2007 Bellagio Wpt Championship ***update Thread***

• Replies 780
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Daniel Negreanu BustsOn a board of 2d-3d-2s, Daniel Negreanu bets $12k. The player in seat 2 calls, and seat 3 raises $16k more. Negreanu calls. The turn is the Qc, and Negreanu moves in for $37.5k. His opponent thinks for a minute or two and makes the call, showing 5c2c. The river is another Q, and Negreanu is busted.

Daniel Negreanu BustsOn a board of 2d-3d-2s, Daniel Negreanu bets $12k. The player in seat 2 calls, and seat 3 raises $16k more. Negreanu calls. The turn is the Qc, and Negreanu moves in for $37.5k. His opponent thinks for a minute or two and makes the call, showing 5c2c. The river is another Q, and Negreanu is busted.
hmmm 56dd A4dd A5dd?
What did Daniel have?
4-5 diamonds?big diamonds?big pair? im assuming no big pair if 2-5c was in the pot which would indicate no large preflop raise ..obviously no Q

Pokerlistings.com:Daniel Negreanu ships it all-in on a board of 3-2-2-Q and shows A-3 for two pair. His opponent calls with 5-2, however, and the trips are good to take out Kid Poker after the river is a blank. -------How could he risk all his chips with a pair of 3's? Don't understand that play.

Daniel Negreanu ships it all-in on a board of 3-2-2-Q and shows A-3 for two pair. His opponent calls with 5-2, however, and the trips are good to take out Kid Poker after the river is a blank. How could he risk all his chips with a pair of 3's? Don't understand that play.
interesting....i'll be curious of this thinking here as well. Obviously it was very read dependant.
interesting....i'll be curious of this thinking here as well. Obviously it was very read dependant.
No, I think it was just a play.I mean the guy raised the flop. What can his 3's beat? Just a bad spot to try a move.
Oops, meant to post he had A3.All of the other media outlets got that hand from me, too, go figurehaha :Dplayers are now on break
Pokerlistings.com:Daniel Negreanu ships it all-in on a board of 3-2-2-Q and shows A-3 for two pair. His opponent calls with 5-2, however, and the trips are good to take out Kid Poker after the river is a blank. -------How could he risk all his chips with a pair of 3's? Don't understand that play.
Obviously it seems horrible if we just look at this one hand without knowing anything else. But there is a good chance DN had a read that his opponent was on a hand like 66-JJ or a draw and he was sure that he could get him to fold his hand with a turn shove when the overcard hit. He was probably also thinking there was no way his shove was getting called unless the guy had trips+, unfortunately the line villian took tends to be a pretty huge hand more often than not.Doesn't look like a great spot at first glance, but I'm sure there will be a reasonable explanation.

Daniel had 65k before that play. He was still in the thick of things. His small ball motto is; accumulate chips without risking your tournament life.That's why that play is hard to understand. Maybe he had a really bad read on that player.

That's why that play is hard to understand. Maybe he had a really bad read on that player.
im gonna go with the DN is an inpatient donk theory until he clears things up .. Discuss ..lol jk sw

chip counts:looshle: $124kJC: $140kAl Smooth: $130kWaco: $180kwe're going to start trakcing Tom West (Tmay's brother) and Shannon Shorr for FCP as well

His small ball motto is; accumulate chips without risking your tournament life.
Yes but you have to realize he uses his image of "Always plays small pots unless I have a huge hand" to exploit his opponents and occasionally make huge bluffs. He does make big bluffs, just got called this time. (I'm not really defending his A3 play just saying that s hit happens and everyone runs big unsuccessful bluffs from time to time)
chip counts:looshle: $124kJC: $140kAl Smooth: $130kWaco: $180kwe're going to start trakcing Tom West (Tmay's brother) and Shannon Shorr for FCP as well
This is actually how he introduces himself to people.

he mentioned that he thought his opponent might have had a diamond draw or a pair smaller than queens.i don't know what happened preflop, but i think it might have been a limped pot? i'm not sure. his opponent was in the hijack seat and DN was UTG. if his opponent had a diamond draw, he's probably folding, and if he had 66-TT he's probably folding also

he mentioned that he thought his opponent might have had a diamond draw or a pair smaller than queens.i don't know what happened preflop, but i think it might have been a limped pot? i'm not sure. his opponent was in the hijack seat and DN was UTG. if his opponent had a diamond draw, he's probably folding, and if he had 66-TT he's probably folding also
What if his opponent had a deuce or a queen? is he folding there?
He's down to 25k after a self described 'obv crappy level'.klsdjfkl;asjdf;lasdf

Sam Farha Big Ballin'On a J74 flop, a player in seat 10 bets $2,000. Freddy Deeb folds. Sam Farha raises to $8,000. Seat 10 reraises to $18,000. Farha re-reraises to $38,000. Seat 10 moves all in. Farha insta-calls. Seat 10 shows the J5 and Farha turns over the J7. The turn brings the 10 and the river is the 3. Farha now has $370,000.As Seat 10 stands to leave, Deeb laughs, "That guy just gave him $120,000. I think he has 10% of Farha." :club: