Random Hockey Observations

I am the proud owner of a new Honda Civic SE!I actually wanted the Honda Fit, which has an MSRP a couple thousand lower, but after some negotiating and the dealer's weird incentives, the Civic was actually cheaper over 5 years.I'm a little sad not getting the Fit, which is kind of a cool little car. Tons of room even though it looks small. The Civic is just awesome though, especially loaded up like the SE. 5 years at 0.9% with some cash incentives I whined to get too.Thanks everyone for putting up with the longest and most unapologetic thread hijack in history.

• Replies 22.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• serge

• Zach6668

• digitalmonkey

• MapleLeafpoker

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Taking Jin to his first NHL game Sunday. Seats close to the glass and I get to see McDavid. Probably the last game I see at The Joe.

I want Subban to win all the Norrises now.

vezina NOMINATION for Dev. **** yeahhhhhhhhhhhh. Going to vegas in June

Posted Images

I am the proud owner of a new Honda Civic SE!I actually wanted the Honda Fit, which has an MSRP a couple thousand lower, but after some negotiating and the dealer's weird incentives, the Civic was actually cheaper over 5 years.I'm a little sad not getting the Fit, which is kind of a cool little car. Tons of room even though it looks small. The Civic is just awesome though, especially loaded up like the SE. 5 years at 0.9% with some cash incentives I whined to get too.Thanks everyone for putting up with the longest and most unapologetic thread hijack in history.
Congrats! I think Jay works for Honda.
Congrats! I think Jay works for Honda.
Baha, of course. Anyone else work for/own a car dealership?Jay - $417/month for 60 months for the SE, including the rustproofing, etc - how'd I do? :club:
Baha, of course. Anyone else work for/own a car dealership?Jay - $417/month for 60 months for the SE, including the rustproofing, etc - how'd I do? :club:
Honda's are good cars, good engines and great resale. The Civic has great incentives right now because an all new model is coming out shortly. Sounds like a great deal. Hope the car worked well for you, still think the Jetta is best! :ts
Please don't tell me you bought rust proofing from a dealership.
Please don't tell me you bought rust proofing from a dealership.
Stupid, right? They had a big sale on for it, so it was like $300 off with a 10-year warrantee (no interim inspections), but I know rustproofing is always a big rip. My father-in-law is always harping on rust prevention and recommended it, so it was worth it just to prevent him from being able to say he told me so. Probably could've saved money on it elsewhere, though I'm a little hard up after all this crap, so getting it included in the 60-month plan at 0.9% was a bonus.Didn't get the warranty which I'm kind of regretting. Would've gone from 3-year/60k full (5 year/100k powertrain) to 7-year full for $1100.

Teams should have their secondary faceoff guy lineup to take the faceoff and have their primary faceoff guy start on the wing. Then all they need to do is have one of their wingers try to get a jump on the play and if the linesman catches it then the faceoff guy will just get tossed and they can put their primary guy in.

Saw on Twitter/was watching World Champs, and they said Devan Dubnyk was brought into this Canada-France game and was getting his first chance to play at Worlds.I didnt know that Devan Dubnyk didnt get any time last year at the Worlds, but congrats on finally getting to man the nets for Team Canada. Suprised they didnt even give him a game last year.

Stupid, right? They had a big sale on for it, so it was like $300 off with a 10-year warrantee (no interim inspections), but I know rustproofing is always a big rip. My father-in-law is always harping on rust prevention and recommended it, so it was worth it just to prevent him from being able to say he told me so. Probably could've saved money on it elsewhere, though I'm a little hard up after all this crap, so getting it included in the 60-month plan at 0.9% was a bonus.Didn't get the warranty which I'm kind of regretting. Would've gone from 3-year/60k full (5 year/100k powertrain) to 7-year full for $1100.
Rust proofing is a rip off, but its not like its a bad product, it is just overpriced.in fact, all the products that are pitched through the finance office are typically marked up ridiculously high, to make up for the fact that the Dealer sometimes only makes a couple hundred on the sticker price of a new car nowadays.
Rust proofing is a rip off, but its not like its a bad product, it is just overpriced.in fact, all the products that are pitched through the finance office are typically marked up ridiculously high, to make up for the fact that the Dealer sometimes only makes a couple hundred on the sticker price of a new car nowadays.
[bold added]Those assembly-line machines must have a helluva union.
[bold added]Those assembly-line machines must have a helluva union.
You do realize that a car dealership and the car manufacturer are different I hope.As has been already pointed out dealers make little money on the sale of an individual car.Your local new car dealer would be far happier in most cases to sell you a used car for $12K than a new one for $30K especially if you need to finance through one of the dealerships used car financing options since they get a commission on that financing.
You do realize that a car dealership and the car manufacturer are different I hope.As has been already pointed out dealers make little money on the sale of an individual car.Your local new car dealer would be far happier in most cases to sell you a used car for $12K than a new one for $30K especially if you need to finance through one of the dealerships used car financing options since they get a commission on that financing.
Yes, thanks. I do realize that. My point (a joke btw) was that the cost to manufacture a car is apparently ridiculously high enough to prevent much markup room by the dealers. I was simply stating (in a sarcastic manner) why it costs so much to manufacture a car.
The car business has turned into a banking business.... its more about the financial terms than the car...
Thanks guys - glad to see my feelings were 'on' in this instance. A used car would have been more than sufficient for me, but I don't have more than a few grand to put down. With the whole financing package, in many cases a 2007-2008 car was only 10% less than a brand new one of the same model!There were a bunch of 'last day of the month' sales, including what amounted to be 20% off the rustproofing package. Still a rip I'm sure.I'm a little pissed that it came down to economics - I wanted the Fit, but apparently there are only a couple dozen in Nova Scotia since they are produced in Japan. Hence the 5.4% interest rate. I ended up with the last Civic SE on the lot. It already had 1000km on it. How pissed/worried should I be to not be getting one with only a couple hundred km?
Thanks guys - glad to see my feelings were 'on' in this instance. A used car would have been more than sufficient for me, but I don't have more than a few grand to put down. With the whole financing package, in many cases a 2007-2008 car was only 10% less than a brand new one of the same model!There were a bunch of 'last day of the month' sales, including what amounted to be 20% off the rustproofing package. Still a rip I'm sure.I'm a little pissed that it came down to economics - I wanted the Fit, but apparently there are only a couple dozen in Nova Scotia since they are produced in Japan. Hence the 5.4% interest rate. I ended up with the last Civic SE on the lot. It already had 1000km on it. How pissed/worried should I be to not be getting one with only a couple hundred km?
I wouldn't lose sleep over the mileage...http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/auto/20011226a.asp

Anyone else find the second round boring? Even with all the OT games? The first round was amazing, maybe it's hangover?

Anyone else find the second round boring? Even with all the OT games? The first round was amazing, maybe it's hangover?
I haven't watched a single game yet in the second round. Still hungover and depressed from the first round. Washington-Tampa Bay is the only really interesting matchup to me, to be honest.
I dont know about boring but I always find the first round more exciting because of the number of games and different stuff going on.That Vancouver/Chicago series and the Boston/Montreal series is hard to match.
I thought last night's game was ridiculous, and not just because we won. It was wide open with tons of shots, I thought it was very exciting.

Non-hockey hijack: I am closing my almost famous poker room (bought a new house). Any of you that are around on saturday night are invited to the closing poker game. Email me if you need info...gruven72@hotmail.com

overall, I have been less intrigued by the second round. Mostly, as SJ said, because of the week straight of exciting elimination games that closed out round 1. the opening games of round 2 haven't been able to compare.however, last night's boston/Philly game was incredible.

overall, I have been less intrigued by the second round. Mostly, as SJ said, because of the week straight of exciting elimination games that closed out round 1. the opening games of round 2 haven't been able to compare.however, last night's boston/Philly game was incredible.
YOu know what would make the second round more fun..Leafs or Devan.:club: