3. loved Batman Begins. Batman and Bond had a real nice grittier and bad arse change. whoever said superman was good too tho is wrong. I won't even debate...Superman is so freakin good it's just plain *yawn* oh shitt...I don't even want to get into it.4. psyched to see this flick now...had no idea it was coming out so soon. surprised there's no ads out here in HK yet. TONNES of posters for Hancock tho.

2. jebus, Health is now the 4th person I've learned that recently died. my goodness...every time I open a thread there's a new dead guy. I'm almost scared to sift thru the forum.
He died a while ago. I'm surprised you missed it.
4. psyched to see this flick now...had no idea it was coming out so soon. surprised there's no ads out here in HK yet. TONNES of posters for Hancock tho.
You're in Hong Kong? How hot is it there right now? How are you not sweating your ass off 24/7?
I think he is referring to Michal Chicklas (sp?) from the Shield who plays the big lumbering orange guy.
The Thing.Also, did anybody put up a link to Kevin Smith's review on this movie? I can't remember if I read his review through a link here...but here it is: http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/06/29/kevin-...and-miri-photo/
The Think.Also, did anybody put up a link to Kevin Smith's review on this movie? I can't remember if I read his review through a link here...but here it is: http://www.slashfilm.com/2008/06/29/kevin-...and-miri-photo/
To save people time...
“Without giving anything away, this is an epic film (and trust me: based on the sheer size and scope of the visuals and storytelling, that’s not an overstatement). It’s the “Godfather II” of comic book films and three times more earnest than “Batman Begins” (and fuck, was that an earnest film). Easily the most adult comic book film ever made. Heath Ledger didn’t so much give a performance as he disappeared completely into the role; I know I’m not the first to suggest this, but he’ll likely get at least an Oscar nod (if not the win) for Best Supporting Actor. fucking flick’s nearly three hours long and only leaves you wanting more (in a great way). I can’t imagine anyone being disappointed by it. Nolan and crew have created something close to a masterpiece.”
They had the first 9 minutes online not long ago, I'm sure you can still find it someplace.
I just watched it. It ended at a good place so I think 5 minutes is good enough.

I think it's my love of Batman begins that has me so excited to see this movie. I've been thinking about it all day and I don't even normally like comic book movies.dark_knight_cards_movie_poster.jpg

He died a while ago. I'm surprised you missed it.You're in Hong Kong? How hot is it there right now? How are you not sweating your ass off 24/7?
it's because I'm in HK and so his death was probably a blip in the newspaper entertainment section and I missed it.umm...bout 32 C today and it'll be 33 C tomorrow. pretty freakin hot especially with the humidity. of course prior to this heat was 6-weeks of rain and typhoon. I guess I choose heat but not by much.they invented this awesome device called the air conditioner (sw)
BATMANBack in Black. Pyrotechnics erupt in distance. Guitar solo.
LOL
LOL
My favorite part was when Rachel was fixing the batmobile and the camera was moving up and down her body. It reminded me (which I assume it was supposed to) of the hot scene in Transformers where Megan Fox is fixing the car.