An Atheist Scientist Turns To God

Because the religious in this country are continuing to attempt to infuse themselves into politics... and the worst of them are trying to completely just take over.
I call dibs on JM's house and car when we give him the boot.Enjoy Cuba you communist sympathizer
  • Replies 217
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

see thats what I mean. Do you think blue whales think to themselves as they swim through a swarm of krill...."ya know what, I'm kinda being a pig....I hope the other whales don't ostracize me."Other side of the spectrum...an ant in a neat column delivering food to his/her colony. "OMG THAT NIKE IS GONNA FALL RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF OUR COLUMN! We're all gonna die!" Evolution does not explain our desire to seek fulfillment, religion does. Evolution is the survival of the fittest evolving to adapt to their environment. There is nothing on this earth that would propogate evolution so that we have complex thinking of our existence, distinction between right and wrong. What triggered that distinction, you might ask...I say God. There is no other explanation. The knowledge of right and wrong, good and evil is not necessary for survival. It came from somewhere else, and evolution is not the answer.
Actually there is some evidence that certain animals do have some sense of fairness and right and wrong.Here some video proof that shows that monkeys do not like to get cheated at blackjack
Not to stir the pot but:God invented science.
This thinking reminds me of the bill hicks speech about dinosaurs. Science is here to test my faith. here is the joke if you havnt seen it http://youtube.com/watch?v=-qmglGWMsdkWhen i think of things as god inventing it then i really hope that the god doing all that is not the christian one. A Christian god inventing two other gods to fight over the same bit of land. Pretty sick. ( middle east) Of course i dont think anyone thinks that god is that Influential in everyday mundane activities. Like science
how many times do i have to post
video.
This thinking reminds me of the bill hicks speech about dinosaurs. Science is here to test my faith. here is the joke if you havnt seen it http://youtube.com/watch?v=-qmglGWMsdk
Both of those were excellent clips, the second one was hilarious. If there is a god that planted all this evidence to test our faith, why the heck does he make it impossible to believe in him? He didn't stop at planting dinosaurs, he also gave us carbon dating, to use as a tool to prove that dinosaurs are millions of years old. Quite the prankster that god!
I call dibs on JM's house and car when we give him the boot.Enjoy Cuba you communist sympathizer
Enjoy my 96 ford taurus with 162k miles on it :club:
Both of those were excellent clips, the second one was hilarious. If there is a god that planted all this evidence to test our faith, why the heck does he make it impossible to believe in him? He didn't stop at planting dinosaurs, he also gave us carbon dating, to use as a tool to prove that dinosaurs are millions of years old. Quite the prankster that god!
I'll let your side pull you aside and tell you why you need to not say this again. :club: So God invents science, and that means he is trying to test you or fool you? That's you're interpretation, and anyone you want to point to. That's not my point.God made laws, like gravity. You can say that mass equals gravity all you want, but that doesn't prove or disprove the law, it just clarifies it.We have no concepts of so many basic things about life, yet you guys are comppletely comfortable saying...oh we don't know but we'll figure it out, so until them I will trust that science is right, and faith is wrong.I am equally comfortable saying Faith in Christ is right, science will one day come around.Since we're both waiting, let's just make fun of the mormons......
I'll let your side pull you aside and tell you why you need to not say this again. :club: So God invents science, and that means he is trying to test you or fool you? That's you're interpretation, and anyone you want to point to. That's not my point.God made laws, like gravity. You can say that mass equals gravity all you want, but that doesn't prove or disprove the law, it just clarifies it.We have no concepts of so many basic things about life, yet you guys are comppletely comfortable saying...oh we don't know but we'll figure it out, so until them I will trust that science is right, and faith is wrong.I am equally comfortable saying Faith in Christ is right, science will one day come around.Since we're both waiting, let's just make fun of the mormons......
Meanwhile, at a University in Virginia, where daily attempts are made to debunk God and make him a liar, man has no choice but to turn to God. No choice whatsoever. You can say what you will, but when the **** hits the fan God is and has always been the answer. I wouldn't be suprised if there is a small contingency of hardcore atheists in Virginia right now just seething at the travesty of the gathering today- God is not real they will say, all you robots are a sad lot- never realizing that the only one missing out is themselves.

In what way does God help the poor souls in Virgina? In what way does he help those who mourn. I tell you what: They comfort themselves by saying that god works in mysterious ways, that this was a part of his great plan, when the plain fact is staring them right in the face. This was an insane act by a human. This deranged human did this for several reasons, some of the most obvious being that he was insane and that he had access to a gun. Weak gun laws and humans kill people, not God.The only thing the belief in God provides is comfort that there is a higher reason.

In what way does God help the poor souls in Virgina? In what way does he help those who mourn. I tell you what: They comfort themselves by saying that god works in mysterious ways, that this was a part of his great plan, when the plain fact is staring them right in the face. This was an insane act by a human. This deranged human did this for several reasons, some of the most obvious being that he was insane and that he had access to a gun. Weak gun laws and humans kill people, not God.The only thing the belief in God provides is comfort that there is a higher reason.
You will never know how he helps unless you allow yourself to. The lord does work in mysterious ways, but not in this case. This case is pretty straightforward. You want to deny me? You want to put me to the side, take me out of the equation, take me out of your schools and put every effort into reduceing me to nothing while you go about your lives? Well, maybe for one day I won't protect your children, what you find sacred I will lift my hand and let it be destroyed right in front of you. Then, let's see who it is you turn to. Lets' see who you gather to speak to and seek comfort from. Let's see who you call for help. Yes, God works in mysterious ways, but sometimes he just hits you with a brick.
Of course, you had to add your mindless ramblings about gun control. Theres a thread for that, keep that nonsense in there.
You will never know how he helps unless you allow yourself to. The lord does work in mysterious ways, but not in this case. This case is pretty straightforward. You want to deny me? You want to put me to the side, take me out of the equation, take me out of your schools and put every effort into reduceing me to nothing while you go about your lives? Well, maybe for one day I won't protect your children, what you find sacred I will lift my hand and let it be destroyed right in front of you. Then, let's see who it is you turn to. Lets' see who you gather to speak to and seek comfort from. Let's see who you call for help. Yes, God works in mysterious ways, but sometimes he just hits you with a brick.
just more proof showing your crazy, indoctrinating, fundamentalist naturemore innocent people die all over the world every day and god is hitting us with a brick at VT? yeah, that makes tons of sense
just more proof showing your crazy, indoctrinating, fundamentalist naturemore innocent people die all over the world every day and god is hitting us with a brick at VT? yeah, that makes tons of sense
`It won't to you. It will to most believers.
What about the shootings in that amish school. I guess the "brick" answer would be that they had the wrong religion. Please NEVER EVER try to find the "mysterious" way for yourself. We as humans cant comprehend it if there is a reason and you just piss off alot of people who dont believe your whack job reason. Lets say that yes we are getting punished for ignoring him. Why only kill 33. That is only .00001% of the US population. Why not a 40 day flood or every first born. Sorry for the macabre tone of this reply but i am get digusted when people put their political or theological agenders on tragedies.
What about the shootings in that amish school. I guess the "brick" answer would be that they had the wrong religion. Please NEVER EVER try to find the "mysterious" way for yourself. We as humans cant comprehend it if there is a reason and you just piss off alot of people who dont believe your whack job reason. Lets say that yes we are getting punished for ignoring him. Why only kill 33. That is only .00001% of the US population. Why not a 40 day flood or every first born. Sorry for the macabre tone of this reply but i am get digusted when people put their political or theological agenders on tragedies.
You miss the point completely. God didn't kill anybody- he allowed it. 33 dead- how many effected? Thousands, really hundreds of thousands, wehen you consider the media coverage. How many showing up just at VT alone today for prayer ceremonies throughout the day? Roughly 40,000. Try to keep God out of schools- you don't hear that now, do you? Make no mistake, God will be honoured, he will be bowed down to, whether we do it now or when we die. I don't care whether or not someone gets pissed off- they get pissed off at the very idea of God, and the message is lost on them. I don't say these things for them, I say them for the ones who are receptive. Never, ever try to find the reason for myself? I don't even have a reply for that, that is about as opposite of the way of God as you can possibly get. Always try and see the reasons, each situation in life can be used for the betterment of ones self, no matter how tragic the consequences.
You miss the point completely. God didn't kill anybody- he allowed it. 33 dead- how many effected? Thousands, really hundreds of thousands, wehen you consider the media coverage. How many showing up just at VT alone today for prayer ceremonies throughout the day? Roughly 40,000. Try to keep God out of schools- you don't hear that now, do you? Make no mistake, God will be honoured, he will be bowed down to, whether we do it now or when we die. I don't care whether or not someone gets pissed off- they get pissed off at the very idea of God, and the message is lost on them. I don't say these things for them, I say them for the ones who are receptive. Never, ever try to find the reason for myself? I don't even have a reply for that, that is about as opposite of the way of God as you can possibly get. Always try and see the reasons, each situation in life can be used for the betterment of ones self, no matter how tragic the consequences.
Your right you should look for the reason. I just dont agree with yours. Allowing 33 dead for a small amount of praise for a breif period ( they will forget about it like most events with time, remember September 4, 2004 Beslan school hostage crisis in Russia - 344 killed). Didnt the vengeful god die during the old testament and get replaced with the forgiving one of the new.
We come to "your" forum because you knock on our doors. Maybe we are here doing gods work by strengthing your faith. probly not but ay everything happends for a reason. probly not though. Really though what would you talk about in here if it wasnt for us. could you really stand this forum if it was just a thumbs up club.
K that has some sense to it, you've got a point. The posts before this one all i got was blah blah blah blah blah blah blah....oh yah...and blah. For the record I don't knock on anyones door, it doesn't effect my life in the least bit knowing there is atheists out there, and I don't feel the need to berate them and point out how atheism is ruining the world.
Your right you should look for the reason. I just dont agree with yours. Allowing 33 dead for a small amount of praise for a breif period ( they will forget about it like most events with time, remember September 4, 2004 Beslan school hostage crisis in Russia - 344 killed). Didnt the vengeful god die during the old testament and get replaced with the forgiving one of the new.
No, what gave you that idea? He does still send people to hell, doesn't he? It isn't about praise, it's about what is due him, and that is for every kneee to bow. This is such a small sample of what will happen before it is to late. His plan is to bring the whole world to it's knees- not a vengeful God? Also, I should amend my statement- many believers won't buy into what I am saying, that being said many believers don't really buy into everything that God is, either. God is love, yes, but God is also capable of bringing your worst fears true if he thinks it will save your soul. Most people can't stomach that type of God, most people are being fed a version of God that is a watered down lie.
Definitely not because he is pisssed at America for keeping him out of schools."Render unto Ceaser what is Ceaser's, and unto God what is God's." -JC
And if they are not rendering unto God what is Gods, then what? "Vengeance is mine, sayeth the lord" You still gave no reason. Everything happens for a reason.
No, what gave you that idea? He does still send people to hell, doesn't he? It isn't about praise, it's about what is due him, and that is for every kneee to bow. This is such a small sample of what will happen before it is to late. His plan is to bring the whole world to it's knees- not a vengeful God? Also, I should amend my statement- many believers won't buy into what I am saying, that being said many believers don't really buy into everything that God is, either. God is love, yes, but God is also capable of bringing your worst fears true if he thinks it will save your soul. Most people can't stomach that type of God, most people are being fed a version of God that is a watered down lie.
Yeah he still sends them to hell. That is a punishment thing. Now a days however he wont turn you into a pillar of salt or send a gunman. "His plan is to bring the whole world to it's knees". I know you mean something along the lines of he wants everyone to praise what he has given but the way you phrased it is very interesting look into your beliefs.reason for this tragity. Maybe it was the devil. Maybe every single one of these people had a reason on a local level that will help more people in the long run. Hopefully it isnt because of schools not having prayer. That is not a god of love teached in the new testament. If he is so vengeful he wouldnt make so many athiest billionaires.
Let me guess, you also blame Job for his troubles as well.
You miss the point completely. God didn't kill anybody- he allowed it. 33 dead- how many effected? Thousands, really hundreds of thousands, wehen you consider the media coverage. How many showing up just at VT alone today for prayer ceremonies throughout the day? Roughly 40,000. Try to keep God out of schools- you don't hear that now, do you? Make no mistake, God will be honoured, he will be bowed down to, whether we do it now or when we die. I don't care whether or not someone gets pissed off- they get pissed off at the very idea of God, and the message is lost on them. I don't say these things for them, I say them for the ones who are receptive.
Your reasoning has one major glitch. In Sweden, religion and school has nothing to do with each other. In religious studies we are thought that religion is myth. Swedish school system is about as far away from "God" as you can get. Now why in the world doesn't we have school shootings? Oh yeah, it's friggin illegal to own a gun unless you have a license, which is really hard to get. This means that getting your hands on a lethal weapon is very hard, not impossible, but very very hard. I for one wouldn't know where to get a gun if I wanted to.Humans kill humans. If I really wanted to I could get a gun and seak out the most devoted Christian family in the USA (or anywhere in the world) and kill them. Are you telling me that God is allowing this? Something I learned while living in Canada was that God can't help you win a hockey game, he can only help you perform your best. I obviously don't believe this, but by that reasoning God won't intervene if I would try to kill his most loyal followers. And to conclude my logical rant, that would mean that even though you devote your life to him and do everything he asks you to, he will allow the most gruesome death to you. Hardly a God worth following.