What's That Card Doing On The Floor?

i was playing in a very loose $1-2 nl home game and problem came up. i doubt the action makes a bit of difference, but i'll include it anyway. there was a $10 preflop raise with 5 callers. $60 in the pot. the flop comes 10 high all spades. the action goes: check, bet $20 call, call, call checkraise all in for $100, call, and then someone not in the hand says " hey there's a card on the floor." we had no idea how long it had been there. what is the ruling? no one knew. i was the dealer and wasn't in the hand. i gave the 3 options that i thought were pretty fair:1.show the card and continue the hand2. show the card. put it in the deck and reshuffle the deck and continue the hand.3. chop the pot amongst those in the hand.since there was over $300 in the pot i don't think it should have been chopped. but that's what they decided to do. luckily the guy that flopped the flush didn't put up a fuss. i know i would have. anyone know the correct ruling?

It has no effect on the hand. After the hand is over, verify that it is missing from the deck you're using, replace it and shuffle up n' deal.

I have been in this situation before while in a hand at a poker room here in Toronto and they declare the hand dead seeing as you shouldn't start with 51 cards in a deck...unfortuante but it should be declared dead, card put back into deck, a reshuffle and then dealt from scratch again.

Me and my buddy played in the WSOPC event in tunica and they played with a card on the floor for a whole dealer shift. It might not have hit but my buddy needed that card in an all in situation and doubled a guy up. They guy went on to final table. Floor said nothing could be done.

It's probably not in this case, but sometimes a card on a floor can be a sign of someone trying to cheat (and at a $1/2 NL game, I could see it possible if you had any newer players, but not if it's all a regular group of friends).Either way, because of that and the fact the card on the floor could be an out for someone, I'd declare the hand dead and try to rebuild the pot.

I was once playing in a .25-.50 nl home game and a similar thing happened. I normally deal at my home games because I know just about everyone and I'm usually the best dealer. This game was at someone elses place but I new everyone there so I was dealing. Then a bunch of people showed up that I didn't know so we casually rotated dealers. After a few hands I look at the deck in this guys hand and notice that HALF THE DECK is missing. He had dropped the cards and NOT NOTICED IT!!! I look on the floor and see the cards spread all over the place and I tell him. He says, "I thought it felt a little light..huhuhhu". :D:club: I can normally tell when two cards are missing...sometimes even one and this guy didn't notice 20+.....hahaI know for a fact that it wasn't deliberate which makes it almost worse...I think...haha.