Random Hockey Observations

What a joke John Scott is going to be a captain in All star game.

I am all for fan favorites making the all star team. But this guy is an ass, a goon in every sense. Also he was just recently placed on waivers

Absolutely agree.
  • Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

I thought Marner looked ok, but tried to do too much. The skill, speed, elusiveness was all very evident though. Strome looked good with the puck but pretty slow. Virtanen looked bad even if you don't take into account his 30 undisciplined penalties.

I'm rooting for the Finns. That top line is something to watch. Far better than any line the Canadians could out out there.

Also, credentials aside, don't pick a guy in the middle of serving an 8 game suspension to be your starter. Team canada is always afraid to step outside the box with their roster construction. It's all pedigree and past team canada experience. And not enough "how good are you actually playing right now/this year"

I just started watching a 29 year old hockey game.

The starting lines were:

Larianov-Krutov-Makarov

Gretzky-Messier-M.Lemieux

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I forgot those 3 played with each other in Canada Cup '87. Unbelievable.

I just started watching a 29 year old hockey game.

The starting lines were:

Larianov-Krutov-Makarov

Gretzky-Messier-M.Lemieux

!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I forgot those 3 played with each other in Canada Cup '87. Unbelievable.

Two of the greatest ever along with one of the most overrated ever

• Like 1

I watch Auston Matthews and think first overall. Then I watch kappanen and think first overall. I'm really not sure who I'd take. Prolly kappanen. What you guys think

fyi, PuLjujarvi.

I'm just typing it from now for when I pick him in the FCHL+AHL drafts.

He's gonna be the Kurri that McDavid will need to make us all forget about Gretzky.

Then the year after the Oilers will draft a D first overall.

I would just like to point out that my 2nd favourite player of all time, Mikael Nylander, the "European Gretzky" (#92 on the Whalers, #2 in our Whaler hearts), appears to have spawned 2 superstar hockey players.

Take that father of Paulina, North American Nylander.

I watch Auston Matthews and think first overall. Then I watch kappanen and think first overall. I'm really not sure who I'd take. Prolly kappanen. What you guys think

It'll be Matthews. First overall isn't just about talent, it is about marketability as well. A nice American boy with an all-american name like Auston Matthews or a guy who's name that you guys can't even spell and none of us could confidently pronounce? If they are even evaluated close, I think almost every NHL team takes the North American player, and certainly any US team would.