What To Do In This Spot?

Home cash game, UTG has some experience at O8 (and is generally a good poker player), I have a little, and the rest of the table are pretty new to it. They do not make good decisions and are certainly hard to read.Hero is in BB.Hero is dealt Ac As 3s 4dUTG raises pot, 3 callers to me, I pot it looking to either take it down there (it's a pretty passive PF game and there is little gambling PF, I actually expected this to work) or isolate. UTG calls (commenting that he's committed to the pot now), EP hems and haws forever before mucking, Button repots, putting Hero and UTG all in if they call.Hero ??? I fully expect UTG to call.

insta-call!!You're only a dog if one of them has the other 2 aces(and some other powerful hands in opposition), but I'd imagine that you have odds to call even in that scenario. It's a call.

Call. Sure, there are some combinations of hands the two villains could have that are annoying to us, but in general you have to be ok with being all in preflop with AA34 almost every time. If I had to I would guess that UTG has some combination of A2xx and button has high drawing hand (KKQJss), but really I have no clue. Regardless, you have to call and just take your medicine (re: some good wine and a smokeroo) if you lose.I haven't played much in about 8 months though, so I'm really rusty. It hurts my brain a bit just thinking about it.

Yeah, okay thanks for everyone reassuring me that results don't matter (yeah right, I want my money back!)UTG: Ad 2h Kh KdButton: Ah 2d 6h 8c (note: play him again and again and again and again....) UTG wins HI with nut flush and quarters button for nut low.

Omaha Hi/Low 8-or-better: 500000 sampled boardscards		   scoop   HIwin   HIlos  HItie  LOwin   LOlos   LOtie	 EV  As 3s  Ac  4d  153821  228107  271753	140  71675  139157	3013  0.418  Ad Kd  Kh  2h   99569  137839  360078   2083	  0   24088  160618  0.319  8c 2d  Ah  6h   45758  131831  365946   2223   5049   68960  160618  0.263

How big a favourite can you expect to be PF in O8 anyways?

How big a favourite can you expect to be PF in O8 anyways?
Against two players? Not very big...depending on the game it sometimes is better to stay away from committing too much preflop. That said, when you have a great hand you still need to push early if given the chance. You played if correctly IMO.
Against two players? Not very big...depending on the game it sometimes is better to stay away from committing too much preflop. That said, when you have a great hand you still need to push early if given the chance. You played if correctly IMO.
Thats what I thought. I really didn't expect anyone to call my raise, but I was pretty sure I had the hand to back it up if someone did. UTG was not happy about calling, and nearly mucked. I still would have lost to button (assuming he calls) but what are you going to do?
what are you going to do?
Have a drink, play in that game for as many hours as humanly possibly, and stay away from UTG. That's SUPER tight to be reluctant to call your initial pot bet.

This is a perfect outcome for you pre-flop: As you are OOP, you really want to be able to get all-in before the flop or when you lead out after it, so you can't be outplayed. (If stack sizes are too big for this to happen then you need to modify your play).

This is a perfect outcome for you pre-flop: As you are OOP, you really want to be able to get all-in before the flop or when you lead out after it, so you can't be outplayed. (If stack sizes are too big for this to happen then you need to modify your play).
Love your avatar.
the bolded part here is very, very important to concentrate on as you learn plo8. understanding this point is going to really help you learn the value of position (which is more important than the cards you hold) in plo8.
the bolded part here is very, very important to concentrate on as you learn plo8. understanding this point is going to really help you learn the value of position (which is more important than the cards you hold) in plo8.
I don't think it's the perfect outcome because he's out of position. It's the perfect outcome because he's getting it all in with the best hand.Would you want to get all in with a lesser hand just because you were OOP? Would you not want to get it all in with a monster just because you had the button?I'm not denying the importantance of position, I'm just saying that the best part about what happened was getting two callers to an all in who had lesser hands, regardless of the positions involved.Some people would say being happy to get it all in preflop so you can't be outplayed after is a sign of weakness - i.e. I'm no good after the flop so let's throw all the money in now so I don't have to think for the rest of the hand.
I don't think it's the perfect outcome because he's out of position. It's the perfect outcome because he's getting it all in with the best hand.Would you want to get all in with a lesser hand just because you were OOP? Would you not want to get it all in with a monster just because you had the button?I'm not denying the importantance of position, I'm just saying that the best part about what happened was getting two callers to an all in who had lesser hands, regardless of the positions involved.Some people would say being happy to get it all in preflop so you can't be outplayed after is a sign of weakness - i.e. I'm no good after the flop so let's throw all the money in now so I don't have to think for the rest of the hand.
It's Pot Limit rather than No Limit, so your ability to manipulate pot size OOP is much more constrained.I want to get all-in OOP with a good but VULNERABLE hand when I have good players behind me.Let's say your pfr gets 10% of your stack in and the button calls.Flop comes 2 high without 2 of your aces' suits. You lead out (30% of your starting stack committed now) and button re-pops you all-in.....how do you feel now?Also, under these circumstances, while I don't mind being all-in against 2 others, I prefer HU since the equity distribution when going from 3 to 2 is likely to be heavily in my favor.
Also, under these circumstances, while I don't mind being all-in against 2 others, I prefer HU since the equity distribution when going from 3 to 2 is likely to be heavily in my favor.
Agreed. Against two guys whom you are indidually 60/40 against, you can be as bad as 36/64 against both. Getting the hand noted above all in against only one of the other opponents would be nice. Although, one must remember that you would then have a higher equity, but of a smaller pot.
Agreed. Against two guys whom you are indidually 60/40 against, you can be as bad as 36/64 against both. Getting the hand noted above all in against only one of the other opponents would be nice. Although, one must remember that you would then have a higher equity, but of a smaller pot.
this is still a good spot?

I'm glad to see this topic is still getting some discussion.AA34 has turned into a frustrating little hand for me. Picked it up 4 times today, and this is the only one that really worked out.I don't play very much limit, so would anyone like to comment on this? Should I be looking to CR at some point here?PokerStars 0.50/1.00 Omaha/8 (10 handed) Hand History Converter Tool from FlopTurnRiver.com (Format: FlopTurnRiver)Preflop: Hero is SB with 4diamond.gif, Aclub.gif, Adiamond.gif, 3diamond.gif. 1 fold, UTG+1 calls, 1 fold, MP1 calls, 1 fold, MP3 calls, CO calls, 1 fold, Hero raises, 1 fold, UTG+1 calls, MP1 calls, MP3 calls, CO calls.Flop: (11 SB) 9diamond.gif, 8diamond.gif, Aspade.gif(5 players)Hero bets, UTG+1 folds, MP1 calls, MP3 folds, CO calls.Turn: (7 BB) 2spade.gif(3 players)Hero bets, MP1 calls, CO folds.River: (9 BB) 9heart.gif(2 players)Hero bets, MP1 calls.Final Pot: 11 BB

Should I be looking to CR at some point here?
spots to c/r in O8 are unique to table IMO. typcially (and especially this board and hand) ensure you get the most value. missing a bet on this hand is a way bigger mistake than missing a check-raise.nh. i haven't had a hand like this in awhile :club:

ouch8-it's conceivable that you could c/r every street in that hand.BUT (and this is a huge BUT) the biggest thing to consider when deciding whether to c/r is not your hand or your deception value, but rather the tendencies of the other players involved and their relative position to you. on the flop, a c/r instead of lead gets a LOT more money in the pot when it works, so i'd be more likely to do it there than on other streets. but still, as navy said, the whoopsie of not getting any money in is very important to consider, so if you have any real worry of it checking around, just lead away.for instance, there is a guy at my table tonight that i've c/red about 25 times in a 500 hand session. he's right to my left and extremely aggressive. but on the other table i'm playing, i've only c/red once all night. it really depends on who you're playing against and how reliably they'll bet for you more than anything else.