Poker Wisdom From The Pros

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

lol @ this thread...Seriously people?Simo rulez.
lol at youyour pretentious arrogance and belief that the fact that you believe that "Simo rulez" is by no means conclusive evidence of anythingI have no problem with Simo; however, I disagree with Simo on the Hellmuth point; And I think the spelling point and conversation in this forum is inane and unnecessary (see the fact that you spelled rulez with a "z" for evidence of that); people typing online simply are not worried about spelling;so now I am sure that you will tell me that you are a more valued poster than I and that my post count suggests that my opinion doesn't matter; Seriously Zach? No one ever disagree with you before?

I feel I should add a public personal note to Zach; I do not usually read blogs that are posted here, however, I just felt compelled to read yours and after reading your trials and tribulations I have a lot of respect for what you are trying to do and for your motivation;I am very much just a recreational occassional player (mostly home games and in Vegas), but I respect your efforts to grind it up; I for one would be unable to take that risk (I have chosen a school-educated path for myself and I openly admit that while I enjoy gambling, I would not have the courage to take the risk to be a full-time poker player);Anyways, I still disagree with your posts in this thread, but I respect what you are trying to do and I sincerely wish you the best of luck in your conquests (or what I hope will be your conquests);

I disagree with Simo on the Hellmuth point
I don't even know what point I'm making.Hellmuth is a fantastic player. That's not even in question.I guess I just feel that Hellmuth has vastly overperformed in the WSOP, and that you can't tell too much from bracelet count.

To me the incredible thing about Hellmuth here is to imagine what his results could look like if he was willing to tweak his game and acknowledge that there are areas he could work on. But its rather obvious that he feels his game is near perfection as is.