Please Judge This Hand -- Going For The Flush Nuts

are you playing in any of the events or just the side games?
I played in one of the events last year. Mostly I stick to the side games at Bellagio or at the Rio. The events are kinda crappy becuase you get so few chips that if you make one mistake, you're out. $2000 is better spent wrecking a 5/10 NL game filled with tournament players who suck at cash games.The side games are really so much more profitable IMO. This year I plan to do some of the satellites, not to enter the events, but just to make money. If I am gonna play a tourney, I'll do one of the Bellagio Cup III events that run at the same time as the series.
call but I was just too scared of throwing away a lot of money on a raise and just being called.
OOOO that may seem to be the problem. Perhaps limit or tourneys are more your style, not meaning to be a **** but timid players can't really win nl hold'em cash games. You need to know when to throw yourself balls out.
I played in one of the events last year. Mostly I stick to the side games at Bellagio or at the Rio. The events are kinda crappy becuase you get so few chips that if you make one mistake, you're out. $2000 is better spent wrecking a 5/10 NL game filled with tournament players who suck at cash games.The side games are really so much more profitable IMO. This year I plan to do some of the satellites, not to enter the events, but just to make money. If I am gonna play a tourney, I'll do one of the Bellagio Cup III events that run at the same time as the series.
this is probably a retard question, but how do you make money off the satellites? i assume you just sell your seat after winning but i'm not sure how that works.
Yessir.Now only if I could figure out how to win again. I have had only three winning sessions in the last 10 weeks, which is absolutely insane. I am not gonna play poker again until after I turn 25 on May 30. I'll just wait til the series is in town and then go down and start crushing games again.
how awful is the cash game play at the RIO during the WSOP?to the OP so it's not a total hijack- check or bet a lot more on the river, leaning more towards checking if you don't know the player very well. I like the turn bet if you think he's not going to raise, it lets you see the river pretty cheaply.
this is probably a retard question, but how do you make money off the satellites? i assume you just sell your seat after winning but i'm not sure how that works.
they pay out in $500 chips that can only be used to enter WSOP events, you can sell them to people that are going to enter the tourney anyway.
to the OP so it's not a total hijack
LOL. Not only was this thread totally hijacked, the hijacked thread was hijacked.Good question about the games at the Rio, though.
how awful is the cash game play at the RIO during the WSOP?
I played some 5/10 there last year. Let's put it this way: A mildly talented monkey could probably play better than 3 of the 9 players at the table. 3 were not toally clueless and then there were 2 good players and myself. Put me into whichever of the 3 categories you choose or create your own.
3 winning sessions in 10 weeks. ... I'm really good at knowing what the other person has, playing accordingly and staying ahead in the hand... until the river card is out. Seriously, I don't know what else I can do about this other than take 2 months off. I have never run bad for 10 weeks before. 4 was the previous max.
Been there, done that. My reads have always been spot on as well, just had the hands not holding up enough. None of the regulars I know have done well from late Jan to end of March. It's just a thing. For me, once April first came, the hands started holding up again, and all that comes with that.
I played some 5/10 there last year. Let's put it this way: A mildly talented monkey could probably play better than 3 of the 9 players at the table. 3 were not toally clueless and then there were 2 good players and myself. Put me into whichever of the 3 categories you choose or create your own.
When, where, exactly, is this again?
When, where, exactly, is this again?
The Rio, during the series. Since online poker took such a big hit, the number of mildly trained monkeys might be fewer and farther between this year.