Getting Burned Out And Taking Breaks

Anyone get burnt out from online? Im going through a period now where I have absolutely no desire to play at all, i mean none what so ever. This coming off the past 3 months where i played almost 95% of the days and played, frankly whenever i could. I was just wondering if anyone goes through these kind of periods, and how long they last because frankly i can't see myself playing again for a very long time. jack

Anyone get burnt out from online? Im going through a period now where I have absolutely no desire to play at all, i mean none what so ever. This coming off the past 3 months where i played almost 95% of the days and played, frankly whenever i could. I was just wondering if anyone goes through these kind of periods, and how long they last because frankly i can't see myself playing again for a very long time. jack
I think youll find yourself crawling back to your computer quicker than you think

I am going through the same thing. Still happening, so I can't chime in on how long it will last, but I believe the conventional wisdom on the topic is to switch games, switch between cash/tournaments, switch limits (fixed/nl), or if you can, play live if you are getting sick of playing online as is the case with me.

I am going through the same thing. Still happening, so I can't chime in on how long it will last, but I believe the conventional wisdom on the topic is to switch games, switch between cash/tournaments, switch limits (fixed/nl), or if you can, play live if you are getting sick of playing online as is the case with me.
This is good advice if your looking for a change of pace but still feel like playing. When I went through my longest downswing ive ever had I just didnt play for about 10 days and caught up on movies, tv and hung out with friends doing other stuff besides poker. Take as long as it takes if you dont play for the rent and do other stuff that is more fun at the time than poker.

yes, i do very easily. i hate online poker compared to live poker.But, its the convenience factor, and donkey factor, and well. tournament / games factor also.with that said, when i do get burned out of playing online, i play live. which i've been doing lately

I once took a break of 3 days. Got back into WoW. I almost never got back out of that world but I did. There are worst things than online poker...
It happends. I play chess and i havn't really played much since i have taken to poker. One day however i passed a chess board in a friends place and i was back in the fold. Anything that you can play for 95% of your day for 3 months will never leave you for more then a year. Mabye you wont be playing but you will be checking on DN during the WSOP or watching a TV poker show in less then a year. It might be 2 yr before you actually play but they are extremes and the over under would be at 7 months.