Flopped Boat In .25/.50 On Ps

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)UTG+1 ($49.25)Hero ($36.60)MP2 ($42.20)CO ($7.25)Button ($23.05)SB ($22.95)BB ($35.15)UTG ($62.55)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Jdiamond.gif, Jspade.gif. 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.5, 2 folds, Villain is Button calls $1.50, 2 folds.Flop: ($3.75) Tclub.gif, Jheart.gif, Theart.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Villain checks.Turn: ($3.75) 9heart.gif(2 players)Hero bets $3, Villain calls $3.River: ($9.75) 8heart.gif(2 players)Hero bets $3, Villain raises to $9, Hero????I have no reads on this guy as I am multitabling, but he has been very loose preflop, yet hasn't won much. Feel free to suggest other possible ways to play this hand too.

I tend to flat call in spots like this because it's basically like having the 3rd nut flush as far as I am concerned. When any one of 2 single cards beats you (akin to having the naked Qh on a board with 3 hearts) then you kind of just want to get out of there with the pot if you can.It might be weak, but I'm gonna flat call his raise here.

That is a sick river and the Qh certainly is a possibility because of the flop check and turn call. That said, I probably just call the reraise. If he's got the Ah or a lower boat (less likely), so be it.

Depending on how stupid he is, raising is a bluff most of the time. Just call.Also, definately lead the flop. Let drawing hands pay a bet, plus you can give him the chance to bluff raise you. A paired board makes people do crazy things.

PokerStars No-Limit Hold'em, $0.50 BB (8 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)UTG+1 ($49.25)Hero ($36.60)MP2 ($42.20)CO ($7.25)Button ($23.05)SB ($22.95)BB ($35.15)UTG ($62.55)Preflop: Hero is MP1 with Jdiamond.gif, Jspade.gif. 2 folds, Hero raises to $1.5, 2 folds, Villain is Button calls $1.50, 2 folds.Flop: ($3.75) Tclub.gif, Jheart.gif, Theart.gif(2 players)Hero checks, Villain checks.Turn: ($3.75) 9heart.gif(2 players)Hero bets $3, Villain calls $3.River: ($9.75) 8heart.gif(2 players)Hero bets $3, Villain raises to $9, Hero????I have no reads on this guy as I am multitabling, but he has been very loose preflop, yet hasn't won much. Feel free to suggest other possible ways to play this hand too.
Please don't check the flop. You start the unloading of chips into the pot on the flop and he has to autocall your river shove. As it is, he might still shake off the hook.Oh, and yeah, you gotta call.
Please don't check the flop. You start the unloading of chips into the pot on the flop and he has to autocall your river shove. As it is, he might still shake off the hook.Oh, and yeah, you gotta call.
On second thought, there are a ton of hands he can have that call a bet on the flop. i like a flop bet I know a c-bet can look just as weak as it does strong. But we need to at least let villain catch up a little. the only thing he will call is J,Q KJ AJ, A,10, K,10 Q,10 J,10at least if he has AQ, AK big heart, we give him a chance to catch a little.but, on the other hand, i like a bet to help build a pot.

I really hate when people check flops like this.If you had AK would you bet here? 77?If you have JJ and the flop is 268r are you betting?I really see no reason to change your play here and check. I suppose if you're checking a lot of flops HU after raising pf, then ok, but personally, I'm c-betting almost all of the time HU, so checking now would set off huge alarms.

as well as letting the Sf draw mature for peanuts.
Well that and there's like 2 million draws on this board that you'll get action from, as well as any T and sometimes the case J, etc.
I really hate when people check flops like this.If you had AK would you bet here? 77?If you have JJ and the flop is 268r are you betting?I really see no reason to change your play here and check. I suppose if you're checking a lot of flops HU after raising pf, then ok, but personally, I'm c-betting almost all of the time HU, so checking now would set off huge alarms.
Absolutely I am c betting on the above actions. You are basically hoping your opponent missed and your cards don't matter unless they call. Very good point you bring up. No reason to change.Yeah I agree with making the flop bet. Honestly I was hoping to check raise because of all possibilities of that board, but I should have just led out. I was trying to bait him with my check like I was scared of the TT on board, to no avail. I tend to get a little FPS in these little games which I know is dead wrong.I probably should have led out for more on the river too. But even if he shoves, I am a donk and would still call. I thought about shoving instead of calling on the river, but that is just longterm -ev. Very scary river though and I am glad it was .25/.50I just called and he had KhQc and I took the pot. Too bad he didn't shove after turning the straight.
Well that and there's like 2 million draws on this board that you'll get action from, as well as any T and sometimes the case J, etc.
ya, you're either making money here, or moving more quickly to the next hand. and more hands mean more money, right?
Depending on how stupid he is, raising is a bluff most of the time. Just call.Also, definately lead the flop. Let drawing hands pay a bet, plus you can give him the chance to bluff raise you. A paired board makes people do crazy things.
Bluffing what? All that beats us is TT or the straight flush, and attempting to bluff someone off either of these hands is insanity
Bluffing what? All that beats us is TT or the straight flush, and attempting to bluff someone off either of these hands is insanity
Bluffing ATC, obv.He doesn't mean us bluffing, he means the other guy is bluffing.

Playing the hand the way I did....what should I have done on the river? I know I didn't bet very much, but it was kind of a feeler bet and didn't really view it as a value bet because I had the 4th nuts...which in this case was pretty vulnerable.

Playing the hand the way I did....what should I have done on the river? I know I didn't bet very much, but it was kind of a feeler bet and didn't really view it as a value bet because I had the 4th nuts...which in this case was pretty vulnerable.
Tempted to min-raise him, which will make him shove if he has any sense at all. Which we call and win. Or he calls and we win. Or he folds and we win. Is that too results-oriented? SF-es are rare because people don't get them a lot. I don't bet in fear of SF-es. Unless you are incredibly DS-ed, you'll make more money not fearing them than you will by fearing them. IMHO

Why wouldn't you check the flop in this hand? You've got the deck crippled. If he has to catch perfect, perfect running SF to beat me, then so be it because I want him to catch up. Betting the flop here doesn't make a lot of sense because if he has a good hand, like AA, KK (unlikely) or QQ then he'll bet if we check anyway. If he has AK or AQ we'll force him out unnecessarily. I realize there is a lot of draws, but you'll also make more checking and letting even more cards that make him something fall on the turn. I kind of feel its nuts to bet him out if he has AK or AQ with a heart. If he has AK or AQ with a heart and lands a decent turn card, you can extraction bet him down. Also, if he is a player, he'll bet his draws for us. 98s, KQ, xhxh are all hands he could have and if he is a decent player, he might lead with them with position when we just check like we bricked a set mine with a MPP, or don't c-bet AK and act like a donk. :club: It's starting to get outdated, but this is Super System 101. In this case, the runners were horrific for your flopped hand which is ney unbeatable. If you lose to a straight flush here, thats too bad, but it will most likely never happen to you again.As played, I would almost never reraise here because your hand was massively weakened by the runners, but you do get paid by the nut flush, king flush, and a smaller boat.